Divyanka Tripathi won't host Crime Patrol beyond this month

Manan_Pani_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Exclusive - Divyanka Tripathi won't host Crime Patrol beyond this month; confirms saying 'It was supposed to be a short stint'

Divyanka Tripathi, who is currently hosting 'Crime Patrol', has received quite a bit of praise for some of the pictures that she has put out on her social media account in the recent past, especially the one in a yellow outfit. ETimes TV spoke to her about this look and even the others- and stumbled upon the news that the 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' star won't be seen hosting the crime-based show beyond this month.

That's from 'Crime Patrol'. It was a one-time look. Yes, it was received well. The director Ira Doshi was co-ordinating it online and she was very clear that she wants me to be in smoky eyes. So she played a big role in the fashion aspect of it.

So most of the recent pictures that I have been putting out on social media are from 'Crime Patrol' and I am glad that I am getting praised.

In fact, I was initially told that since it's a crime-based show, the clothes are not going to be amazing and exciting but monotonous and mundane which are supposed to be repeated ample number of times. But I wanted to play with my look. I felt even if the topic is about crime and criminals, it's Divyanka who's narrating it. And when it is me who is narrating it, I don't have to necessarily get into the reporter kind of look. I can be myself. And that's what I did. I had my stylists on board- Victor Robinson and Sohail Mughal. Dresses were from all over India. My usual makeup artist was constantly present with me. Thus, I formed support to help me with my vision. We got some lovely suits- not too loud but yet making a statement. Let's put it this way: I wanted to give my look in 'Crime Patrol' a whiff of fresh air so that men and women relate to the real me when they see it.

What was Vivek's (husband) take on this?

He found me hot when he saw my promo for the first time. He loved the look. We don't discuss my dresses on a regular basis, though.

How long does this look remain?

It won't be too long. In fact, my series with 'Crime Patrol' may end by the end of this month. It was supposed to be for only some time (she was on air from the third week of December 2020). It was always going to be a short stint. I did it for a change. I was thrilled that I was getting a chance to talk about women empowerment. There have even been certain episodes where I have been moved a lot and given my inputs regarding the content, including some end links and solutions.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JaaneBhiDoYaaro thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

when one talks about one's look nd the spouse's reaction to it instead of the content of the show, it's obvious the show won't last long