Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justice4Samosa thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Not bad given Mumbai, one of the main centres apart from Delhi is still running at 50% occupancy only. Probably would've been more if Mumbai ran on 100% occupancy too like other cities.

Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Btw didn’t Chappak open higher and Tanaji even better?

Do they mean post March releases only? Since there have been just a few

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

Originally posted by: riiddzzyy

The tweet says last best cuz Angrezi Medium was the last film in theatres before corona.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: riiddzzyy

I think covid has reset everything. Those huge figures won’t be back for a long long time. I think even a Salman movie will open to 5-7 cr now, max 10. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I think covid has reset everything. Those huge figures won’t be back for a long long time. I think even a Salman movie will open to 5-7 cr now, max 10. 

I dont know about that. Sooryavanshi will tell us better. Also, 83 and Gangubai.

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Nov 29, 2020 there was an article that 1,500 to 2,000 screen could permanently shut down in the next couple of weeks

According to the Ficci-EY media and entertainment industry report 2020, India has a total of 9,527 movie screens, as of 2019, comprising 6,327 single screens and 3,200 multiplexes.

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/corporate/coronavirus-fallout-1500-2000-movie-screens-may-shut-shop-in-india-as-content-lines-go-dry/story/423329.html

So in addition to COVID concerns and reduced occupancy that's potentially 15-20% of screens gone. There's already a screen shortage in India relative to population which is why clashes have such a significant impact on overall B.O.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

She's not there yet. This was pandemic fatigue + memory of Stree being such a fun film + (in small part) expectation from cast.

I'm glad for 2 reasons. 1) Meryl Streep needs some competition 2) rest of Bollywood will now dare release their movies this year.

jhanvi actually has to act to give competition to the so called meryl streep of bollywood alia bhatt 

we can hate her or love her but cant deny that the girl can act certainly  not be the greaters artist of all time but she is decent to good 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

jhanvi actually has to act to give competition to the so called meryl streep of bollywood alia bhatt 

we can hate her or love her but cant deny that the girl can act certainly  not be the greaters artist of all time but she is decent to good 

There is no question Alia is a good actor. I neither love her nor hate her. I like her performances. Jahnavi hasn't acted well thus far.

However...

1. Alia doesn’t have the sensuousness usually seen in a Bollywood #1. I'm not saying that as a negative, just stating it as what I see. And I think most people would agree with that. I hope she stays around for many, many years as an actor, but as long as there is a competitor with sex appeal, she won't be the top dog. That's been the truth of Bollywood, and I'm not expecting it to change.

2. Alia also comes across as whiny, entitled, and arrogant. Jahnavi may or may not be putting on an act, but at least she respects the audience enough to do it. Which, for me, makes her imminently root-worthy as a person. 

Edited to add... also, I usually have an instinctive negative reaction toward pile-ons 😆. So I was rooting for Jahnavi to prove everyone wrong.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wow that is surprising 😳

Somehow I feel it will drop through the week though lol

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Jhanvis lips can do it all ❤️