Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikvi29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Very well written. I just read chapter 4-5

Sorry to say but my favorite part is Abhay broke Jeh's nose.  

I like how you penned it out. 

I am glad T and Tracker are trying to tell Piya the truth and Piya can see through Abhay's action. It shows she may not remember him but her heart knows him inside out  and that he is trying to show he has moved on and has no feelings for Piya. But, She can see that it is fake.  Beautiful written.

I loved it.

Thank you for the PMs.

Abhiya_cute thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

It's awesome, look interesting how it will turn. 

Update soon. 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Chapter 6

'So this is from the Romeo-Juliet play?' I picked up a picture from the huge pile T had placed in front of me. I was standing on a makeshift balcony, wearing a super old fashioned outfit. Abhay looked suave as always. However his expression was a mix of passion and hatred. I could literally feel it through the photo.

'Yeah, this was the first rehearsal ever. You fell off the balcony and Abhay had saved you,' T grinned.

'Yaa and T was so pissed that she went to rehearse with Abhay after this scene and faked fainting, hoping he would save her too,' Tracker giggled. 'But you know, he just walked awayyyy.'

'Tracker what's your problem man,' T rolled her eyes but equally embarrased. 'Why are you bringing up my immaturity.'

'Well Piya said she wanted to know everything,' Tracker danced around. 

'So do it when I am not around you dumbo!'

'Enough guys,' Panchi said sternly. 'Tracker, if you want to give away embarrassing details that aren't about Abhay and Piya, do it when that person isn't around.'

'Agreed,' I said. Picking up another photo, I asked the group. 'Were we dating here?'

'No,' Misha said. 'So this was when you were living in the hostel back then and we did not know you were our sister. Anyway this was the first party at the Raichand house. Every elite family was invited, but you weren't. Specially since Abhay hated you.'

'Misha, get to the point,' Panchi interjected. 'Tell her what you did.'

'Fine! So anyway I forgot my invite at home which was needed to enter the party. And I was getting late-'

'As usual.'

'As usual,' Misha threw a glare in Panchi's direction. 'So anyways you had tried on a dress for a date with Kabir when I called you over. You came running, lost the invite, helped me sneak in while getting your dress ripped, Abhay insulted you then asked for forgiveness because of his mom and publicly asked for forgiveness.'

'By asking you to dance with him!' Tracker said. 'You know, it was the first dance at the party and everyone was dazed looking at your chemistry!'

'Hmm...' I looked at the picture once again. Abhay was holding me very closely and dipping me, staring deep into my eyes. There was definitely something going on between the two of us. Something we hadn't addressed at that time. However what stood out was the way he was holding me. I know I was very light in weight, but he held me using only one arm. Our eyes were locked as usual, nonetheless it looked like we would grab each other for our own pleasure any minute. 

Keeping that photo away, I picked another one from the pile. 'This looks interesting.'

'This was at a restaurant opening. You were dating Kabir at the time while Abhay and I were pretending to.' I was wearing a pink dress and dancing with Kabir, T and Abhay were next to us. The pose was us facing each other while holding our own partners. Tracker was right...we couldn't stay away from each other.

'This is where we had turned T's hair green.'

'MISHA!'

'TANSUHREE!'

'STOP YOU GUYS!' I screamed. 'Do you understand this is serious?'

'Sorry.' They said together. 

I sighed. 'Its okay but please...stop doing this.' They just nodded in agreement. 'So give me the details.'

They did tell me about Maya's pregnancy, how Abhay took the blame, we suddenly went from hating each other to teaming up, to exposing Danish being the father.

'This,' Panchi passed me a photograph. 'was at the engagement.' It was a group picture of the celebration. But I looked at what Panchi had pointed out. Abhay and I were intently staring at each other from across the room. T was clinging to him whereas Misha was next to me. But our eyes never left each other. 'Like we told you, Abhay and you were always inseparable. He is with T here, but look at his body language. Only into you, Piya.'

I felt uneasiness build up inside me. i still couldn't remember a thing. 'And what about these??'

'This is a party we had for Panchi getting a job, college fashion show and Abhay's birthday. I must say, Bridie and I cheated to get you two on the paper together.'

'Wait a minute...why do I have straight hair?' I loved my curls. There was no reason for me to do that.

'Maybe you wanted a new look,' T shrugged. 'You never told us really. We assumed you got bored of your old hair style.'

'That doesn't make any sense. You know how much I love my hair.' 

'Piya, we're telling you what we know,' Tracker said. 'If there was another reason you never shared it with us.'

I moved on, picking up another photograph, 'This is Valentines Day right? So we were dating then?'

'You dated for what...one day? Post this you losers went your own ways again.' Misha grumbled. I punched her lightly in the arm before turning my attention back to the photo. Abhay and I were slow dancing...and gazing into each others' eyes as always. But there was something different this time. It was less carnal and more...romantic. I saw it. The love in his eyes for me was evident as was mine for him. Abhay couldn't lie to me anymore, it wasn't a casual relationship for sure.

'This was Prom,' T said pointedly. 'Again, you guys weren't together but were always around each other.' And surely we were. I was talking to Misha (who looked like a girl by the way) animatedly in the picture but hadn't noticed Abhay looking at me. T was on his arm again, but he seemed to be paying no attention to her at all. So what the hell was going on? Why did we behave so weirdly if we were so madly in love?

'And this,' Panchi said quietly. 'was my engagement to Sidharth. You and Abhay were stuck to each other at this party.' I could understand the pain in my sister's voice. This was her second engagement that hadn't ended up in marriage. Her second heartbreak. 

'Piya,' Misha looked guilty. 'This was also when we'd found out that you were our half-sister. And I had pushed you so hard...you hit your head against a cabinet and started bleeding profusely...Abhay had carried you out of the party in a jiffy and taken you somewhere with his parents...I am so sorry...' Silence engulfed us. Even Tracker, the most verbose one was at loss for words. I had nearly died that night...for the second time my life had been threatened. And even this time Abhay was the one to save me. Why? Would a casual boyfriend do something like this? No. For sure he was hiding something from me.

'Misha its okay,' I said gently, patting her hand. Misha attempted to blink away her tears. 'We're all here now, I am here and alive. Your temper had got the better of you...but you have nothing to feel so bad about-'

'No Piya, I can never forgive myself for what I did,' Misha half-whispered. 'I really hurt you bad. But Abhay did save you...sneaky little ba**ard.'

We all giggled at that, the seriousness melting away. All of us huddled round Misha, giving her a group hug. I felt her shaking, but as we held each other, her anxiety gradually disappeared. She smiled her crooked smile, looking for other pictures to change the topic.

'And this is the last one,' Tracker found a photo, placing it in the centre as we were still huddled. 'This was the college's dance competition. Originally it was Abhay-T and you-Kabir. But due to some last minute changes-'

'AKA Misha adding itching powder to my costume.' T shook her head while Misha let it slide.

'Ya ya, so because of that you and Abhay performed together. Lots of chemistry na. Giving all of us butterflies in our bellies.' And verbose Tracker was back.

I looked keenly at the photo. Abhay was holding me very gently from behind, his hand on my waist, my right hand on his cheek, my hair straight as pins, us sharing an eye lock. The love he had for me was evident and I was sure we were together at this point...but looks like the others did not know. Why were we hiding?

'Soon after this Piya...something happened and we count you unconscious in the woods,' Panchi said. 'When you came to, you had no memory of anyone or anything. Its as if someone made you specifically forget your time here in Dehra Dun. The Raichands left town while you had no memory of Abhay.'

'Panchi you have no idea what had happened?'

'I wish we knew Piya. But no idea at all.' Panchi looked down. 'Even Siddharth was nowhere to be found. I don't know if he disappeared or...'

'Died...' I said quietly. We looked at each other, not knowing what else to say. But I broke the silence. 'Okay I think that's enough serious talk for one night. Lets order dinner. And call your parents, we're having a sleepover.'

As we ate our pizzas and did all things girly, my mind still whizzed over everything. Something did not add up. The entire chronology seemed off. But as the girls said, they told me what they knew. Abhay had the remaining story, but that handsome brute would not reveal anything so easily. 

So time to come up with a plan...

Nikvi29 thumbnail

I loved chapter 6.

I am super excited about Piya's plan. 

Thank for the pm. 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Chapter 7 

**PG 13 CONTENT IS HERE!

College atmosphere was super restless the next day. We all knew the reason-  Abhay's return and the huge scene created on the first day of rehearsal. Looks like the drama club is jinxed or something. But as they say the show must go on. I could not let their gossiping get to me.

The students were murmuring loudly when I walked into campus. Lots of glances were thrown my way; but I ignored them completely, my girls closely behind me. 

'Piya,' Misha said. 'We have Media Studies now, extra class.'

'Since you didn't submit your assignment right.'

'You know me so freaking well,' Misha grinned. 'Where are you going?'

'Individual Study Room, I need to learn my lines for the play.'

'Cools then, see you later.' I saw Misha, T, Tracker entering the class, the girls sitting next to their boyfriends while my crazy sister stood on a table. Smiling inwardly, I made my way to the new campus wing. In the one year we were in Paris, Papa had invested lots of money to refurbish the entire West wing of Mount College. So now not only was our library upto date, but it was also designed along the lines of international universities.

'Good morning ma'am,' I said to the librarian. 'I need an Individual Study Room to practice for the play.'

'Will you be rehearsing out loud?' 

'Yes ma'am.'

'Alright. Please give me your ID Card.' It took a couple of minutes for her to register me and give me a programmed key card. 'Its Room E, the one in the corner.' The more privacy, the better.

'Thank you ma'am,' I smiled at her. Once in the Room, I locked myself in and began to think, the script in my hand a mere prop.

Abhay and I were definitely together at some point and it was safe to say that we were in love too. But with me not knowing half the story and Abhay not revealing his side of the story, it was getting extremely difficult to figure out a plan that would help me find out everything.

There had to be a way out, a loophole. Something that would weaken Abhay...make him blab...but what? Focus Piya! Focus!

'You know, if you look into the script instead of pacing around like a whacko, I am sure you'd be able to focus.' I jumped at the sound of the all-too-familiar voice. How had I missed him entering the room?

'How the hell did you get in?' I looked at his perfectly handsome face. Abhay stood casually leaning against the projector stand. I attempted to control my ever-so-fast beating heart sinking on the table top.

'I have my ways,' he grinned darkly. 'Apparently all the Rooms were full so I broke into one.'

'And you found my Room of all the options available?'

'Atleast you won't pounce on me.' Oh how I wish you knew what I was thinking. 

'What will Tanya think?'

'Not my problem. Some time apart will do us both good.'

I rolled my eyes attempting to distract myself. 'What do you want, Abhay.'

'Peace,' he was flipping the pages of a random book. 'I'd forgotten how noisy Dehra Dun's crowd could be.'

'Excuse me, this is one of the most peaceful places in India. If you want complete solace, why don't you go live in a snow capped mountain?'

'Been there done that...' Abhay muttered under his breath.

'What?'

He arched his eyebrow, 'Never mind. Why don't you get back to your work and I'll do mine.'

'No thank you, I'd rather you leave.'

His eyes turned sadistically dark, 'You hate me that much?'

'On the contrary, I don't remember enough about you to hate you,' I laughed humourlessly. 'Because everyone knows everything expect me. And you of course know every damn thing don't you.'

'I have no idea what you mean.' How could he be so casual?

'I am sure you know but I'll still enlighten you,' His eyes bored into mine as I spoke. 'Last year I lost all my memories of the past one year. And you disappeared. So I am trying to figure out everything that happened.'

'Or maybe you lost your memories because you needed a fresh start.'

'Really?' I adjusted myself on the table. 'And you'd know this.'

'Uhuh.' That was all he said. But his eyes were roaming all over me, as if trying to memorise my face all over again. I smiled internally. I think I found his weakness.

'Well Abhay since you know everything, answer a question please.'

'Not interested.'

'Just this one,' I slid my arms gently opening my legs ever so slightly. Abhay's breath hitched while I threw him a doe-eyed stare. 'Please. You can help me, can't you Abhay?' That did it. He walked slowly towards me, his eyes on my legs, the colour changing to a dark grey. I bit my lip letting him come close to me. However I placed my hand on his chest, stopping him inches apart from me.

Ignoring his hands grazing against my thigh, I looked into his eyes. 'Abhay...why aren't you helping me?'

He looked pained as he struggled to find the right words, 'Piya...listen.'

'Abhay,' I lifted my right hand to run my fingertips over his cheek gently. He revelled in the touch, shutting his eyes. 'I don't remember anything. But I do know how I feel around you and its very confusing. Please Abhay...you can date whomever you want, do whatever you want...but please help me out.'

All of a sudden he seemed to break through his trance. He pulled me towards the edge of the table and was dangerously close, his mouth inches apart from mine. My breath sped up as I snaked my arms around his shoulders. Instinct.

'Piya,' he said in a dangerously low voice. 'The night you lost your memory, we were together, on a date. I was driving you home when the car broke down. While I was looking at the engine, you decided it would be a good idea to go find help. But you...disappeared. And I tried to find you Piya. I had no idea where you went even after conducting a search party. But I failed. My parents couldn't bear the sight of me wallowing. So we moved immediately...and thats where I met Tanya.'

He was partially lying to me for sure. Abhay would never give away his secrets so easily. That much I had figured out. But I didn't budge, using my right leg I pulled him completely close. 'I know Abhay and I am so very happy for you...but looks like we still have some unfinished business.' I whispered in his ear.

Something snapped in him and I found myself flat on my back seconds later, Abhay towering over me. He seemed to be fighting the same urge as I was, failing miserably. 'I thought only your clothes have changed, but the fact that you've changed completely as a person shocks me. I never thought you'd be the one stooping so low.' He got off me, letting me catch my breath.

I sat up immediately and grabbed his arm. 'I don't give a damn what you think Abhay. I am in a confused state of mind currently. And this...instinct I have when you're around isn't making things easy.'

'Oh really?' He was furious. 'So you threw yourself on me like any other girl?'

Control your anger Piya, he's going to crack. 'You allowed to get yourself seduced Abhay. And we both know if we had it our way we'd be doing something completely different right now.'

'We never did any of that,' he turned his back to me.

'Yet another lie.' I got off the table. 'I have a gynaecologist Abhay. Surely medical science doesn't lie. So tell me, how was it.'

'Shut up Piya.'

'Did we go about it like rabbits? Were clothes destroyed? Give me something.'

'Piya-'

'Ooh unless we did it in the hostel, breaking all the rules like a bad girl.'

'DAMMIT!' I found myself pressed against the wall, Abhay's nose brushing against mine. 'You want to know darling? Well, it did happen. Multiple times, in every damn position you could think of. I might still have scratches to prove myself.' 

'Lies Abhay...' I surprised him yet again. 'I can figure out when you're hiding something from me. Unless...you don't want to remember any of our memories?' Oh God. 'Is that why you're lying to me? Does it hurt?' My voice broke.

Abhay's shoulders hunched but his arms were still around me. I looked at his pained expression, waiting for an answer. A couple of minutes passed without us moving. Just when I was about to give up, he spoke, 'Piya, I don't want to talk about anything but since that was a special memory I owe this to you. It was beautiful.' He cupped my face. 'You were amazing. And it is my most cherished memory.'

'Its a memory I have no recollection of,' I smiled sadly. 

'You don't need to. You can feel it, can't you.'

I could. There was a natural flow between him and I that no memory loss could take away. The way we were holding each other was proof. 'I don't think that's enough, Abhay.'

He moved his face closer to mine, causing me to shut my eyes, waiting for the inevitable. I felt his nose run along my jaw to my cheekbone and back again several times, growling lowly, causing me to shake. My fingers grabbed the lapels of his jacket, attempting to pull him closer. Give me something Abhay, to cherish our love and memories...please...

'It would never be enough with us, Piya.'

A gust of cool wind surrounded me causing me to open my eyes.

He was gone.

simply.meghana thumbnail

Loving it a lot! Continue soon! ❤️

Abhiya_cute thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Love it, waiting for more abhiya romance. 

N they did it actually, but when. 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Chapter 8

I've actually written a lot of the theory here in detail so don't skip it please!

It look me an additional hour to recollect my thoughts and calm myself down, attempt and forget what we had shared in the past one hour. Abhay's touch had thrown me into a frenzy, a sensation I never wanted to end. We had shared much more than that in the past, yet without any recollection I could feel the familiarity gushing through my veins.

'That aint the only place gushing's taking place...' I looked down at my pants, specifically between my legs. Damn you Abhay Raichand. But I had to fix this quickly, I had 5 minutes before the next class started.

I moved at lightening speed towards the locker room, changed into clean underwear. Splashing lots of of water on my face, quickly fixing my kajal and lip gloss, I rushed to TV Broadcasting. Abhay was already sitting with Tanya clinging to his arm, not even looking at me. However he seemed repulsed by his girlfriend's presence and cringed away from her touch. 

This guy just spent an hour with me in the Study Room and ever he touched me he seems distant around his girlfriend. I am not a narcissist, but this was definitely about me. I was so sure he wanted much more than just running his nose across my face. Tremendous self-control Abhay.

Ignoring him, I walked towards Misha and sat next to her, our bench next to Abhay's. He was looking at me from the corner of his eye, hoping I wouldn't catch him. I pretended not to, but couldn't control a sly smile from erupting on my face while biting my lip. Stop behaving like an animal Piya!

I did not expect what came next. Abhay shifted uncomfortably in his seat, adjusting himself. He was cleared his throat loudly, hoping it was distract him. So he had a problem now, aye. Well, good for him. This is what he'll get for teasing me. 

'What the f**k is Abhay upto?' T was the first one to notice. The group turned their bodies towards the man in question, enjoying his discomfort.

'I shouldn't say this but hie girlfriend isn't even hot,' Misha said. 'I doubt its because of her.'

'Aye see na,' Tracker said pointedly. 'He looks like he wants to run away from her.'

'For the first time Tracker's noticed something worthy,' Kabir had also jumped into the conversation. 'This is not because of Tanya.'

'Is it because of...' They all looked at me.

I turned red, 'You pigs, I haven't even met the guy since yesterday.' No one needed to know what had transpired an hour ago. 'Why'd you even think its my doing?'

'Because every time something as weird as Abhay happens its always had something to do with you.' Abhay chose that moment to look at me, as if he could hear every single word we were whispering. 

'Yuck man,' I said sternly. 'Nothing of this sort has happened. If Abhay's having...issues...then its his deal, not mine.' Abhay visibly relaxed and returned to face the blackboard. So he was listening. 

Miss Dasgupta entered the classroom and we all stood up to greet her. I think the lecture would be a good distraction for both of us. 

'Sit down students,' Miss D said. 'Today there won't be any studies.' The class erupted in cheers, everyone except Abhay of course. 'Silence! Just because I won't be teaching does not mean there won't be anything educational. Today we're doing a debate activity. I am dividing you'll into two teams and announce your topic.'

'Okay teacher.' We droned.

'So...Kabir, Misha, Tanya, Eric and Piya are Team A.' Damn it.

'And...Tanushree, Abhay, Angad, Rahul and Ruhi are Team B. The rest of you will observe, make notes and submit a 500 word report on the learnings. All of you will be marked out of 50. Now sit accordingly.' Tracker and Angad were the only happy ones, claiming their love is was unbreakable. Misha and Kabir high fived each other. T and Tracker were at loggerheads as usual. Tanya got seated next to me, to my annoyance. Abhay was the only indifferent one. Or he was only pretending to be so. 

'So your topic is "Does Indian Television need to alter its content or stick to older formulas?"'

'Ma'am, we'll debate for New Content!' Misha screamed. 'DIBS!'

'Isshhh Misha, talk softly!' Miss D covered her ear, letting her Bengali accent slip. 'Anyway so Team B is automatically debating on Older Formulas. Take 20 minutes and let's debate.'

It didn't take us long to list down points. Miss D formally started the debate, Team B opened it.

'Good morning respected moderator, and our fellow participants. I am Tanushree Ambolkar, opening speaker for Team B. Our topic for today is "Does Indian Television need to alter its content or stick to older formulas?" With the permission of our moderator, I would like to open this debate.'

'Permission granted.'

'Thank you honourable moderator. As we are aware, Indian television has evolved a lot since its inception in 1959. Government owned channel Doordarshan was the pioneer of fiction and non fiction content in the 1980s which were both off beat and mainstream. However it was twenty years later that a fixed format storyline made Indian Television popular and extremely profitable. Allow my team members to tell you how.'

'Thank you Tanushree,' Rahul said. 'As we are aware, Indian television did a lot of unusual content in this early days, like Hum Paanch, Buniyaad and Malgudi Days. However these off beats shows are not as memorable in today's times compared to the fiction content released in the 2000s. With the inception of channels like Star Plus, Zee TV and Sony Entertainment Television, Indian shows have gained not only immense popularity, but have allowed these channels to create newer sister channels. Mainstream content might be dated, but its been an extremely profitable venture.'

Ruhi continued, 'Mythological shows have also been around since the 1980s, with Ramayan and Mahabharat still being very popular. But remaking these stories with newer technology and actors not only introduces them to a newer generation, but also reduces the pressure on the production house. A tried and tested formula will always work, here are the statistics to prove it.' She passed her phone to us. Damn, when did Tracker start speaking so maturely? Even Angad looked surprised.

'Moving on, the fixed storylines that are being followed for years now have a very strong fanbase. The Television Industry requires a lot of monetary investment and there is very less time allotted to make a show click. So if an older formula is helping them do that, why would any channel or producer consider changing it?' Angad said.

'To conclude,' Abhay stood up, his voice sending chills down my spine. 'A fixed formula, no matter how dated or melodramatic, can help generate huge amounts of revenue that even a channel might have not predicted. At the end of the day, Television is a business. The ability to earn profit has become more important than creativity. And order to survive in today's competitive times, its important to focus on monetary benefits. Thank you.'

'Thank you Team B,' Miss D said, clearly impressed. 'Team A, please begin.'

'Thank you honourable moderator and greetings to our fellow participants.' Misha spoke. 'I am Misha Dobriyal, the opening speaker for Team A. As we are all aware of, television has come a long way since 1959. From a government owned channel as the only source of home entertainment, today we have branched out to major privately owned television channels, available in every part of the country and the world where the Indian diaspora is present. As rightly said by Team B, a fixed formula has helped these companies create newer sister channels, focussing on specific genre and styles. However if their head channel does not revise its content, it will cost them in the longer run. My team members shall take over now.'

Misha gestured Kabir to stand up, 'A certain format, if used over the years will become monotonous and repetitive. When it reaches its saturation point, the audience will suit watching Indian Television and move to international options. That will not only affect the channel's popularity, but also compromise the fan base of Indian Television. We are already seeing the younger demographic switch to English content on channels like Zee Cafe and Star World. It would only be a matter of time before this demographic would become the main target demographic. Unfortunately they would not be interested to give a chance to Indian content, irrespective of its genre.'

Tanya looked completely out of place, 'Yeah umm...that wouldn't be the best thing to happen now, would it. I mean everyone needs money to-' We were so embarrassed over the points she was saying. I nudged Eric to stand, my anger simmering. Abhay, the most expressionless man, was also struggling to keep a poker face. A journalism student would never say shit like this, not even a fresher...unless...she wasn't one?

'Thank you Tanya,' he literally pushed her on her chair. 'So continuing what my group member Kabir mentioned about sister channels, according to statistics these channels might take over the current market within the next decade or so. That would also affect the number of people working in the industry. Allow me to explain how, if people aren't watching our content, there won't be any profit, which would lead to these shows and perdition houses shutting in the long run. If we take an average of 100 people working on a Television show and consider 5 Primetime shows on 5 channels that would be 2500 jobs on set alone. Given that this number will increase exponentially owing to the increase in competition there might be a lay off in thousands. Imagine the overall strain on the industry and the economy.' Eric passed his BlackBerry to Team B and Miss D to show them the statistics.

I got up, 'In conclusion, a fixed formula may be working right now. But anything in excess compromises on quality. The profit that they are earning today can become a much larger figure if channels chose to move on with the times. Instead of focussing on the usual Family Dramas, adding new genres like Supernatural, Thriller, Horror, Teenage Fiction would allow us a much larger reach. Subtitled content on platforms like YouTube and international production standards would enable our content to reach international audience who don't speak or understand our local languages. Monetary benefits,' I looked at Abhay. 'would increase to a much greater margin, boosting Broadcast ratings too. Thank you.'

'Thank you to both the teams for listing down their points.' Miss D said. 'Lets began the rebuttal.'

'I have a point,' Abhay spoke up. 'One of your team members, Ms Dobriyal, felt that a different variety of genres can help boost the industry and in turn boost the broadcast ratings.' Let the games begin. 'I'd like to state that the industry has remained the same for over a decade and does not seem to be slowing down. Is it even wise to invest in something different?'

'Thank you, Mr. Raichand,' I saw him biting his lip ever so slyly. 'True it might not be effective in the beginning. But is it worth to wait for a downward spiral before changing your game plan?? You do realise that it would require additional resources and efforts to re-attract your target market.'

'Agreed. But experimenting at a time when the future target demographic still has time to become the main demographic. I feel its too early.'

'Not at all, the sooner you start the sooner you see results. There might be some misses but isn't that what business is all about?'

'The misses will cost a huge loss. You also mentioned a variety of different genres. I can guarantee you they would fail.'

'Supernatural genre is the biggest market at the moment. Investing in it would mean a huge boost in profits and Broadcast points.'

'Only if you believe in fairytales or Harry Potter.'

'Harry Potter is so yesterday, Twilight is the new in thing. Everyone loves vampires.' 

'That would lead to corruption of minds, Ms Dobriyal. And I do not believe focussing on myths would do us any good.' What was the shift in his expression? He seemed so angry and pissed that I brought something like this up. 

'I am sure vampire fiction would do way much better than any mainstream melodramatic storyline in today's times. Teenagers, specially girls, love the vampire genre.'

'Why not run a survey so that I can prove you wrong?'

'You don't need to. I myself, love vampires.'

'Nonsense,' he growled. Whats the problem? Did Abhay have something against fiction? Why was he taking it so personal?

In our anger and passion for subject we did not really our close proximity. Abhay and I were less than a feet away from each other, our nostrils flaring, fists clenched. Yet all I wanted was for him to close the distance between us and satiate the hunger he triggered in me today morning, damn the people in the room, damn the consequences. I saw it in his eyes too, he wanted it with equal fervour. The anger and longing in his orbs were drawing me closer. There was something much more to this story. 

Please Abhay...

'Class dismissed!' Miss D announced as the bell rang. I saw the most headstrong woman I had ever seen shaking. The rest of the students were in a daze too. Holy shit, they were all turned on. Were our emotions so strong that every one around could feel it?

The last thing I saw was Abhay dragging Tanya out of the class while my gang tried to figure out what just happened. I buried my face in my palms, hoping to hide from the world.

Everything was making a bit more sense now...but for sure I knew I had just touched the tip of the iceberg...

Nikvi29 thumbnail

I loved the chapter.

I loved the debate and looks like you did alot of research or know everything really well.

Abhiya steam felt by everyone that Mrs. d had to end the session. 

Piya knows Abhay well without even memory.

Well written.

simply.meghana thumbnail

We love some good intellectual debates 😆 continue soon!