Writers of PS please dont give Gyaani episodes

Posted: 2 years ago

Sorry but I couldn't control myself after 3-4 episodes. 

I keep watching Dhara or Gaumbi constantly giving gyaan to other couples. 

I get it they are older, I get it they are parents figure to 3 boys. But this show is for entertainment purpose not a satsang. We watch this show to lighten our mood not to get serious.

Little gyaan is ok but 16 minutes of Gyaan in one episode is too much. 

• Gaumbi giving gyaan to Dev for 12 minutes on 1st May
  • Gaumbi giving gyaan to Rishta and co for 16 minutes on 4th May
  • Gaumbi giving explanation to Dhara another 3 minutes on 4th May

You have content, you have story telling, you have beautiful couple like Shivi .You can add bunch of romantic scenes, add adventure etc etc please dont waste yours and ours time in lessons. 

Are they trying to showcase Gaura is the only Lead couple in the show? Then they should get the fact check : for most of viewers Shivi is equal lead couple. please try to respect our wish. 

I dont know about others but I am  disappointed.

Sorry if I hurt anyone else is feeling. 

They are a lead couple and they are adorable , thats fine.  But gyan dena is getting a bit too much ,I agree with that ðŸ˜† Aaj toh panchtantra ki kahani ka demo de diya poora ðŸ¤£ 

Satsang ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£

I love their hum saath Saath hain type bonding..gombi and dhara have raised the boys well..now they must give them some space and let them sort out minor issues on their own. Ab itna sa fight se family nai tootne wali na. Take it easy n enjoy. PS is the rare serial which has kind of , light hearted positive story right now, without any vamps / negativity..I want it to be that way ..thoda sa bas sweetness ka dose kam rakhein😆 

Edited by _charu_ - 2 years ago

I do find the gyaan from Gautam and Dhara kind of hard to digest, considering that they really aren't THAT much older than the other brothers, but nevertheless, I find it so wonderful that the writers are doing what they can to not make Rishita into a stereotypical vamp bahu, but instead a girl that just needs time adjusting in a family where their love language is quality time (as opposed to her maternal family, where their love language was... well, nonexistent). The most recent scene of Gautam giving his gyaan to Rishita and Dev was very much needed I think, especially because I've been waiting for either Gautam or Dhara to bring up the fact that RishDev are together because of ShiVi's sacrifice. Up until now, no one has really appreciated that, at least out in the open like this. Plus, I really like how Gautam framed things when he was talking to Rishita, because she genuinely seemed to understand where he was coming from for once. 

I personally come from the place of having seen multiple shows being ruined because writers take a perfectly balanced ensemble cast show and begin writing other characters at a surface level in order to give the maximum amount of screen space to the characters that they believe are bringing them ratings. Those same shows have forums filled with threads about who deserves more screen space, who doesn't, who really matters to ratings, who doesn't. I guess the important thing to remember with shows like Pandya Store is that the ensemble cast IS its USP/strength. You take that away, and you get the shows that eventually result in the FL dying and coming back to life, or the ML suffering from amnesia, and/or 15 different separation tracks. Most shows I've seen that have not been able to write every character with purpose and meaning usually end with those tropes, and things go downhill from there. I LOVE ShiVi, and they are honestly one of the few ITV couples that have managed to give me butterflies , but I personally would not want anything to change about how they're doing things, screen space distribution-wise. Their magic exists in the pockets of time they are given, and I'm living for it. Plus, GauRa are really refreshing to watch, because it is very rare that I see such healthy relationships being idolized on ITV these days. 

Sorry, this got kind of long, but just wanted to put that out there!

Hi, to answer your question, I will reply in two parts. 

1. Gaura Giving Gyaan: I honestly think that the gyaan goes overboard sometimes only from Dhara’s POV. Gaumbi is a treat to watch as his gyaan is more poignant and very balanced. 

2. Screen Space and Shivi: First of all, PS is a show which has been very wholesome till date. All characters including the Mama and Mami too have great screen space. I love Shivi but rarely I get to see shows where every cast member and character brings so much to the story which was before Gul Khan Brand of trip and fall shows started getting into picture with only leads falling on each other l. I mean after a while that does get boring too. 
The TRP’s come as a result of an entire show and not merely because of a lead couple. PS has been that show which likes to give equal importance to everyone. I’d rather like it that way. The day it becomes a run-of-the mill story, I’d be the first one to bail out. 

I agree with what journalgirl321 and Transference have said above. 

Dhara's "gyaan" is irrational at times. I did not understand how she kept pushing Raavi & Shiva to move on immediately after the wedding  It takes time to build a trusting relationship - especially  given their history and all the drama that happened at the wedding venue. And I really hope the writers cut down on this kind of meaningless advice. 

But I found Gombi's advice today to be very sensible. I loved the way he put his points across - paid attention to everyone's needs but highlighted the importance of coming together. And didn't rely on only to theoretical concepts such as the sanctity of marriage or the importance of maaryada. This kind of gyaan is much more applicable to our everyday lives and I would love to see more of this. 

Coming to the shivi screen space topic. I do agree that their relationship is taking center stage at the moment, and fans (including me) are loving it! But I want their relationship to be built on trust, respect, and love...not just raw chemistry. I think the family, and their sensible gyaan, will be crucial in helping them build this relationship. 

P.S.: can we all agree that the episodes will not be even half as entertaining without Krish and his comedic timing?? ðŸ˜Š

I like it when they include these tiny lessons in innovative ways, and Gaumbi especially is a treat to watch when he gives gyaan because he shows how he is a mature, understanding character who is capable of providing the right sort of guidance. I do agree that it sometimes goes a little overboard tho. Like in today's episode, I liked Gaumbi explaining things to Rishita so gently, but the next scene with Dhara seemed an unnecessary waste of run time for me, that was too much of the same stuff in one episode. I also get tired of watching GauRa talk about the same stuff like a pair of grandparents every single time there's a minor inconvenience - initially it was appealing to see such communication and understanding between a couple but now it's getting repetitive and losing its charm. 

Dhara could tone it down with the mollycoddling and maybe the two of them should talk about other stuff too. Painting the brothers and their wives as babies is a little hard to watch if I'm being honest, sometimes they're a bit OTT about that. 

I have no qualms about screen space tho, I'd rather the show develop all the characters and give each of them a proportionate part of the pie than watch a single pair of dimensional characters while the rest stand around like cutouts. The way everyone in the ensemble gets ample screen time with their own side plots is one of the things I like about this show. It makes me look forward to watching everyone's scenes even though I started watching for ShiVi. 

Next in line is Shiva ðŸ˜†

His plan to prank Rishita is definitely going to backfire and he will get another dose of gyaan from Dhara and Gombi. 

I have agreed with everything that was said so far! I am loving how Rishita is being portrayed as a very human/realistic character! She's just a little more annoying than the rest of the characters because she is not used to being in a family like the Pandya one. She's used to getting what she wants and being a little selfish. But, it seems like Gaumbi is breaking through with her in a way that Dhara even couldn't. Even Shiva's prank, I hope, will melt her and she will become a Rishita that many will love and look forward too!

In terms of screen space, I love how each couple has equal screen space with Krish included too! As much as I love ShiVi, it would honestly get boring really fast if all we had to see were their nok-jhoks and romance. By giving each couple screen space, we learn more about the other characters in the show. And afterwards, when each couple interacts, we see beautiful sides of the characters we don't already know. For example, in the bus ride when Dhara alluded to ShiVi's childhood, that was my absolute favorite scene. As much as I love the accidental romances and heated gazes, I love seeing a couple have a strong foundation. Knowing that ShiVi have a whole childhood together just makes me look forward to their relationship that much more. (You don't casually fight for someone to get chole if you didn't already have some type of impression on that person... whether it is love, respect, or admiration... well that's something we will find out later!) So, I think we'll only get these sweet moments if the other couples are also equally highlighted.

The one qualm that I have about this show, though, is Dev's characterization. Seeing the original, and seeing how he handled things, made me actually forgive Dev for doing such a thing at his wedding. I am not too sure about the Tamil version, but in the Telugu version, whatever words that Gaumbi spoke today (there was no comparison to sticks, just the meaning of the words) were actually spoken by Dev to Rishita on their suhaag raat. Additionally, as some others have mentioned on other threads and the EDT, Dev and Shiva, especially once the tension between ShiVi has cooled, become confidants to each other when they discuss their relationship.

That was one aspect I appreciated of the original show. Every character had some type of flaw, but through their interactions with other characters, they became stronger. It seems like Pandya Store is trying to center GauRa as the sole peacemakers of the family, which can be done, with Suman when needed. Instead, I want to see Dev and Rishita serve as peacemakers some times as well. I mean how nice would it be if Rishita and Raavi had a scene where Rishita tells Raavi what love is, and Raavi realizes that she's never truly loved Dev (just merely infatuated). Or how nice would it be if Dev, with Shiva and Raavi, comments about their childhood and describes a time where ShiVi worked together to solve a problem? And that makes ShiVi realize that their childhood wasn't entirely built on hate. And even Krish, how nice would it be to see Krish discuss his college problems with ShiVi, and ShiVi offer a solution, and Krish tells them that their solution should apply to their marriage as well?

We don't just learn from our parents. We learn from our siblings, friends, and mentors too. As of now, it seems like GauRa teaching the rest is in full force, and I understand why that may be. 10 years is a long time to be married. But 10 years does not justify them knowing the solution to every problem. ShiVi's marriage is nothing like GauRa's. GauRa can advise the couple to settle their differences, but apart from that, there shouldn't be too much meddling or resentment will build.

Right now, there seems to be a huge characterization imbalance. GauRa and ShiVi and Krish are well characterized. But DevTa are not. There's many gaps in their characters, and that's causing the audience to become even more frustrated with the two. It's even made me realize that I like Dev individually (when Rishita's not around), and I like Rishita individually (when Dev's not around), but I can't seem to like them when they are together, and I think a lot of that has to do with how they've distributed the character traits/changed the characters in the remake. I hope they hone in on Dev's character... he really was an amazing character in the original!

I love the show as it is..though I love ShiVi, I can’t watch the entire show only them romancing..I love suman, Mami, Krish, shiva as independent characters and want all of them to have screen space..

infact I am even looking forward to Hardik and Anita’s love story ðŸ˜†

i agree on the gyaan part, and they can tone down rotlu dhara and make her more the savage dhara we saw in pre leap and day before yesterday’s episode...I don’t mind gaumbi ka gyaan, but I do agree with felicie, GuaRa act OTT with the mollycoddling of the brothers and calling them bacche har waqt when they aren’t is irritating...hope they can tone it down a bit.

overall pandya store is not a love story but a family drama, and I am expecting exactly that, I don’t want them focusing on one couple just cause they are fan favourites and ruin the essence of the show. I want all the characters to be developed well.

honestly it is the only positive and light show i am seeing nowadays and wouldn’t mind such fun show with all thats going around.

Edited by Peanutbolt - 2 years ago

I agree with Transference and Felicie. Since this is a family show, every character should be given importance and it has to satisfy the TRP audience the most. As much as the online, overseas fans like Shiva and Raavi, SP takes into the TRP audience, the most as they fetch them the money. We will get to see a beautiful journey of Shiva and Raavi along with the rest of the characters. They are also important to move the story along and that way the leads don't get burned out.

IPK, a very popular show in 2011-2012, TRP topper at 8 pm slot with huge online/overseas audience, had to be shut down at fans request as Barun was leaving. They did not want to see anybody else playing ASR.  He got fatigued as he had to work every single day. Him and Sanaya were there in every scene, just imagine the toll it will take on them.

I think the CVs are balancing it out with every character. As for Dhara's gyan, these girls are new and since the Maha saas is not here, she has taken the responsibility of inducting these girls into the family. I am sure it will all stop after few months, when the couples mature and have their own love story and things to take care. Be thankful that both Gautam and Dhara are only giving gyan and not trying to separate the couple like it always happens in every ITV show these days.

Be patient, good scenes will come our way.