SamJun ArNi SS: she lit a fire Ch3-pg3 |25/7/21|No PMs

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hola folks!!!

I'm back after eons cuz I missed y'all and exam se pehle thoda likhna ka mann kiya. I've already written the drafts of this story, it is actually a part of my forever ongoing FF Reshimbandh, been here since a really long time (7ish years). 

These are basically outtakes or backstory which couldn't be the part of original story in detail. There's going to be a lot of fluff, friendship and romance! No dark stuff😳

Part 1 has already been posted few months before but I'm posting it again here for continuity. 

Hope you all enjoy reading it. 

Please give your precious feedback it really means a lot.

Stay safe and healthy, it's tough times but don't forget to do things that make you happy.

Lots of love,

NπŸ’–

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Chapter 1: Unexpected Friendship

BHU Hostel, Varanasi

"Hi! I'm Arjun!" Arjun forwarded his hand to the fair, tall and handsome guy who had just entered his hostel room. 

"Sameer Rathore." Sameer smiled and got busy keeping his two large bags on a side.

"Which course?" Arjun scratched his hair as his handshake got ignored.

"B. A. LLB." Sameer said without looking at him.

"Same pinch!" Arjun waited for some response, "Tumhe mujhse koi problem hai?"

"Nahi. Hum anjaan logon se jyada baat karna pasand nahi karte." 

"Well, alright. Tum- aap baat na kare, main to karunga, aap sun lena."

"Dekho Arjun, abhi hum bilkool kisi se baat nahi karna chahte aur na hi kuch sunna chahte hai. Leave me alone."

"Alright dude, but let me remind you that we share this room. I'll pretend that I don't exist. Bye." Arjun walked out of the room. 'Ajeeb aadmi hai, aise hum karke koun baat karta hai iss zamane me? Kuch bhi!'

Arjun stood in the gallery, looking at the chirruping birds and trees. His phone rang, "Home" he picked up, "Hello?"

"Bhaiya! Kaise ho?" His 12 year old sister asked excitedly.

"Achha hun, tum batao."

"I'm missing you already. Hostel kaisa hai? Koi sexy roommate?"

"Dollie, ye aise baat karna kahan se seekha?"

"Batao na!"

"Thik hai, koi sadu sa room mate hai, apne aap ko pata nahi kahan ka rajkumar samajhta hai."

"Lol, prince charming and all, sounds fun."

"Haan aise hi kuch. I hope classmates achhe ho. Isse to koi ummeed nahi. Mera yahan mann nahi lag raha."

"To wapas aa jao, yahan bhi to colleges hai."

"BHU me admission chahiye tha isiliye itni mehnat ki maine, aise hi thodi wapas aa jaunga. Waise bhi mujhe dost banane me kahan time lagta hai, bas ek do din me sab set ho jayega."

"Tumhe meri yaad nahi aati?"

"Bilkool bhi nahi. Pata hai aaj main itna khush tha ki tumhari bakbak nahi sunni padegi ab, aur tabhi tumne call kar diya."

"Thik hai, bye." She cut the call.

"It's dinner time, mess sath chaloge ya wo bhi akele hi?" Arjun tried to talk to Sameer again.

"Tumse baat kiye bina raha nahi jaata kya?"

"Nahi. Main aisa hi hun, tumhe koi problem ho to apne kaan me rui laga lo."

"Tum ho koun?"

"Are, do ghante pehle hi to bataya ki mera naam Arjun hai. Arjun Rawte. Tumhara roommate bhi. Memory issues ya koi aur problem?" 

"Look mister, I don't have a problem with you, don't try to make one."

"Dekho bhai-"

"Hum tumhare bhai nahi hain."

"Mujhe bhook lagi hai, main mess jaa raha hun. Tum apna dekh lo."

Later that night,

"Tumhe apne ghar ki bahut yaad aa rahi hai?"

"Nahi."

"Missing your mom?"

"No."

"To phir itna gussa kyun ho? I know pehli baar hostel me aaye ho to thoda adjust karne me problem hoti hai, mujhe bhi ho rahi hai, par tum aise-"

"Humne kaha na ki hum anjaan logo se baar nahi karte, phir tum-"

"Yaar, suno, we share this room and I can't share a room with someone I know nothing about. Let's be friends and get to know each other. It's just that simple. Aur tum kya koi chote bachhe ho jise anjaan logo se baat karne se manaa kiya gaya hai? Grow up dude!"

"Goodnight." Sameer turned off the lights and slept.

Next morning,

Arjun woke up and freshened. He saw a small note on his table,

"Arjun, 

I'm sorry for behaving so rudely yesterday. It wasn't the best way we got introduced to each other, can we start over?

Sameer"

Arjun smiled, "Ye achha idea hai! Par hai kahan ye Sameer?"

Sameer came in sweating, "Good morning!"

"Good morning! Subah subah kahan se aa rahe ho?" 

"Jogging!"

"Mujhe bhi utha dete, chalo main baad me jaunga."

"Kal se saath me jaa sakte hai."

"Cool! Waise tum workout bhi karte ho?"

"Haan." Sameer smiled.

"Smile karte ho to achhe dikhte ho!" 

"Thanks! I'm sorry about yesterday. Just had a bad day-"

"And I made it worse?"

"No, nothing like that. I've been raised in a certain environment, and with a lot of expectations and restrictions. This is the first time I'm on my own without a bunch of bodyguards and it feels so good. I know there are people around me who still keep an eye on me and are reporting my father everything I do but atleast it's different."

"What? Who are you exactly?"

"I belong to the royal family of Ajeygarh from Rajasthan. I've always tried to make my father understand that there is no need for his royal ways but he is a very rigid and traditional man. I had a fight with him yesterday as he booked a new house for me and wasn't letting me stay in hostel."

"Ooh! Well, I understand how it feels to stay under constant supervision. Even my father had similar ideas but then I convinced him somehow that it doesn't matter where I stay, I'm here to study."

"Exactly my point! Like for once in life let me experience what it is like to be an ordinary person."

"It's not that great but it isn't that bad either."

"Right! I'll take a shower and get back to you."

"Sure."

Later that night,

"Arjun, what's your ambition?"

"My father wants me to become a corporate lawyer and help in his business. I want to be an IPS officer like my mama. What about you?"

"I haven't quite decided what exactly I want to do but I do plan on giving UPSC. I'm quite confused between IFS and IPS."

"Our monster also talks about being IFS. She loves foreign affairs and international relations. She's 12."

"Your monster?"

"My sister." Arjun showed a picture of his four siblings. 

"She's cute."

"Nahi, shakal pe mat jao. Toofan hai, koi nahi sambhal sakta ise."

"Ye jyada ho raha hai. Mera chota bhai bhi shaitaan hai kaafi lekin-"

"8 saal ki thi tab usne kitchen me aag laga di thi aur tab se uski kitchen me no entry hai. Paani peene ke liye bhi nahi jaa sakti andar."

"Aag to galti se lagi hogi na?"

"Nahi. Usne pata nahi kaise lekin tel se bhari kadhai gira di aur phir maachis ki tili daal di usme. Phir wahan baith ke dekh rahi thi ki sab kaise jal raha hai. Usne ye bhi nahi socha ki use chot lag sakti thi, kuch bhi ho jata. Aur pata hai jab poocha ki ye kaise hua to boli ki mujhe dekhna tha ki sab jalta kaise hai."

"Wow, that's scary. Matlab aise khurafati dimag me kab kya ho raha hai kise pata?

"Main to puri raat uske kaarnaame sunau to bhi khatam nahi honge."

"Chalo abhi so jao, kal subah jaldi uthna hai na."

Arjun's phone rang, "Hello!"

"Tumhe to meri yaad bhi nahi aati. Pata hai aaj kya hua?" His sister complained in sore voice.

"Ab kya kar diya?"

"Aaj princi ne mujhe bina mic ke, poori assembly ko address karne ke liye kaha. Bola command do, stand-at-ease, attention- itna gala dukh raha hai abhi itta chilla ke, puchho mat!"

"Ye to achha hai. Waise bhi tumhe chillane ka mauka hi to chahiye hota hai har waqt."

"Naye dost banaye?"

"Haan."

"Neha, soyi nahi abhi tak?" He heard his mom's voice.

"So gayi." She yelled and cut the call.

"Pata hai Sameer, you are so lucky that you don't have a sister! Ye to meri jaan le legi kisi din. Uff itni nautanki, main kya batau!"

"I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic but not everyone is lucky to have a sister, you've got one, cherish her."

"Tumhe chahiye to tum rakh lo. I'm done." 

"I just hope you realise her importance before it's too late."

"Yaar tum bahot lecture dete ho. Tum sach me do din raho uske saath pata chal jayega ki wo kya sirdard hai."

"Nahi, thik hai."

"Sameer, I love my sister, okay, it's just that she is one hell of an annoying person and that's that."

"That's the story of every sibling!" 

"Exactly! Also are we friends now?"

"I thought we were!"

"Oh, now that you're my friend, you can call me Juno."

"Juno? Why?"

"It's short for Arjun and also because I'm born in June, so!"

"Nice. You can call me Sam."

"That sounds way better than Sameer!"

"That's not even my birth name. I was named Samarveersingh by my grandfather. I had it shortened to Sameer when I went to school."

"That's quite some name. Man, you royal folks really be so extra!"

"Don't even get me started about being extra."

"Well then goodnight!"

"Sleep tight."

"Don't let the bed bugs bite."

"Wait there are bed bugs?"

"No, just saying."

"Alright!"

-*-

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 3 years ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Chapter 2: The Train Journey

March 2008,

Indian Railways is the lifeline that connects the country and its people. Every journey has a life of its own. Here are our protagonists embarked on one such life changing journey in the 2nd class sleeper coach.

Arjun Suryakant Rawte is the tall, dark, handsome young man, and a freshly trained IPS officer from the academy. He is reading John Green's Looking for Alaska while he is waiting to find his, in this boring train journey. 

"Bhaiya, kounsa station aya?" His teenage sister peeps from the top berth and her two long plaits drop down. "Ow, my hair!" She yelped as he pulled them.

"Neeche aake dekh lo, main padh raha hun, don't disturb." Arjun said. Don't judge him for being so annoyed. In his defence, Neha is a bit too much to handle, she is inquisitive and being raised in a generationally rich family, quite unaware of the ways of ordinary people's lives. He has been answering her since last three hours and is tired now.

This teenager lands with a thud from the top side berth and sits next to her brother at the window seat. "Aur kitni der lagegi Kolkata pahuchne me?"

"Do din." Arjun said without looking up from his book.

"Itta jyada time lagega?" She pouted.

"Chup rahogi to jaldi ayega."

"Bhaiya, wo kya hai wahan?" She pointed out of the window.

He pulled her hand inside, "Dollie, bola na, chup chap baitho, pareshan mat karo."

"Kaahe itta pareshan ho rahe bhaiya? Main to bas-"

"Chup. Maine pehle hi kaha tha, flight se chalte hai, do ghante me pahuch jayenge, lekin nahi, tumhe hi bada shouk tha, train se jana hai, ye karna hai, wo karna hai" He imitated her high-pitched voice.

"Ek to pehli baar akele train se jaane ko mil raha hai mujhe laga tha maza aayega, maa ki daant to nahi sunni padegi, papa k sath hi jana chahiye tha, aap to mummy k bhi baap ho chillane me, bachhe ki jaan hi le lo." 

"Nautanki band karo aur mujhe padhne do."

"Thik hai." She looked out of the window. After a few minutes, "Bhaiya, ek pen aur paper do."

"Q? Tum to keh rahi thi ki board ki exams ho gayi hai ab do mahine kitab haath me nahi leni hai, ab kya hua?"

"Shh.. baat nahi karo, book do, mujhe kuch likhna hai."

Arjun shook his head and gave her his diary and pen.

After 15 minutes she gave him his dairy, "Dekho maine kya likha!"

Arjun read the poem, "Wow, this is good."

"It is?" Neha grinned.

"Yes, it's very good." 

"I'm hungwy!"

"Kya khana hai?"

"Chips!"

Arjun gave her a packet of potato chips from his bag. She started eating. Arjun tried to take a few pieces but she hit his arm.

"Kya hai?" Arjun snatched the packet.

"Bhaiya, pehle to tum mere pe kabse gussa kar rahe ho aur ab mere chips bhi le liye, ye sab nahi chalega."

"Oye chirkoot, jyada bakbak mat kar." He smacked her head.

"Oww.. Apni girlfriend ka gussa mere pe nai nikalneka, samjhe?"

"Kounsi girlfriend?"

"Mujhe kya pata? Itti saari to tumhari hi hai."

"Abhi koi nahi hai."

"Q?"

"Academy me ye sab allowed nahi hota aur time bhi nahi milta."

"Par wo jo college me thi, Shanaya? Uska kya hua?"

"Shaadi ho gayi uski."

"Itti jaldi?"

"Ab ho gayi na, main kya karu? Uske parents nahi maan rahe the."

"Meri shaadi kab karenge?"

"Ladka dhund k rakh, 18 ki ho jayegi tab karwa denge."

"Aur mujhe ladke se shaadi nahi karni ho to?"

"Kya matlab?"

"Okay, confession time, please don't freak out, alright?"

"Okay." Arjun nodded unsurely.

"I'm Gay." She bit her lips while fidgeting with her curls.

Arjun stared at her and sighed, "Neha, you're too young to know this."

"I'm going to be sixteen in four months. If I'm not too young to have a boyfriend, why am I too young to be gay? Such hypocrisy!"

"Abhi tum bachhi ho, bacchi hi raho."

"You're such a hypocrite bhaiya, I really thought you'd understand and support me. My bad. I should've expected this." She climbed back the top berth and sat facing the wall. 

After few minutes, Arjun climbed up and sat beside her. "Neha," he said in a loving voice, gently caressing her hair, "I'm sorry. I didn't know how to react, it was like -"

"Don't say anything that'll make it worse."

Arjun took a sharp breath, "Look, I am here for you, no matter what. I will always support you. Be yourself, that's what you can do the best, right?" He pecked her forehead.

"Of course! There's no one like me!" She smiled.

"Shouldn't be. God only makes a mistake once!" He pulled her cheeks. She smacked his arms.

The train halted at a station. Arjun looked towards the door at the boarding passengers. His eyes struck on a young woman who was struggling with her huge bag. She checked her ticket again and looked for her seat. 

I've been through the desert and I've been across the sea

I've been walking through the mountains and wandered through the trees for her

Neha looked at her brother who was gaping at somethi-, no some one. She looked in the direction and sighted her. 

"She's beautiful!" Neha pinched Arjun.

"Oww!" 

"Ye to bahot khubsurat hai Bhaiya! Pataa lo inhe!"

"Main bhi wahi soch raha tha." Arjun said immediately.

"My turn, me goes first!"

"Kya? Bilkul nahi, bhabhi hai tumhari!"

"Pakka?"

"I'll try!" Arjun winked.

"Okay, main abhi neeche jaa rahi, tum aaram se aana, act cool!"

"I don't need tips from you."

The young woman dressed in red and black cotton kurta-pajama came near their compartment and took her seat on the outer corner. Neha came back to her seat at the window and started reading Mein Kamph. 

Arjun was looking at the woman from the top berth. She tied her loosely braided hair into a bun and wiped sweat off her face. Arjun felt his heart skip a bit. 'How can someone look so beautiful even when tired?' 

I have been trying to find her 

want to give what I got

She lit a fire, 

but now she's in my every thought

"Hey sunshine!" Neha kept the book aside and talked to the young woman opposite her.

"Me?"

"Hi! I'm Neha! And you?"

She smiled, "Roshni!"

"Wow! You're like sunshine, literally!" Neha chuckled.

Arjun rolled his eyes at her dumb pun.

Roshni forced a smile, "thanks".

"So, where are you going?"

"Chennai" 

"But the train's going to Calcutta- oh, nevermind!" Neha picked a book on poems and began reading. 

A few minutes later, Arjun came down. He looked at the mess on his berth, "Ye sab kya raita faila ke rakha hai? Sameto ise."

"Baithna ho to baitho nahi to khade raho." Neha said without looking at him.

Arjun snatched the book from her hands, "Uthao ye sab aur bag me daalo."

"Sunshine," Neha turned to Roshni, "I have no clue who this man is, why is he talking to me like this?"

"She's my sister." Arjun defended himself.

"Seems like you take the 'All Indians are my brothers and sisters' pledge too seriously." Neha nudged.

"Ab tum ye sab utha rahi ho ya maa ko phone karu?"

"Har baat me maa ko beech me laana zaruri nahi hota." She pouted and started picking up the books, and cards. 

"Itna drama karna zaruri hai kya?" Arjun made some space for himself and sat.

"Life is too boring with Simply Salted, all you need is a bit of magic and lot of masala. Right sunshine?" She folded the empty chips packet and put them in bag.

"True!"

"By the way, he's Arjun, my brother and IPS of 2006 batch."

Arjun smiled at her.

"I'm Roshni. Just finished my Master's in Social Work."

"That's great."

"One of my friends is also an IPS of 2006 batch." Roshni chimed.

"What's his name? I might know." Arjun was getting curious.

"Sameer Rathore."

"Sameer? He's tall, fair and a moustache guy?"

"Yes."

Arjun's face brightened, "He's my best friend!"

"Oh, you are the Juno guy he talks about all the time!"

"Wow! The world really is very small and round." Neha intervened.

"Seems like it!"

"How do you know my Samie bro?"

"We were classmates in high school!"

"He really talks very highly about you. I've never heard him talk about anyone else like that."

"That guy literally has like 3 friends, what even?"

"I thought it was just the two of us, who's the third?"

"I am my own friend, duh!" Neha imitated Sameer.

"I'm going to read. You guys continue." Arjun said as he picked his book.

"Come-on! It's evening. Andhere me kya padhna, subah subah padh lena. Look at the sunset!" Neha looked outside the window, the setting sun had painted the sky in multiple shades of red and orange. "You know my friend says that Sunsets are a beautiful reminder that no matter how good or bad your day was, it ended and sunrise is the reminder that you always have a new day to start anew."

"Wow! Such philosophy from a sixteen year old, nice!" Roshni smiled.

"Well yeah, her father has a PhD in Philosophy and her mother has hers in Religion and Culture. So it's kinda in the family. Also, I'm bored!"

"Seventeen" Arjun voiced.

"What?"

"You've said that seventeen times in the last five hours."

"Why are you counting?"

"Cuz I'm bored as well!"

"Let's play Uno!" Neha took out the cards from her bag, "Sunshine, you wanna play?"

"Umm, yeah."

"Okay, there's only one rule, no cheating."

The trio started playing Uno. Arjun has been stealing glances while they played. 

Next morning,

Neha woke up on her top berth and peeped to see what her brother was doing. She couldn't spot him oh his seat, even his handbag wasn't around. She sat upright on her seat, "Bhaiya?" She got down and asked the fellow passengers who didn't know anything. One of them said they saw him going somewhere a while ago. She looked around, Roshni was still sleeping. She tried looking out of the window but couldn't spot him. She looked around like a lost puppy and was on the verge of tears. 

"Good morning dollie!" Arjun sat beside her.

"Where were you?" She asked angrily and tera dropped from her eyes.

"Hey, why are you crying? I just went to get you breakfast. See." He showed her a packet of hot samosas.

"I thought someone kidnapped you. Where is your bag?"

"It's there," he pointed to a corner, "and why would I be kidnapped? What have you been reading?" He laughed.

She hugged him, "Next time don't go anywhere without telling me."

"But my lil snow-white was busy sleeping. You don't wake up easy, do you?"

"I'm not snow-white."

"Sorry, Rapunzel. Come on now, eat this before it gets cold."

"I gotta brush first."

"Get going."

Later that day, when Roshni was away for a while.

"Bhaiya, are you going to talk to her about how you feel or just waste your time?"

"What's the hurry?"

"At least ask if she has a boyfriend! Don't wanna crush your crush already!"

"I hardly know her, I can't ask such personal questions. And I don't have a crush on her."

"That's very obvious. Do whatever, I don't care."

"Thanks!"

Rest of the day he avoided any conversation with Roshni and spent all day reading on top berth and occasionally stealing glances while Roshni and Neha chatted about everything under the sky.

She lit a fire, 

but now she's in my every thought

-*-

Hope you liked it!

Drop your precious feedback!β€οΈπŸ’–β€οΈ

Next up: a fancy magical date ;)

Also if anyone knows how to embed image properly, help ya gurl out, I can't do it properly :(

The song is She lit a fire by Lord Huron.

Stay safe and healthy ❣️

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 3 years ago
karuna_kini thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 1

Love love loved the update ❀️❀️❀️

Sameer and Arjun's first meet 😌😌

Sameer was so annoyed by his father's behaviour πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ anyone would be πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thank you for starting this fresh from start 😊😊

Please keep this happy SamJun away from Sikander 😀

karuna_kini thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 2 

Arjun and Neha are such siblings I mean like they annoy each other soo much and love each other too..

Have each other's back at all times 😌😌

I always wanted an elder brother myself.. πŸ₯²πŸ₯²πŸ₯²

Roshni and Arjun met 😍😍😍 ArNi are as always very cute πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

Arjun kab batayega?? πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Please Sameer ko jealous mat Bana dena. SamJun's friendship should be unshakable ✌🏼✌🏼

Do update soon ☺️

Thanks for PMπŸ₯°

ariyabestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Awsome update

Love it..

That's how sam Jun become friends..

Love Arjun n neha's bond..

Arjun toh dekhte hi roshni ko pasand karne laga..

Plz continue soon

Thanks for pm

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Chapter 1

Awesome and beautiful edit part  Neha

The unexpected friendship to a poles apart personalities was really beautiful😍✨❀

I really loved how beautifully they shared their hearts despite of cold start due to Sam's bad mood 😊

It was really nice to see that Sam is getting use to normal life despite of being a royal

Keep writing✍️

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Chapter 2 

Loved the train journey to Kolkata 

So Arjun met Rosh & Neha is as usual too naughty & vocal πŸ™‚ 

I loved how in minutes she mingled with Rosh calling her sunshineβ˜€οΈ

Lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ All indians are my brother & sisters πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ seriously it was good oneπŸ‘

So Rosh is Sam's friend to let's see what all this journey leads too 

Thanks for the PM

Continue soonπŸ™‚

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: karuna_kini

Chapter 1

Love love loved the update ❀️❀️❀️

Sameer and Arjun's first meet 😌😌

Sameer was so annoyed by his father's behaviour πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ anyone would be πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thank you for starting this fresh from start 😊😊

Please keep this happy SamJun away from Sikander 😀

This is a fluff story, won't be having any bad guys here. Also I don't really have bad guys in my stories, I love 'em. 

My Siki darling is a hottie, not here tho, he ain't existing in this story, for now ;)

Stay tuned for more ❀️