Sai's views on her marriage to Virat

Poll Choice
Sai wanted to get married to Virat
Sai did not want to get married to Virat
Login To Vote
Posted: 2 years ago

Hi all,

Did Sai want to get married to Virat?

Please cast your votes for this question.

In addition to this, can I have views on the below please?

Virat said Sai that he wasn't marrying Sai because the villagers was pressurising him. He was marrying her because it was his duty and he wanted to take her responsibility.

Let us assume that the villagers blamed Virat that he did not fulfill the promise he made to Kamal sir after Sai's suicide attempt, but they did not go to his house, the morning he woke up from the dream where he rescued Sai, would Virat have still thought of marrying Sai? 

And if Virat still wanted to marry Sai for her safety and if there was no pressure from villagers, would Sai have accepted to marry Virat? 

Let us say they did pressurise Virat and Sai as in the show, did Sai really mean when she asked Virat to say no to the marriage? 

Was her request to him to backoff from the marriage genuine or not? 

And if it her request was genuine, does it mean that Sai never cared if Virat was or not offering to provide her support? 

Please do drop in your comments. 

Can you please drop in your views. 

Edited by laksh - 2 years ago

Hi all,

Can you please drop in your views? 

Hi,

Can you please drop in your views on this? 

i don’t think both of them were thinking of marriage at that point of time. virat was ready to leave gc when sai refused his help right even when villagers pressurised him to get married to sai.he might have taken care of her  by financing her studies. but sai’s suicide attempt was actually a wake up call to him that sai has no one who could become her strength in her moment of weakness. virat probably wanted to be that strength so that she doesn’t fall into depths of despair again. 

also, i think sai was genuine when she asked him to back off from marriage. because like every girl she also might have had dreams about her marriage , may not br at that age but later. she knew marriage with virat would be nothing like that. she probably would have done some course and started working for her living. but when virat refused to back down , i think she actually saw someone whom her father trusted and she sub-consciously trusted as well who was willing to be her strength till she finds her footing and help her achieve her dreams. she wanted that security and he was also offering her way out of the loveless marriage once he fulfills his responsibilities. both of them took the best route they could in their emotional state at that point of time.

Edited by raji02 - 2 years ago

Originally posted by laksh

Hi all,

Virat said Sai that he wasn't marrying Sai because the villagers was pressurising him. He was marrying her because it was his duty and he wanted to take her responsibility.

Let us assume that the villagers blamed Virat that he did not fulfill the promise he made to Kamal sir after Sai's suicide attempt, but they did not go to his house, the morning he woke up from the dream where he rescued Sai, would Virat have still thought of marrying Sai? 

And if Virat still wanted to marry Sai for her safety and if there was no pressure from villagers, would Sai have accepted to marry Virat? 

Let us say they did pressurise Virat and Sai as in the show, did Sai really mean when she asked Virat to say no to the marriage? 

And if it her request was genuine, does it mean that Sai never cared if Virat was or not offering to provide her support? 

Firstly nice questions!! 

In simple it would be a No.. but it is actually much more complicated than that..

In my opinion the whole thing was rushed in a way because the trauma of losing her father was still extremely fresh in her mind

Virat said Sai that he wasn't marrying Sai because the villagers was pressurising him. He was marrying her because it was his duty and he wanted to take her responsibility. Let us assume that the villagers blamed Virat that he did not fulfill the promise he made to Kamal sir after Sai's suicide attempt, but they did not go to his house, the morning he woke up from the dream where he rescued Sai, would Virat have still thought of marrying Sai? 

In my opinion as it was mentioned in this thread 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/156238789

Somewhere both were attached to each other in not a physical sense but maybe more of an emotional sense.. the factor also being that Sai was his gurus daughter. He was actually extremely proud of her achievements.. 

the dream is analyzed pretty well in this post. Even if the villagers had not visited Virat in the morning he would have still agreed, if you remember he said I have decided, the dream being the motivating factor. The chains were pakhis promise but as ninad had told Virat that the promise made to a dying man and the farz should always take precedence. It is very common for service men to think with their mind rather than heart, at that point looking at Sai’s weak mental state plus the possibility of her life being in danger again he took that step.  

This was a complicated question again because it was heart vs mind. Somewhere Sai also knew that staying with Virat was a way for hun to protect her, to help her fulfill her dreams. But somewhere she knew he loved (questionable) someone else and for her she would have come in between, she did know his love was married but to whom she wasn’t sure. 

I think she was genuine. Again it is debatable but I do feel somewhere she didn’t want to be tied to someone or for someone to take her responsibility, for Sai she has always been independent but in that moment of grief and weakness she took a step which was against her character but it was because she lost her only support in life. Even after all those years of harassment the only reason why she was still living life to the fullest was because of abba. Many harassment victims who don’t receive moral and emotional support actually take drastic steps.

Somewhere she didn’t want the marriage but her subconscious also knew that she needed the support.  

I don’t think so... she was genuine but that didn’t mean she never cared for Virat or his support. See Sai probably didn’t want Virat to be tied down with her, taking someone’s responsibility is a huge thing and Sai knew that. She knew somewhere that the ‘deal’ will be hard to follow.. it would be different if virat lived alone but staying with a family makes a difference there are unsaid expectations from both. 
she probably meant well for him by asking him to back off because she also knew he loved someone else and there was a possibility of him getting his love back. 

I also look at these factors from her state of mind then, I think if I’m not wrong the marriage took place two three days post Abbas death, I’ve been saying this for a long time that Sai has not grieved properly. Her state of mind at that time was so fragile as we saw with the suicide attempt. 
In this state people are usually not able to take rational decisions. Over time she has accepted and is grateful because she knows without virats support her education would not have been completed..

These are just my opinions I’m sure others will have different views and some might have better answers as well! 🤗

Originally posted by raji02

i don’t think both of them were thinking of marriage at that point of time. virat was ready to leave gc when sai refused his help right even when villagers pressurised him to get married to sai.he might have taken care of her  by financing her studies. but sai’s suicide attempt was actually a wake up call to him that sai has no one who could become her strength in her moment of weakness. virat probably wanted to be that strength so that she doesn’t fall into depths of despair again. 

also, i think sai was genuine when she asked him to back off from marriage. because like every girl she also might have had dreams about her marriage , may not br at that age but later. she knew marriage with virat would be nothing like that. she probably would have done some course and started working for her living. but when virat refused to back down , i think she actually saw someone whom her father trusted and she sub-consciously trusted as well who was willing to be her strength till she finds her footing and help her achieve her dreams. she wanted that security and he was also offering her way out of the loveless marriage once he fulfills his responsibilities. both of them took the best route they could in their emotional state at that point of time.

Exactly my thoughts. She trusted her fathers choice! And went ahead. If not for the commitment that virat made it would have been a regular arranged marriage where they would find love eventually :) 

Hi all,

she did not want to get married that I feel for sure. I think she was not in the frame of mind . She was not thinking far into the future. At the point she didn’t want to be dependent or a bhoj on anyone. But seeing that people she considered family did not volunteer to take care of her, she has to let go of her pride and self respect and chose Virat. Another reason being her father trusted him with the responsibility while he could have easily given the responsibility to anyone else/ 

she basically didn’t want to be dependent or a bhoj on anyone. She considered herself independent that now that her world shifted , she couldn’t think straight.

she was not being calculative or anything.

And she did try to dissuade Virat honestly because she could sense that there was someone in Virat’s life and also he was basically a stranger . She didn’t want to be a burden  being passed on to an unwilling recipient. Her asking him to back out was like testing waters and giving an opportunity for Virat to back out and also see if he was really okay with the decision

Edited by notaquitter - 2 years ago

The reason why she asked him to say No or backorder was because she didn't understand why he wanted to marry her and take her responsibility.  The villagers who knew her since she was a kid didn't want to take her responsibility,  maybe due to her nature or worry about her safety or money or  because they don't want to. 

So she is not clear on why a new person,  who is literally almost stranger in her life wants to help her, that too by marrying her.

Also she also thought he probably had a gf, so she wanted to make sure he is not being forced into all this by villagers without knowing all this.  She also might have thought that he is binding himself to the promise to her father when her father probably didn't know about his past/ gf.

She ofc understands concept of arranged marriage. She liked him and started respecting him as a person.

Sai knew that villagers intend to marry her off, if not Virat today, it will be someone else tomorrow, so why not Virat, whom she knows about already. Her father would have said great things about him and she also has seen his care and protection towards her. 

From her side, even if marriage was last thing on her mind, if push comes to shove, she was okay to marry Virat, but she wanted to know what's on his mind.

In the end, with overclarification of their stands, both of them created an unnecessary deal and mess.

Can you please drop in your views. 

I literally don't have idea what made Virat ya Sai to say yes to the marriage as myself haven't watched the initial episodes before their marriage in Ghkkpm. 

But yes. I'll try to answer.

I may be in the minority to think that Sai wanted to get married to Virat because she didn't try hard to say no to the marriage where she could. I guess even Virat asked her the same, if you could do so much for me to escape the situation, then why didn't you use for herself? Obviously a 18 year girl won't think about her marriage when she had to make a career ahead, but she realised that she needed someone who would support her and be guardian to her. The decision of the villagers and by Usha Maushi to marry her off to Virat, was a kind of eye opener to her that she couldn't expect that type of security from them, if not Virat they'll marry her of to a different person because none wanted to take panga from Vitthal Mane. Even you can see in marriage, they were hesitant to arrest Mane. 

So Sai might have been found that guardian and security in Virat (she didn't know toxicity of his family till then) because he was her father's favourite student and Aaba knew him nicely, so it was better to marry a person whom she atleast knew how is, rather than a complete stranger. 

Financially may be not, because Kamal Joshi for sure had saved enough for medical course or she can get a student loan easily but she needed a security emotionally, which she sensed she could get from Virat. Still she hoped in any way, if Virat say no, because who wants to get married at a small age.

If we consider her monologue to Aaba, it could be felt that she would have lived a simple life in GC, but that wasn't safe and easy back then. Vitthal Mane was outside and he could easily chase another goon, may be not Jagtap for the revenge. So it was a conscious decision taken by them back then.

Edited by Andy3456 - 2 years ago