Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why is Preity Zinta not considered "iconic" actress

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

She gave so many great films right from her early phase. Kya Kehna, Soldier, Koi Mil Gaya, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Veer Zaara.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cassiefinora thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She is the quintessential bubbly actress of late 90's to early 2000's.She is the Anushka Sharma of that era or rather Anushka is the Preity Zinta of late 2000's.Both play cute bubbly loud characters effortlessly.But nothing extraordinary to put under iconic category.

Taify thumbnail

Very short shelf life.... and fizzled all of a sudden... literally before the social media boon. 

Hasn't been able to make a successful comeback unlike Rani or Kajol.

juba thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

yaar everyone has their time. not all survive that long. She will always be remembered as the smiling dimpled with a zest for life

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I enjoyed many of her movies but can't think of a single performance where I was like what an iconic performance. She had stiff competition and she was always a lesser actress than her contemporaries. I think Heaven on Earth was supposed to be her big critical movie but no one even remembers that. It was similar to Aish's Provoked where she received more praise. 

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Cassiefinora

She is the quintessential bubbly actress of late 90's to early 2000's.She is the Anushka Sharma of that era or rather Anushka is the Preity Zinta of late 2000's.Both play cute bubbly loud characters effortlessly.But nothing extraordinary to put under iconic category.

Exactly! See also Juhi Chawla- who has done some good work but did not cut it in same way as Madhuri or Sridevi did

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Kya Kehna, Salaam Namastey, Sangharsh, Mission Kashmir, Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, KHNH, Lakshya, Armaan, KANK...they were all very different roles and imo she nailed each one. I didn't like Veer-Zaara at all and feel its an all hype no substance film so I haven't included it.

But she's done a variety of films, its strange how she doesn't get her due. A lot of the subject matter she worked in was taboo at the time.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She was one note to me. Her biggest film Kal Ho Naa Ho. Well 1st off it was above average at best. 2nd the guys music made it work 

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She was one note to me. Her biggest film Kal Ho Naa Ho. Well 1st off it was above average at best. 2nd the guys music made it work 

Agreed. KHNH revealed her limitations- where although it was Naina's story but Rohit and Aman's characters carried the film. I wonder what difference the original cast ie either Kajol or Bebo would have made.

Definitely like her though and found her very charismatic- but limited in her appeal as a Hindi film heroine.

Cassiefinora thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sashay01

Exactly! See also Juhi Chawla- who has done some good work but did not cut it in same way as Madhuri or Sridevi did

Yes,Juhi too.But Juhi could excel in comedy.No other main stream actress could do comedy like her without being cringeworthy.

But when it comes to Preity and Anushka,they are easily replaceable. Nothing sets them apart.No extra ordinary dancing skills or in your face sex appeal.They are simple ,bubbly , cute girls.