ShaKhi OS - BitterSweet Realisations

MystifiedBean thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

NOTE : Firstly I want to say A Big ThankYou to each and everyone who read the 3 OS I have written on ShaKhi.It means a lot to me.

This One Shot is born out of the realisation I want Anokhi to have onscreen and the start of her understanding Shaurya.

Because there is no monologue of hers in the show,this is the result.Took some creative liberty here.

DEDICATED TO MY MAD GIRLS ON TWITTER

ShaKhi OS - BITTERSWEET REALISATIONS

Anokhi considered herself a level headed mature girl but given the revelations she has come to in last two days,she wasn't obtuse to admit that past few days her maturity has gone for a toss.

The very advice she  was narrating to Shaurya Sir,she had failed to practise it herself.

How else she could have been so ignorant of things.She had listened but not understood.

It's been 2 days since Shaurya Sir has left for Patiala.

2 days since he announced that a substitute professor will be taking their economic lectures  and he was going to be away for few days.

The girl in her has been conflicted and the student in her disappointed because her personal view about him aside,Shaurya Sabherwal was an excellent professor.

His way of explaining things,his personalised notes and method of teaching gave her the push to work harder than before.

All the students were upset that Shaurya Sir had left.

And then was the bomb of information she has received today  that has messed with her senses.

Before going to college she had gone to the hospital and there the same nurse has asked her about the health of the man who has rescued her from the riots.

She has smilingly said that ACP Ahir was fine but the next bolt of information had thrown her off kilter.

"No Mam.It was another man who had come carrying you in his arms.He had been so worried about you,requesting the doctor to examine you properly and repeatedly saying nothing should happen to you".

The nurse voice held a lot of admiration of that person as she continued 

"He was hurt too but refused to be taken a look at.He stood outside the whole time.

Smoke had entered his lungs and he fainted out of stress.Even then when he became conscious his first thought was to ask about you and inspite of doctor's warning, he was waiting here the whole time ignoring his own injuries".

The nurse smiled telling her appreciatively 

"It was a good gesture you did to thank him that day" .

Shocked would be an understatement to explain her stance since then.

The nurse had gone ahead to share how she has given that rose to Shaurya Sir.

But Anokhi was aware he knew she thought it was ACP as she had mentioned it in the letter.

The next thing she knew she had called ACP Ahir and asked him straightaway 

"ACP Ahir howcome you  never mentioned that it was Shaurya Sir who had saved me that day?".

"Anokhi ji I didn't think that matter needed any clarification".

"Will you tell me what had exactly happened that day?".Her tone not leaving any room for any excuse.

She tapped her foot restlessly as she waited for him to start speaking.

He took his own sweet time before sharing reluctantly.

"Well when I had reached the location,I found Shaurya Sabherwal shouting for help there as you weren't opening your eyes.

"There were chaos all around.

I told him to let you go as he couldn't take you to the hospital in his car due to the situation but he refused to let go off you and I am not clear but he murmured something like 

"Ab main isse kabhi akela nahi chodunga".

"The whole way he kept trying to keep you awake and was on his toes the whole time".

"And yes when he knew you were out of danger,he reprimanded me by because I sent you to that location without knowing the danger I was putting you in".

He continued in jest 

" To be honest Anokhiji I was  taken aback by the concern and worry he exhibted for you.

I had only seen you both at loggerheads and Shaurya Sabherwal sure had a superiority complex no".

"ENOUGH ACP AHIR".Anokhi exclaimed loudly 

"First you should have cleared my misunderstanding that it was Shaurya Sir who saved me and not you".

"But Anokhiji,It was me who got you to hospital,Shaurya Sabherwal was just standing there shouting for help".

"You just gave us a lift ACP Ahir and Shaurya Sir would have made sure anyhow we reached the hospital and I was safe".

Her voice held anger and clear warning as she continued

"You don't have the right to judge people.Shaurya Sir doesn't need character certificate from you..What do you know about Shaurya Sir anyway?".

"You are just an cop so it shouldn't matter to you if me and Shaurya Sir are at loggerheads or not.

Goodbye and don't bother about Babli Di's case anymore either.Chandigarh mein police officers ki kami nahi hai.Ill see to my sister's safety myself".Anokhi finished wanting to forget this whole episode with ACP Ahir.

The bolt of guilt  hadn't let her stay calm and it was in a trance that she had completed her lectures and job.

And if it wasn't enough she had overheard Aastha Mam's conversation with Shaan Sir about Shaurya Sir resigning from SIAC as a Professor and shifting to  the Patiala Branch.

She couldn't ignore the voices jumbling in her heart and mind anymore.Making an excuse she has rushed to her room before all the cluster of events started replaying in front of her.

Shaurya Sabherwal was an enigma,someone she  thought she had understood a little but she was wrong.

Ever since she had gotten to know he was her Aastha Mam's son she realised today,it was like she had put on blinders and all she could see was the man who had spoken rudely with his own mother and refused to pay heed to her pain.

Her actions to lessen the differences between the mother and son had resulted in them having heated arguments where she had only seen a mother craving for her son.

"But what about him Nikki?.Doesn't he deserve to have his side of story spoken too?".

"You just took whatever Aastha Mam told you as gospel truth and forgot everything else you had seen of Shaurya Sir ever since you came to SIAC".

Her alter ego rebuked her and Anokhi was left with the realisation of of her blatant ignorance towards his circumstances.

They had engaged in a war of words when she had seen him speaking to her Aastha Mam rudely but back then he was a stranger.

Strangers they were but he had tried to stopping you when he thought she was harming herself by jumping out of train.

His actions and words during the process of her admission to SIAC were prejudiced but now she did understand it was because she was Aastha Sabherwal's student.

"Usse problem tumhari Aastha Mam se nahi hai,par apni Maa se hai".

The words explained to her today the reason of his actions back then.

And yet he had not only rescued her but had been the shoulder she leaned on the night she was ragged.

The eminent feeling of being safe still surrounded her as she thought of that night.

After his initial doubt he had  helped her in proving those students guilty.

He had saved her from getting embrassed  in front of people when they were forced to dance.

He had saved Babli Di not knowing her and had taken to drop them home safely.

There was an innate goodness that he couldn't hide for it all poured out when someone was in need or help.

She had seen anger in his eyes but has been able to recognise the hidden pain as well.She knew she had.

Then why did he said that I don't know him.

"Tumhe Lagta Hai Tum Sab Jaanti Ho Anokhi

Lekin Yeh Tumhaari Galat Fehmi hai

Sirf Upar Upar Se Anokhi

Jitna Time Humne Spent Kia Haina Humari Majboorion Ki Waja se. Sirf Utna Hi Janti Ho Tum".

"What wrong did he say Nikki?.If you really understood him then you would have taken a moment to really listen to him as well".

Remember when he came to apologise to you when he hurt you and you know it was unintentional.

He was calling a truce,had accepted he was wrong to not let you attend his class and had even shared some bits of his past but you were so stuck on that point,you didn't listen.

"Why were you so angry and upset with him when you believed he had left you alone in riots?."

He wasn't wrong when he said there is a difference between being brave and being stupid.

"Admit it you were disappointed.You believed he will be by your side and when you learnt the opposite you acted rashly.

Admit it Nikki,you told him off so many times,straight away accusing him of leaving you alone.Why?".

Ever since she came to SIAC,Shaurya Sabherwal had been helping,supporting or rescuing her in one way or the other.

The fact that someone else may take his position and she won't see Shaurya Sir anymore in SIAC had shaken her up badly she had wanted to call and demand to know how could he just  leave?.

Her fingers had stopped in the nick of time.What right did she had to ask him such questions?

She didn't had right before as well but the lines of student and professor had blurred because she has never been afraid or hesitant to speak her mind in front of Shaurya Sir.

She knew that nomatter what,she was safe in his presence.

But now there was a bitterness between them that wasn't there before.Her own actions had resulted in it.

She has shunned away his concern repeatedly and try as she might she couldn't forget those words that conveyed the plethora of pain.

"Meri Kabhi Kisi Parwah Nahi Ki,

Thik Hai Zaroorat Bhi Nahi Hai"

One she had identified rightly but in her recklessness forgotten for a while.

She has learnt that the overly sweet goodness isn't always true with her experience with ACP.

She accepted that in her loyalty towards Aastha Mam,she has been unfair to Shaurya Sir.

The concern for his wellbeing had surmounted by how much he keeps bottled up inside.

She had done it now and the truth was no-one  around him has really tried to understand the Real Shaurya Sabherwal.

She wanted to apologise,make amends and eventhough she didn't have the answer to how and why,she wanted to be that person he could share it all with,given him and destiny gives her a chance to.

And with these thoughts Anokhi welcomed another night of restless sleep hoping for a miracle to see her Shaurya Sir as she goes to SIAC tomorrow.

PS - Let Me Know What You Think ✨✨

Edited by MystifiedBean - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashsamik thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

πŸ‘πŸ‘....it was nice...πŸ‘πŸΌ

RainOfDew thumbnail

Nice..loved it❀️

Hooe she realise in show too

MystifiedBean thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashsamik

πŸ‘πŸ‘....it was nice...πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thankyou so much.

MystifiedBean thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ariyatogether

Nice..loved it❀️

Hooe she realise in show too

Thankyou so much.I am hoping and waiting for the same.

Nomadic_Vibe thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

We all want a jealous Shaurya but u really want a guilty angst Anokhi reflecting on her behavior...I am so glad she did that here. Thand pe gai kaleje ko....Good Job Ankita 😊 Do write more

Sugarcanes_AC thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
superb 😍😍 amazing...this is one of the best os 😍😍❣️
MystifiedBean thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nomadic_Vibe

We all want a jealous Shaurya but u really want a guilty angst Anokhi reflecting on her behavior...I am so glad she did that here. Thand pe gai kaleje ko....Good Job Ankita 😊 Do write more

Indeed we all want a jealous Shaurya but I think that will be more enjoyable to see once he is in love,right now I think he is just annoyed with how that acp is🀧.

And yes this is one reflection I really want to see on show.Dont know we will get it not.

But Thankyou so much for liking this one.Means a lot.

MystifiedBean thumbnail

Originally posted by: AvneilShakhi

superb 😍😍 amazing...this is one of the best os 😍😍❣️

Thankyou so much.So glad you liked this one.

Akanksha29100 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

If only this would happen in the show !! Hah!!

Anyways, Brilliant piece of work. Keep writing πŸ€—