The Lohri Wishes: K&S Family Edition

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Love how they were so perfect for each character and their motivations! 

Kusum: Hamare ghar par apni kripa banaye rakhna maata rani

She is a typical mother and homemaker and just wants the best for her family and children. Makes me think she will stand up to DP for Gunnu-Sattu when their reality is revealed because she will recognise and acknowledge their sacrifices.

Dharmpal: Mera haath jaldi se majboot karde maata rani taaki main phir se apni parivar ki zimmedariyan utha saku aur apni betiyon ko dhoom dhaam se bida kar saku 

He wants to get back in power again as the breadwinner of the house and dreams of getting the girls married to the best of his ability, but failing to understand, that they may possibly have dreams of their own too beyond marriage and also indicating that while he has accepted Gunnu-Sattu and Puttu as part of K&S, ultimately as the head of the family, he considers it his responsibility to fend for his people. Call it ego or whatever, but the reality of Gunnu/Sattu will break him in the long-term.  

Shishupal: Is baar toh promotion karwade Maata Rani, Bhaisaab ke nazron mein uthna chahta hoon main..Puttu bhi apne baap pe proud feel kare..Chanchal bhi chaudi hokar ghoom sake 

All Shishu has ever wanted from his brother and family is for them to be proud of him. He wants the promotion, but not for himself, but to prove to others he is worthy. Felt bad when he told Sattu he made the snacks, then had to say that the girls did, it is actually a nice part of his personality to have a talent in cooking too. 

Chanchal: Hey Mata Raani, inhe satbuddhi de, apne bhaisaab ke samne na thar thar patte ki tarah na kaape, tann ke khade ho. mera kamra bhi toh bachana hai aapko Gunnu aur Sattu se 

Chanchal has explicitly said in the past few episodes how she is indeed jealous of the family that Susheela is getting, because she gets the freedom and kind of relations that Chachi always hoped for in her own sasural. She asks for her husband to stand up for himself because she hates listening to Bhaisaheb 24x7 and does NOT want her son and posessions to be sacrificed for the family too. 

Puttu: Aapki help se G.O.A.T Puttu ne 2000 followers toh cross kar liye hai, next target 10,000 ka hai, I know thoda zyada hai, par aap toh kar hi sakte ho..aap toh God ho..By God..

Bacche ne karli bacche wali baat, par seedha dil se nikli aur dil tak pahuchi..really hope he gets those followers soon and can start his journey towards his future video direction/editing/marketing career. 

Susheela: Main toh aaj directly apne liye mangne wali hoon Maata rani, no strings attached! Mumbai jaane ki ticket dilwa do, bas Hooda ke mu se kehelwa do..yahi hai jiska mujhe intezaar tha  

Susheela totally gives off the vibe of being tired of this double wali life, where especially both Susheela/Sattu keep getting into trouble. She wants a break, she wants the freedom to spread her wings and fly and achieve her dreams of becoming an actress and meet Hooda. Let's see how her relationship with Pramod helps her see how she has to be grounded first to be able to take a safe take-off and where this aspiration takes her. 

Garima: Do cheezon ki application daal rahi hoon Mata Rani: 1. K&S ko bachaye rakhna hai; 2. Vikram ke dil mein jagah banani hai apne liye, usko bhi mujhko dekh kar waisa feel ho jaise mujhe usko dekhkar hota hai..

Garima is most attached to K&S between the trio, since it gives a chance to fulfil her responsibility as a daughter, explore her hairstyling talent and also stay close to Vikram, who she truly wants to impress and make a place in his life. Whether the magic happens as Gunnu or Garima, either ways her priorities are right now very clear. She will definitely be heartbroken when the news of him being Jagat's brother comes to the fore. 

Vikram was missing in this episode - no comments on what he wants as of now. 

Meanwhile, Dr. Pramod sitting in his car wondering: Relationship Status taken tha toh batana chahiye tha na Susheela ji, jab maine propose kiya tha tab aap Papa aur family ka gyaan de rahi thi..pata hai maine mazaak mein kiya tha..par batana toh chahiye tha..clarity toh rakhni chahiye thi na..par usne kaha tujhe koi commitment ya promise diya tha Pramod..bekaar mein hi senti ho raha hai yaar tu. Tu toh waise bhi London jaane wala hai..par ye ladka hai kaun?   

Pramod believed he had a chance with Susheela that he has lost, is questioning his own budding feelings of love and jealousy with regards to their fake-turned-kinda real relationship from his end, wants clarity about the boy and their current status, and has resigned to the fact that atleast he still has the choice to go back to London. My heart went out to him with how upset and heartbroken he was today with her half-truth. Hope this track helps him get his love! 

Edited by nautankitadka - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bluecool thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Didn't see the full episode yet. Just saw bits and pieces. But felt really bad for Pramod today. Him sitting in the car alone in his heartbroken status while Susheela was atleast around her family in disguise! 

Susheela didn't realize that his family assumes he would be with her and her family assumes both of them will be with his family. He is left alone on a festive day ! But he puts up with all these things for her.

On the bright side, atleast Jagat considers them as strong opponents and warns his spy not take them lightly.

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: bluecool

Didn't see the full episode yet. Just saw bits and pieces. But felt really bad for Pramod today. Him sitting in the car alone in his heartbroken status while Susheela was atleast around her family in disguise! 

Susheela didn't realize that his family assumes he would be with her and her family assumes both of them will be with his family. He is left alone on a festive day ! But he puts up with all these things for her.

On the bright side, atleast Jagat considers them as strong opponents and warns his spy not take them lightly.

Yessss!! Pramod could have also enjoyed the function with his newfound damaad status, instead, Sattu is with her family and he cannot even tell his family about the diguise + the fact that he does not even know whether she sees him as a counterpart - what with this half truth about Hooda who he thinks is her BF maybe. Hopefully this track gets her back her spunk and helps her to see the difference between a celeb crush and a real confidante who truly cares for her to the point of lying to his trusted people and sitting alone in the bargain. I think she kinda does recognize it, that is why she shielded it by complimenting his parents and saying she will also return the favor someday. She turned it into something less personal so her feelings aint involved and she was sorta getting a kick from taking his case over his confusion too..

Yess, Jagat's keeping a closer eye on the girls now, which is great, coz its out in the open and both sides are aware that the other is a legit threat. Garima and Susheela do have to be even more careful about their double role though, coz JS aint going to stop trailing them soon now in addition to Chachaji!  πŸ₯²

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

LOL, Jagat admitted that their minds work expeditiously than a calculator.πŸ˜†

Pramod seemed dissatisfied about Susheela's actions. He felt content that she praised his parents for their laidback attitude. I think Pramod might start to feel that she's taking advantage of his assistance while she's under the presumption that Pramod seems to be quipping her about her man and is oblivious about Hooda. I don't mean to sound blunt to Susheela but she keeps on constantly saying that she's also helping him out in exchange for accomplishing her pursuits --- she might bring up the concern but right now, she's just absorbed over the news that Hooda's in the Haryana. 

Garima continues to advise to pursue her dreams at a correct timing but, seems like Susheela is hellbent on meeting up with Hooda. So, it seems like Garima could be planning to ensure Susheela remains at the Lohri celebrations w/o describing any further revelation -- sorta internal planning.

Liked the Lohri festivity start-off, also DP doesn't seem to believe until a video call is made. Quite funny point I've observed is when Vikram bought up the concept of conducting digital transaction for maintenance, DP preferred to have HB people gather at his house + he was initially against the idea of expanding his employee size + the advertising video, whereas he doesn't mind video call. 

In real life, I've noticed that before COVID19, video calls were only for personal reasons & limited for professional reasons, & now everyone incorporates zoom/webex/teams for such purposes. Yeah, there are drawbacks such as privacy concerns & miscalculations but DP doesn't even want to attempt it until it starts to show profit or success.  Also, the girls use mechanical razor/blowdryer/pump spray to speed up their work whereas DP uses the razor more manually. I like cross-reference the writers are doing here of modernity vs traditional approach. Sometimes, we like to be old-school whereas other times we don't. Even the kitchen is quite traditional whereas if we looks at Pramod's house, it is more what you would perceive in urban/suburban area-based homes with modern equipments.

Coming to wishes for Lohri, everyone desiderate for the betterment of themselves & their family.

Kusum finds her happiness in her family's happiness. 

DP wishes to get back onto his feet & get his daughters' hitched ASAP. Like any parent, he wishes to see them settled but do his daughters want to think about their marriage in a similar fashion? They have begun to explore their talents & aspirations recently. While it is nice of Gunnu & Sattu to acknowledge that DP has done a big favor by hiring them, DP doesn't have the right to coerce them into marrying his daughters on legal & ethical grounds. As Tannu mentioned, DP's bubble has to break thus the snowballing till the plot reaches the climax sometime at a point. The writers have the creative liberty to pen it down thus let's see their approach on this track.

Shishupal wishes to promote himself in the eyes of his family but what's a bummer that DP shuns his cooking talent through the traditional stereotyping gender roles. Chanchal's wish is justified because while respect for sibling is good but too much seva-giri resulting in criticism can take a heavy toll mentally. Shishupal needs to take a stand on his own & be confident. 

Subconsciously, Puttu is getting better & better on his marketing skills, through social media. I feel once he realizes this talent, he'll become more confident and I wish he also takes his education seriously as it is for his betterment like his sisters have mentioned. I know experience is important but so is education at his age. Before anyone comes out & starts attacking this point as MCP or whatever, I'm looking at this issue from mental/health & educational POV.  As a sibling, one would naturally be concerned for the betterment of their siblings. There are those who don't even have the opportunity to get an education irrespective.😳

For Susheela, there's no harm in having wishes but given the atmosphere, she does need to retrospect on the current scenario. I also agree on Garima being more dedicated towards K&S as opposed to Susheela who's just narked of living triple life. She has other aspirations like Hooda, acting, and boxing. 

Garima--- she wishes to save K&S and, concurrently, make her place in Vikram's heart. Yet, things don't always happen as predicted. So, definitely, time is going to be a huge factor in how both Vikram & Garima react when they discover each other's reality & their justification behind their actions. Ignorance wala advice, I can already see it foreshadowing but how the writers conceptualize it, let us await for it. 

Pramod --- I kinda found his point interesting because I don't think she said to him explicitly that she's interested in him. She only agreed to be his GF because she feared he might expose her truth to DP. Yes, they began to bond and rely but I doubt Susheela explicitly told him about her interest in him. He even admitted this in today's episode that he's already planned to head back to London so why does she really influence him? Initially, he was attracted to her but wasn't taking it perhaps at a serious level. 

I liked the pagdi they used matlab it gives you the actual Haryanvi vibe. Again, their costumes aren't too gaudy and I liked the overall presentation of Lohri. Much appreciated for bringing the essence of Lohri on ITV in a proper manner as opposed to twists and turns that occur whether it is Diwali or someone's shaadi LOL. Perhaps, this is why I prefer light-hearted shows more (excluding TMKOC because all they do repetitive tracks that just requires donning different lenses LOLπŸ˜† and YRKKH which is just something beyond my understanding for years). 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: bluecool

I think Pramod's monologues were done quite well with the frustration as he has plans to head back to London but, now it is beginning to deviate now. 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail

Interesting POV.πŸ‘ I agree with a lot of points so you'll just find my points italicized just to differentiate it. πŸ˜†They will be more short because it is literally verbatim.

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

She is a typical mother and homemaker and just wants the best for her family and children. Makes me think she will stand up to DP for Gunnu-Sattu when their reality is revealed because she will recognise and acknowledge their sacrifices.

It will interesting because she has made attempts to knock some sense in DP in regards to coercing his daughters to tie the knot without their permission but to no avail. Let's see. 

Dharmpal: Mera haath jaldi se majboot karde maata rani taaki main phir se apni parivar ki zimmedariyan utha saku aur apni betiyon ko dhoom dhaam se bida kar saku 

He wants to get back in power again as the breadwinner of the house and dreams of getting the girls married to the best of his ability, but failing to understand, that they may possibly have dreams of their own too beyond marriage and also indicating that while he has accepted Gunnu-Sattu and Puttu as part of K&S, ultimately as the head of the family, he considers it his responsibility to fend for his people. Call it ego or whatever, but the reality of Gunnu/Sattu will break him in the long-term.  

+1. I'll add my bit in regards to his take on Puttu taking over the shop when he has no enthusiasm whatsoever in chopping off hair or shaving beards. Rather, his interests lie in SM hence why his craftiness as a marketing lead for K&S. Even though Puttu did it because it lied in the family as it was the primary source since I'd assume, as a clerk, Shishupal has meager earnings thus why the loan & giving the room on rent. Speaking of Shishupal, if his cooking skills are given the chance, perhaps there will be better source of income. I've always wondered what is DP's view on men who sell food items such as confectioners or those work in restaurants as chef/waiters. I mean, they have legit reasons to take up those jobs. 

Shishupal: Is baar toh promotion karwade Maata Rani, Bhaisaab ke nazron mein uthna chahta hoon main..Puttu bhi apne baap pe proud feel kare..Chanchal bhi chaudi hokar ghoom sake 

All Shishu has ever wanted from his brother and family is for them to be proud of him. He wants the promotion, but not for himself, but to prove to others he is worthy. Felt bad when he told Sattu he made the snacks, then had to say that the girls did, it is actually a nice part of his personality to have a talent in cooking too. 

Yep, he does get undermined for his cooking abilities. But, he himself is allowing DP to domineer over him so jab takh bandha kudh kuch nhi bolega tab takh toh uski siti piti gul hoti rahegi as Chanchal & Mini have commented on men not be allowed to cook kyunki yeh toh chori ka kaam h.

Chanchal: Hey Mata Raani, inhe satbuddhi de, apne bhaisaab ke samne na thar thar patte ki tarah na kaape, tann ke khade ho. mera kamra bhi toh bachana hai aapko Gunnu aur Sattu se 

Chanchal has explicitly said in the past few episodes how she is indeed jealous of the family that Susheela is getting, because she gets the freedom and kind of relations that Chachi always hoped for in her own sasural. She asks for her husband to stand up for himself because she hates listening to Bhaisaheb 24x7 and does NOT want her son and posessions to be sacrificed for the family too. 

I find this reasoning valid because her parents gave her the possessions so DP technically has no right to touch on them w/o her permission. Puttu & Shishupal are already unwittingly following his command. I think, deep down, she wants a women's worth to be respected hence I don't really see her as selfish in that perspective. It's something she's witnessed and seeing a change would probably be something that she would appreciate it. Yeah, she does have slip-of-the-tongue moments but, TBH, she's oblivious to the kaand her son and nieces are involved in. 

Puttu: Aapki help se G.O.A.T Puttu ne 2000 followers toh cross kar liye hai, next target 10,000 ka hai, I know thoda zyada hai, par aap toh kar hi sakte ho..aap toh God ho..By God..

Bacche ne karli bacche wali baat, par seedha dil se nikli aur dil tak pahuchi..really hope he gets those followers soon and can start his journey towards his future video direction/editing/marketing career. 

I'm glad he's thinking for his success but I wish he also focuses on his studies. Perhaps, it can give new ideas on marketing lol. πŸ€ͺ

Susheela: Main toh aaj directly apne liye mangne wali hoon Maata rani, no strings attached! Mumbai jaane ki ticket dilwa do, bas Hooda ke mu se kehelwa do..yahi hai jiska mujhe intezaar tha  

Susheela totally gives off the vibe of being tired of this double wali life, where especially both Susheela/Sattu keep getting into trouble. She wants a break, she wants the freedom to spread her wings and fly and achieve her dreams of becoming an actress and meet Hooda. Let's see how her relationship with Pramod helps her see how she has to be grounded first to be able to take a safe take-off and where this aspiration takes her. 

Yep, she's openly stated that she's tired about role reversal consistently. While others are in agreement, she just wants breath of change. 

Garima: Do cheezon ki application daal rahi hoon Mata Rani: 1. K&S ko bachaye rakhna hai; 2. Vikram ke dil mein jagah banani hai apne liye, usko bhi mujhko dekh kar waisa feel ho jaise mujhe usko dekhkar hota hai..

Garima is most attached to K&S between the trio, since it gives a chance to fulfil her responsibility as a daughter, explore her hairstyling talent and also stay close to Vikram, who she truly wants to impress and make a place in his life. Whether the magic happens as Gunnu or Garima, either ways her priorities are right now very clear. She will definitely be heartbroken when the news of him being Jagat's brother comes to the fore. 

Regarding K&S, she seems more in tune with experimenting on new hairstyles or learning natural/organic methods to enhance the longevity of retaining hair. Unless they show Susheela experimenting w/ new methods in terms of shaving, then at this point, I only see Garima as the more dedicated employee of K&S. It would be interesting to see a back-and-forth conversation on experimenting with new hair styles & beards via SM. I mean, since Puttu is in SM, perhaps he can share posts with novel ideas on this. You know, in real life, that is what's been happening is viewing videos/posts on new experiments. Just a suggestion to the writers, but baaki unki marzi. It's just, in workplace, we constantly communicate a lot about our projects & research on it. 

Meanwhile, Dr. Pramod sitting in his car wondering: Relationship Status taken tha toh batana chahiye tha na Susheela ji, jab maine propose kiya tha tab aap Papa aur family ka gyaan de rahi thi..pata hai maine mazaak mein kiya tha..par batana toh chahiye tha..clarity toh rakhni chahiye thi na..par usne kaha tujhe koi commitment ya promise diya tha Pramod..bekaar mein hi senti ho raha hai yaar tu. Tu toh waise bhi London jaane wala hai..par ye ladka hai kaun?   

Pramod believed he had a chance with Susheela that he has lost, is questioning his own budding feelings of love and jealousy with regards to their fake-turned-kinda real relationship from his end, wants clarity about the boy and their current status, and has resigned to the fact that atleast he still has the choice to go back to London. My heart went out to him with how upset and heartbroken he was today with her half-truth. Hope this track helps him get his love! 

I think subconsciously he was trying to see where this relationship is headed towards. Too see Susheela bring another guy into the picture, it kinda made him wonder about his plans & the sudden disinterest in it. TBH, while it does hurt for him to see this, Susheela hasn't told him explicitly & the girl herself doesn't know what sort of bond she shares with such relying & depending on him for support because her own family members dismiss her thoughts/dreams. I feel while lying about Susheela as his girlfriend was more to please his family, the half-truth of Susheela mentioning another guy hurt him & this shows how detrimental half-truth can be especially jabh khud p padti h. 

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago
Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

So my baby pramod has fallen in love and yes lohri wishes showcase the entire cast character . Well yes , aur karo fake relationship and he is getting senti unaware with the ladka exist ni karta . Plus susheela wasn't able understand pramod feelings because he started with fake ... If you would speak clearly with a person ki mujhe tu pasand. ... Anyone will understand that .. don't worry pramod tumhara pyaar  safe hai πŸ€£...

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

Interesting POV.πŸ‘ I agree with a lot of points so you'll just find my points italicized just to differentiate it. πŸ˜†They will be more short because it is literally verbatim.

Kusum: It will interesting because she has made attempts to knock some sense in DP in regards to coercing his daughters to tie the knot without their permission but to no avail. Let's see. 

DP: +1. I'll add my bit in regards to his take on Puttu taking over the shop when he has no enthusiasm whatsoever in chopping off hair or shaving beards. Rather, his interests lie in SM hence why his craftiness as a marketing lead for K&S. Even though Puttu did it because it lied in the family as it was the primary source since I'd assume, as a clerk, Shishupal has meager earnings thus why the loan & giving the room on rent. Speaking of Shishupal, if his cooking skills are given the chance, perhaps there will be better source of income. 

Puttu: I'm glad he's thinking for his success but I wish he also focuses on his studies. Perhaps, it can give new ideas on marketing lol. smiley39

Susheela: Yep, she's openly stated that she's tired about role reversal consistently. While others are in agreement, she just wants breath of change. 

Garima: Regarding K&S, she seems more in tune with experimenting on new hairstyles or learning natural/organic methods to enhance the longevity of retaining hair. It would be interesting to see a back-and-forth conversation on experimenting with new hair styles & beards via SM. I mean, since Puttu is in SM, perhaps he can share posts with novel ideas on this. You know, in real life, that is what's been happening is viewing videos/posts on new experiments. Just a suggestion to the writers, but baaki unki marzi. It's just, in workplace, we constantly communicate a lot about our projects & research on it. 

Great idea! 

Pramod: Susheela hasn't told him explicitly & the girl herself doesn't know what sort of bond she shares with such relying & depending on him for support because her own family members dismiss her thoughts/dreams. I feel while lying about Susheela as his girlfriend was more to please his family, the half-truth of Susheela mentioning another guy hurt him & this shows how detrimental half-truth can be especially jabh khud p padti h. 

The difference lies in the fact that Kusum still listened to him there because she agreed that it was for the betterment for their daughters and she did not exactly have an objection with the two boys, but here it is the courage and determination of her daughters that has helped K&S stand strong, and DP trying to not acknowledge it or trying to cast them aside just because of social norms will not sit well with her. I dont really think she will try to sit and knock sense, instead she will just choose to avoid him and support the girls, which will irk him and they might have an argument where she lays out her own struggles and sacrifices for the family too, shocking them all that she remembers. 

Puttu is not fit to take over the operations per say, as a young boy (concerns even his parents had) and yet is handed the shop as he is considered the real waaris. He will do great in marketing and SM in the future, but here the case is of DP seeing his girls being motivated and talented and yet not allowing them to use their skills. Yes, K&S was the main source of income and he feels responsible for it, but if he had just allowed the girls to help him out (during the hospital track when Garima cooked the menu) + Shishupal could take up small catering orders on the side during the weekends when he has an off from college, the EMI could have been managed even without the girls having to become boys. 

He is well aware of Garima being interested in hair styling and Susheela liking boxing even though his encouragement has only been mainly for them to go the traditional route, get married and keep their hobbies on a personal level. He is not open to change or new ways of thinking and working, and wants to hold on to the orthodox thinking of the 19th century (wheelchair allegory) which is why it is possible Gunnu/Sattu may have actually revived a sinking business (reason he was not able to pay off the loan) to suit the youth. His friend with the pagdi has a farsan shop in Haathi Bazaar if I am not wrong, he just considers it to be an insult when Shishu is helping the ladies in the kitchen. Both are weighed on different measures in his eyes. 

Chacha and Chachi both spoke about promotion, self-respect and haq, neither of which can be labelled as selfishness. Yes, it will be nice for him to stand up for himself and his family once in a while instead of trying to be the ideal brother and devar. Could have made him have respect in his family's eyes and Chanchal not harbour such strong feelings of possessiveness for her belongings and son if her worth was not threatened by Bhaisaab who wants to control everything. Har cheez ki aur rishte ki ek seema ho toh hi accha lagta hai, ye bhaichaara is making Shishupal never having an identity of his own and thus, pushing them into further dependency on the older brother. It is high-time Puttu studies a bit too! If he is indeed 15, it means his Grade 10 board exams might come soon, and his entire future is compromised if he shuns that for this shop. I meant he could get a degree in film studies and marketing in the future since it is evident that route suits him best :)

We get where Susheela comes from, and she is right about not wanting to be tied up with something or the other constantly, but the timing is messed up! Her family, K&S and Pramod need her to be there for the loan to be paid off. Her father seems to have sacrificed his boxing dreams for the shop and while all of us agree history should not repeat, her thinking that she will get freedom and her dreams will come true if she runs off to Mumbai, that is not true. She will have to struggle, face failed auditions to get to the level where Hooda and alike will work with her/meet her. All Pramod is seeking for her is clarity at this point on their relationship, and if they are able to figure that out in terms of atleast dismissing Hooda as a competition, it will be great! 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

So my baby pramod has fallen in love and yes lohri wishes showcase the entire cast character . Well yes , aur karo fake relationship and he is getting senti unaware with the ladka exist ni karta . Plus susheela wasn't able understand pramod feelings because he started with fake ... If you would speak clearly with a person ki mujhe tu pasand. ... Anyone will understand that .. don't worry pramod tumhara pyaar  safe hai πŸ€£...

Pramod is seeing the other guy as an actual threat, because Susheela has never expressed her interest in him that way too, but at this point, all he mainly wants is her honesty and clarity on whether he should put in more time and efforts on a certain case. He was questioning his feelings because he likes spending his time with her now and has come to rely on her that way. Love how this makes him seem more like the Doctor he is, he is used to everything being exact and precise, and here's a girl who has upturned his world with her random ideas πŸ˜†

P: Kaho Na Pyaar Hai 

S: Kaha NAAA pyaar hai 

bluecool thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Puttu is not fit to take over the operations per say, as a young boy (concerns even his parents had) and yet is handed the shop as he is considered the real waaris. He will do great in marketing and SM in the future, but here the case is of DP seeing his girls being motivated and talented and yet not allowing them to use their skills. Yes, K&S was the main source of income and he feels responsible for it, but if he had just allowed the girls to help him out (during the hospital track when Garima cooked the menu) + Shishupal could take up small catering orders on the side during the weekends when he has an off from college, the EMI could have been managed even without the girls having to become boys. 

100% correct. If the girls had been allowed to take up any job to help the family financially then it would have helped them prove their worth to their father and able to keep their lives normal without deceiving anyone. But DP with his orthodox mentality forebad that and even started threatening them with suicide. They were forced to take this route to save their family. 

He is well aware of Garima being interested in hair styling and Susheela liking boxing even though his encouragement has only been mainly for them to go the traditional route, get married and keep their hobbies on a personal level. He is not open to change or new ways of thinking and working, and wants to hold on to the orthodox thinking of the 19th century (wheelchair allegory) which is why it is possible Gunnu/Sattu may have actually revived a sinking business (reason he was not able to pay off the loan) to suit the youth. His friend with the pagdi has a farsan shop in Haathi Bazaar if I am not wrong, he just considers it to be an insult when Shishu is helping the ladies in the kitchen. Both are weighed on different measures in his eyes. 

Chacha and Chachi both spoke about promotion, self-respect and haq, neither of which can be labelled as selfishness. Yes, it will be nice for him to stand up for himself and his family once in a while instead of trying to be the ideal brother and devar. Could have made him have respect in his family's eyes and Chanchal not harbour such strong feelings of possessiveness for her belongings and son if her worth was not threatened by Bhaisaab who wants to control everything. Har cheez ki aur rishte ki ek seema ho toh hi accha lagta hai, ye bhaichaara is making Shishupal never having an identity of his own and thus, pushing them into further dependency on the older brother. It is high-time Puttu studies a bit too! If he is indeed 15, it means his Grade 10 board exams might come soon, and his entire future is compromised if he shuns that for this shop. I meant he could get a degree in film studies and marketing in the future since it is evident that route suits him best :)

Chanchal doesn't seem must selfish nowadays.She is also fed up of the traditional orthodox thinking which is forced down upon her. She is very much appreciative of Pramod's mother's attitude and how it's time and again challenging DP's thinking. And recently, She was acting like the perfect jolly younger aunt who loves teasing the newly engaged couple. 

We get where Susheela comes from, and she is right about not wanting to be tied up with something or the other constantly, but the timing is messed up! Her family, K&S and Pramod need her to be there for the loan to be paid off. Her father seems to have sacrificed his boxing dreams for the shop and while all of us agree history should not repeat, her thinking that she will get freedom and her dreams will come true if she runs off to Mumbai, that is not true. She will have to struggle, face failed auditions to get to the level where Hooda and alike will work with her/meet her. All Pramod is seeking for her is clarity at this point on their relationship, and if they are able to figure that out in terms of atleast dismissing Hooda as a competition, it will be great! 

Susheela's aspirations are good and for a small town girl it's a big leap. But the timing is really not right. She will definitely face rejection and struggles as those are integral part of the industry which she wants to join. But does she have the maturity to face all that alone? If she has her family with her it would make a huge difference.

But knowing DP and his mentality, she probably is never going to broach the subject with the family. And her sister is currently occupied with saving K&s. It's up to Pramod to make her understand and plan to achieve her dream but after overcoming the current challenges.

Edited by bluecool - 3 years ago