Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Gauahargeous_N

My cousin had the same surgery and the nurse messed up the bandage, it was too tight, so the shape of her nose changed and she needed corrective surgery. So just because things went well for you doesn’t mean everyone’s so lucky. 

Surgery for nasal polyps should not involve the bridge of the nose. If PC actually named the doc, he'd have a good case for slander.

This is with the caveat I haven't read the part of the book. Just responding tothe comments here.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Krrish4You

She won't say anything about it. She might give insights abt her professional relations on sets with them but never abt sultry pleasure she had with them. 

She is now married. So are Akki & srk. 

😆

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I'm going to read it because it's bound to be interesting.

What I don't get is how celebs are so reluctant to admit mistakes. What would go wrong by saying, "Yeah, I did surgery, and it was a mistake in retrospect. Yeah, I did lie about it, but social pressure was such. I would urge all young women considering such things to think twice, thrice, ten times. I would urge society to change."?

Someone who said that would actually be worthy of respect.

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Surgery for nasal polyps goes nowhere near the bridge of the nose. If PC actually named the doc, he'd have a good case for slander.

This is with the caveat I haven't read the part of the book. Just responding tothe comments here.

Then read the book instead of commenting without knowing. Both of her parents are doctors and surgeons, they wouldn’t put impossible things in the book. 

Doctors and nurses sometimes make mistakes too, I’ve seen it first hand. Here in Canada healthcare is free so no one really complains, even my mom’s knee surgery was botched. But shit does happen, it’s traumatic. I just find it weird that people think everything’s a lie just because they’re celebrities. Priyanka was supposed to start a movie, why would she get a major nose surgery only days before it? She was going in for a minor polyps surgery and it turned into something bigger because of a mistake. She lost that film and many others because of it. She mentions numerous corrective surgeries for years after that in the book. 

Thank you for opening this topic! 🤗

Priyanka’s book is out NOW! For more info: https://www.unfinishedbypriyanka.com/

Why don't you open topics anymore though?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Then read the book instead of commenting without knowing. Both of her parents are doctors and surgeons, they wouldn’t put impossible things in the book. 

Doctors and nurses sometimes make mistakes too, I’ve seen it first hand. Here in Canada healthcare is free so no one really complains, even my mom’s knee surgery was botched. But shit does happen, it’s traumatic. I just find it weird that people think everything’s a lie just because they’re celebrities. Priyanka was supposed to start a movie, why would she get a major nose surgery only days before it? She was going in for a minor polyps surgery and it turned into something bigger because of a mistake. She lost that film and many others because of it. She mentions numerous corrective surgeries for years after that in the book. 

Yes, they would. Not saying they DID, but parents do lie for their children. A botched surgery should've had her naming the surgeon. She didn't. So she either let an incompetent butcher continue operating on others who might not have the resources for corrective surgeries as she does--this in spite of her parents being doctors who should know better--or she is lying and cannot name him because... yeah, libel.

BollyPC thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Yes, they would. Not saying they DID, but parents do lie for their children. A botched surgery should've had her naming the surgeon. She didn't. So she either let an incompetent butcher continue operating on others who might not have the resources for corrective surgeries as she does--this in spite of her parents being doctors who should know better--or she is lying and cannot name him because... yeah, libel.

Why would she ruin someone’s career in her book? Idk the name of the nurses that messed up my cousin and mom’s bandages but that doesn’t mean the mess up didn’t happen or they didn’t get in trouble otherwise. 

BollyPC thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

Why don't you open topics anymore though?

My warning level is too high, not allowed.😳

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

The nose story as told doesn’t make sense. Nasal polyp surgery is a closed procedure. I’ve been in the OR and witnessed many of them. Bleeding is largely controlled with cauterization and there is typically minimal to no packing and no external bandaging covering the nose - there is kind of a hammock under the nose to collect blood /drainage which is monitored closely to make sure not excessive. I absolutely do not buy in any way shape or form that an ENT accidentally shaved her nasal bridge during a polypectomy - nasal polyps and the nasal bridge are no where near each other (in endoscopic terms) . If she meant they removed her turbinates or damaged her septum (instead of bridge) I would believe that but it would not cause bridge collapse. I’ve seen many a rhinoplasty billed as correcting a “deviated septum” to get insurance to pay for it in the US and explain it to friends😉 So maybe she condensed her surgical history a little bit. The nasal bridge collapse was from overly aggressive rhinoplasty and she’s clearly had grafting to try to stabilize, the bridge is now wider than in her pageant days -that’s a graft. I don’t judge anyone for plastic surgery especially when in a position like an actress. Honestly I would have leapt at the chance for a rhinoplasty when I was 18 before I learned everything that can go wrong. I also understand why she couldn’t tell the truth in BW and why it’s difficult to explain that decision a decade later in Hollywood. 

I also respect her for not naming names (though I would definitely have read every single word of it if she had😆). Every story has at least 2 sides and any name she might have named has innocent family members who would be involved too. Looks like Priyanka is the Anti-Kangana so good for her (and Rakesh Roshan who cast K3 exceedingly well). 

BollyPC thumbnail

Anyways I think people put too much emphasis on this nose thing. Priyanka had a issue early in her life and because of that had to get corrective surgery over and over again. Despite all the scrutiny for that and many other things Priyanka didn’t let anything stop her and her success.