Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

If he really did say such a thing then that is really nasty...

We as a community  really need to stop using dark skin as a synonym for bad looks and vice versa...

But the textbook definition of racism is targeting someone for their race, and Akshay is the same race as her (Indian)...

What that was was colourism... it has it's roots in colonisation and racism but one Indian person saying something negative about another Indian's skin colour can't be referred to as racism... that is no more racist than  a white person mocking another white person for being ginger or something πŸ˜†

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I have no love for Akshay Kumar - in fact I have a vague dislike for him. But listening to people respond to him saying his costars knees looked bruised a decade ago coupled with the recent responses to a member of the UK royal family allegedly wondering what Harry and Meghan’s kids skin might look like if they married really makes me wonder if my family is terrible and I need to run away. If I β€œcancelled” every member of my own family that had ever commented on anyone’s skin tone in anyway, I’d practically be a divorced orphan. 

She should now make fun ofbAkshay for drinking cow pee

Edited by jeetuji - 3 years ago
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

πŸ˜‚ ok, but she looks really ugly for an actress. Did she get in on the quota system for ugly ducklings? Reverse discrimination? πŸ˜‚

by the way, its so heart-warming to see people speaking up for dark-skins in virtual forums. Wonder why we dont see  people in real-life marrying the nice black african types next door. Haathi ke daant khane ke aur, dikhane ke aur?  πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

πŸ˜‚ ok, but she looks really ugly for an actress. Did she get in on the quota system for ugly ducklings? Reverse discrimination? πŸ˜‚

by the way, its so heart-warming to see people speaking up for dark-skins in virtual forums. Wonder why we dont see  people in real-life marrying the nice black african types next door. Haathi ke daant khane ke aur, dikhane ke aur?  πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

What is your issue here, Mr. Birdie?

Do you find the politically correct atmosphere stifling? Or are you denying that people can actually be soo good and neutral at heart? Most of the people are good at heart, you know ... you shouldn't be so pessimistic. πŸ˜†

And if there was such a thing called reverse discrimination in bollywood, I can think of bigger beneficiaries than her.πŸ˜†