"She is my ex" Shaurya Anokhi OS

Posted: 3 years ago

"She is my ex" Shaurya Anokhi OS

Anokhi knocked on Shaurya's cabin door which was closed, which seemed odd as his door was always opened. She knocked again as no one opened it second time around. She was getting restless so she didn't wait and barged into his cabin to see a lady stroking Shaurya's arm while she couldn't see his expression. They were looking deep into a conversation and their body language in an intimate pose. She felt a punch in the gut on seeing them this close while Anokhi gave a devastated expression of betrayal and Shaurya a cool calculated controlled one. Shaun stood up in an awkward manner sensing a tense atmosphere and to break the awkward silence and tension building up she asked out of curiosity, "And may I know who is this girl who makes an appearance uninvited? Introduce us Shaurya."

Shaurya stood up in at a lazy manner unfazed as if he didn't care and replied, "This is Ms. Anokhi Bhalla. She is our Third Year BA student. Our star student who excels at academics and extra ciricular activities. And this is Ms. Shagun Luthra. Ex Professor at SIAC in History Department and now a PHD holder in Midevial Indic Civilization History from Cambridge. Shagun will be rejoining SIAC." "Hello Mam" politely greeted Anokhi with pain in her eyes while Shagun gave her a sympathetic look and replied, "Hello Ms. Bhalla. It was nice meeting you. Shaurya I must leave now. Thank you for calling with both the proposition. I'll let you know about the second one. Bye."

Anokhi looked at Shaurya with angry, hurt gaze while Shaurya got on reading a budget report not glancing at her once. He said, "Did you want to say something Ms. Bhalla? You have come here uninvited and unannounced. I was busy. You should have waited outside if it was something urgent. Now if you don't mind I have a lecture to get to." "No Sir. I don't have anything at all to say" said Anokhi with unshed tear in her eyes. She wanted to scream, throw things and even confront him on his behavior but decided to control her emotions and compromising her dignity. 

She forced herself to walk out gracefully holding her head high instead of running away giving him satisfaction of seeing her broken spirit. Shaurya looked at her walk out and felt remorse at hurting her. He didn't know any other way to let her down easy so he had to be cruel to be kind and make her realize the miles of distance between them. For her sake he had to endure this pain of hurting her. What was he supposed to do? Accept the feelings he reciprocated? What would that achieve? Humiliation for both of them, accusations and judgments. Knowing fully well they both wanted different things in life was he just supposed to act selfishly and let it get to the stage where heart break was inevitable. He nipped it in the bud before it got out of hand. He had already stepped over his boundaries by Kissing her. He couldn't do that to himself again in the position of temptation and guilt. It was wrong. He wasn't supposed to feel like this. He had brought back Shagun for this purpose.  To keep Anokhi away knowing she'll hate him and back off. He felt guilty for using Shagun as a shield which she in no certain terms denied being and refused to participate in this subterfuge, repraminding him for being a coward to use such tactics instead of honestly owning up for his feelings. He took her promise to not deny anything if not actively play act as his fiancΓ©. She had agreed and he felt relieved. There was also one other reason he brought her back was that he felt guilty about putting that choice in front of her. She said she was grateful and happy that he did or they both would have ended miserable together and he conceded. 

Anokhi went to the Canteen where Bebo and Kitty were sitting with their gang. Bebo announced, "Everyone the pasteries are on us today. We are very happy. Shaurya Bhaiya's ex fiance is back and they are getting back together. She is re joining SIAC as our History Professor too. We all are very excited. So please help yourself. " Anokhi gave her a death stare and stormed off in anger towards the parking lot where Anmol caught up with her running behind her. He put a hand on her shoulder in comfort and said, "Anokhi are you okay? I mean we heard about Shaurya Sir's new and I just wanted to make sure you are okay." Anokhi finally broke down in tears on his shoulder and asked mid hiccups, "How did you know? About my fe....about me?" Anmol smiled and said, "Being in love myself I can guess when someone is in love. Also when Reema and I reached the hotel room you were sleeping peacefully mumbling in your sleep about how Shaurya Sir should kiss you. We decided to let you sleep peacefully and went to my room. You probably would have guessed about Reema and I. Look you'll get over it soon. It's probably a crush." 

She hugged him tightly as his comforting words made her feel better. She felt a stare on the back of her head. He looked up and saw Shaurya Sir staring at her hugging Anmol. She awkwardly at first shoved him away making Anmol give her a confused look. She gave him a silent pleading and decided to play with fire and hugged him the second time tighter. She felt some childish satisfaction when she saw Shaurya move away from the window drawing his curtain.  She decided to focus on her education and her third year final exam and forget about Shaurya Sir and his existence. They both avoided each other as much as possible and whenever they met they tried to talk minimum point to point in professional capacity. 

Anokhi went towards Shagun's cabin as she had called her regarding her graded test. She took deep breaths and entered her cabin upon being asked to enter after knocking. Shagun showed Anokhi her graded test and showed her how she can improve her scoring, which points to highlight if the paper was lengthy. She actually felt grateful for the guidance. She mistakenly knocked down the photo frame on her desk and she apologized to her profusely for being clumsy. She was shocked to her with another Man in the picture kissing on the cheek in a cosy couple pose. Anokhi schooled herself to remain unfazed and Shagun noticed her unease and said, "My boyfriend. We met at Cambridge. He is moving to India soon to be with me. He is a Scottish National who also specializes in English Literature. He will be applying for DU vacancy.  Don't look so shocked. I know there are many rumors flying around but I never felt the need to address them as it's none of my business. But I felt I needed to clear up something."

Anokhi gave her a surprised look and said, "Why Mam? Why me?" to which Shagun replied crypticaly "I was glad my prediction for Shaurya came true".  Anokhi was not convinced of her explanation but she didn't press on her to elaborate and left her cabin thanking her and thinking, "She is so sweet and helpful and kind. I wonder what happened between them that they had to break up." She was walking in her trance and bumped into a hard chest and was about to get knocked down when a hand steadied her snapping, "Where are you lost Ms. Bhalla? Always walking about like you are in a world of your own nowadays. " Anokhi gave him a snarky look and replied, "I am finding my feet which I seemed to have lost. And it seems to me you pay too close of attention to how I move these days. Your window must be busy." Shaurya looked away guilitily and snapped back, "But it seems you have already found a new pair of arms to lend you support." Anokhi gave a sarcastic smile and said, "The last one was a mirage. So I have learned not to lean on any shoulder. Now if you'll excuse me Sir." 

Anokhi was about to leave when a hand held her arm making her look in surprise at him. This was the first time he was voluntarily touching her without any situation requiring to do so. "Please. Wait. I am sorry for holding your arm. I am letting it go now but can you please at least talk to me Anokhi." Anokhi nodded and said, "Only if you answer one question. Why did you break up with Shagun Mam?" Shaurya gave her a surprised look and said, "I don't think it's any of your business. " Anokhi shrugged making Shaurya snap and say, "She is my ex fiance. I loved her. May be not as much as I should have and as much as she deserved but I did. We had everything going for us. We were compatible and had planned our entire life after 3 years of dating and 1 year of engagement. Just before we were about to make it official she got her PHD proposal acceptance from Cambridge. I wanted different things in life and she realized she wanted different things. I wanted a full time home maker with no career and I asked her to choose between our relationship and her career. She made her choice and I respected that choice. Our love didn't stand the test of tough choices and I guess that's okay. It hurt a bit but I am used to that."

Anokhi was flabbergasted hearing that story not believing his words contemplating what he had said. "Do you still feel the same?" asked Anokhi to which Shaurya hesitated and replied, "What difference does that make Ms. Bhalla?" "So we are back to Ms. Bhalla from Anokhi, aren't we? I just wanted to thank you for making me realize my blindness and what a fool I have been. I am sorry I put you in such an awkward spot. As it is we both won't have to bear this further. Two more weeks and then I am graduating. You wanted to talk to me about something? What was it?" Shaurya paused for few moments not realizing what he wanted to do or say. At this moment he just wanted to collect her in his arm and kiss her senseless like he wanted to ever since he first tasted her lips. I am at it again. Control Shaurya. Let her walk away. "Nothing of importance, Ms. Bhalla. Best of luck for your final exams. "

---xxxx-----xxxx-----xxxx------xxxx----xxxx------xxxx---

The End.

A/N Hope you all read this one although I am not sure why I wrote it. It's not that great or special. For those who are reading it and not getting the context it is kind of intertwined with my previous OS: Guilt and Temptation.  So do check it out.https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5211681

Edited by Nomadic_Vibe - 3 years ago

The write up is beautiful, please write more parts. 

Beautifully writtenπŸ‘n good work❀️

I loved this fiesty Anokhi. She did give Shaurya de ghumake for all his remarks. 😝 Ge that Shagun is nt a vamp here. 😁 Do keep writing. πŸ˜ƒ

Yes youuu 😍😍😍😍 abhi tak to padhi bhi na story...bas tumne post kiya dekh kar hi dil jinga lala kardiya. 😍😍😍😍😍

Shaurya beta to the author be like :- mujhei kyu hamesha dukhti boat mein adhure feelings ki saatb chor deti hein aap! πŸ™ƒπŸ™‚

Phirse bechara apni feelings ka kuch na khulke keh paya 😭🌚 aur anokhi pura chandigar ka size ka suna ke chali gayi. 

Yaar please don't do this to my por heart 😭😭😭 shaurya ki dukh ka boat aab kinare par la do please 😭😭😭 continue this 😭😭😭 this is so beautifully written but sad khatam ho gaya itnr jaldi 😭😭😭😭

Awesome os

Shaurya took Shagun's help to keep Anokhi away

Both parted their waysπŸ˜’

This is my petition for you to convert this into a TS please!!πŸ™ˆ

I really loved how Anokhi's character has come out in this OS!❀❀

Originally posted by mahiii12

This is my petition for you to convert this into a TS please!!πŸ™ˆ

I really loved how Anokhi's character has come out in this OS!❀❀

Yes please bechare shaurya ko insaaf do (pyaar do) warna main aur mahi utar jayenge road par jhanda leke protest karne 😭😭😭😭 ro ro kar protest hogi 😭😭😭

Please continue this πŸ™πŸ˜£πŸ’—

It's evil of you to leave us readers with such a cliffhanger (tho. I have to admit, for writers, cliffhangers ka apna hi ek maza hain)

I love this Anokhi who always has an answer to Shaurya's taunts😳

And I feel sad for Shaurya - the inability to reciprocate when you know the one in front of you would be very much willing, uggghh its tough! More so, when you have to pretend that you are moving on with your ex and you see her pretending to be close to another. It spells angst.πŸ’”

Would love to read more of your works😳