Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: pyaar2012

You are absolutely correct. Infact what u said is the most rational thing. I love him as a villain. But sometimes i become a biased  selfish fan devoted to Riansh. My golgappa and Rasmalai. But if u ask me about story 's perspective i agree with ur each point and What u have written the first sentence. A story can never grow without a conflict. Its the villain who creates the hurdle and help the leads to evolve.

Your last sentence is a testament to everything that's wrong with this show. They have successfully managed to complete only the first half of the sentence, not the second. Every single antagonist has created plenty of hurdles for Riansh. But Riansh have failed to learn from their mistakes, become more alert to their surroundings and evolve not just as a couple, but as individuals as well. There's no point in rooting for them when they can't seem to understand the simplest of things.

Riansh aren't well written as individuals or as a couple. They're extremely hollow, and one-dimensional. After all this time, there has been no growth to them whatsoever.

pyaar2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I cannot b too picky and angry. Riddhima in Ptsd and Parent track did learn certain things Especially the way she have started trusted Vansh is a good sign. Mamta invested her caliber in selecting an excellent  cast but i still wonder how did she fall back in writing. The first 100 episodes and Vihan track is my favorite. They showed some good plots and for Vansh too have bestowed his trust and conviction Riddhima  since parent track have started . Itv rarely shows such growth bcoz most of the content are driven by Mu. Riansh was not exceptional  but  They are better than the others. Swasan was probably  the only couple who never have trust issues n Correct me if i am wrong! 

Writers fail to execute that growth. Trust issues are traits of itv couple. We root for Romamce and that Riansh has given/ Can u mention any itv couple who have evolved and grew by clearing the mist of trust issues. Even Manan and Arshi was not free from it.

Edited by pyaar2012 - 3 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: pyaar2012

I cannot b too picky and angry. Riddhima in Ptsd and Parent track did learn certain things Especially the way she have started trusted Vansh is a good sign. Mamta invested her caliber in selecting an excellent  cast but i still wonder how did she fall back in writing. The first 100 episodes and Vihan track is my favorite. They showed some good plots and for Vansh too have bestowed his trust and conviction Riddhima  since parent track have started . Itv rarely shows such growth bcoz most of the content are driven by Mu. Riansh was not exceptional  but  They are better than the others. Swasan was probably  the only couple who never have trust issues n Correct me if i am wrong! 

Writers fail to execute that growth. Trust issues are traits of itv couple. We root for Romamce and that Riansh has given/ Can u mention any itv couple who have evolved and grew by clearing the mist of trust issues. Even Manan and Arshi was not free from it.

I disagree.

If Vansh truly trusted Riddhima, then he would have come clean about her parents' truth regardless of how bitter or brutal it may be. As for Riddhima's trust in Vansh, it rings hollow to me considering she forgave him so easily after all that shit he did to her.

Trust issues are common in ITV, but unlike IMMJ2, other shows depict their protagonists working through their issues. Misunderstandings are cleared, and bonds are made deeper. Most importantly, mistakes are acknowledged, and apologies are delivered. They don't gloss over horrific acts like they never occurred, and they sure as hell don't turn a blind eye to whatever atrocities are happening in real time.

I can mention two ITV jodis who showed immense growth right off the top of my head: Sid & Anushka from Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai and Swadheenta & Adarsh from Dahleez. The progression their individual characters had and the way their relationships evolved over the course of the show was impeccable. Riansh don't even come close to it. The romance that they show comes as being superficial considering so much of their underlying issues are never addressed. Not to mention the kind of 'romance' they depict is incredibly toxic.

Besides, I don't want romance if the story has to be sacrificed. For me, it will always be story over everything.

pyaar2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

I disagree.

If Vansh truly trusted Riddhima, then he would have come clean about her parents' truth regardless of how bitter or brutal it may be. As for Riddhima's trust in Vansh, it rings hollow to me considering she forgave him so easily after all that shit he did to her.

Trust issues are common in ITV, but unlike IMMJ2, other shows depict their protagonists working through their issues. Misunderstandings are cleared, and bonds are made deeper. Most importantly, mistakes are acknowledged, and apologies are delivered. They don't gloss over horrific acts like they never occurred, and they sure as hell don't turn a blind eye to whatever atrocities are happening in real time.

I can mention two ITV jodis who showed immense growth right off the top of my head: Sid & Anushka from Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai and Swadheenta & Adarsh from Dahleez. The progression their individual characters had and the way their relationships evolved over the course of the show was impeccable. Riansh don't even come close to it. The romance that they show comes as being superficial considering so much of their underlying issues are never addressed. Not to mention the kind of 'romance' they depict is incredibly toxic.

Besides, I don't want romance if the story has to be sacrificed. For me, it will always be story over everything.

THE Romance was indeed toxic. If i keep my teenage heart aside. I will agree that Story should superceeds everything. I never watch those two aforementioned shows. Will.surely give a try.

Drna7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

The problem is Mamta mam failed in balancing between all three leads.

She butchered other's characters just to glorify one.

Edited by Drna - 3 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Drna

The problem is Mamta mam failed in balancing between all three leads.

She butchered other's characters just to glorify one.

This isn't a new matter. The imbalance has existed since the beginning of the show. Initially, it was Kabir who came off weak compared to Vansh's strong persona. Now, it's Vansh who has gone for the toss while Kabir is on top of everything. In all of this, Riddhima has been the one who showed a modicum of growth by prioritizing her child's life over her relationship with Vansh. But tbh, if the child wasn't in the picture, then she would still be an emotional fool. In some ways, she still is since any other self-respecting woman would have left that damned place at the first sign of danger to her and her child's life.

veil_of_roses thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Loll, pulling Helly's leg is their favorite hobby, especially Rrahul's. Ab toh Helly ki taang keeche bina uska toh khaana hazam nahi hota hoga. 😆

They mostly made VV talk which was nice considering we barely got interviews / BTS material from him.

Agree letting VV talk is good as he barely gave any IV after 100th episode IVs.. but truly they didnt let Helly utter anything.. I feel Helly knows them enough & she doesn’t have stary attitude.. any other actress of ger seniority would have made issue..