Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: x_Roshni_x

um do u mean angelina jolie?

umm actualyl i dont agree with you angelina jolie has nothing to do with big b and also we cannot blame others for the bullying been doen by 3 girls!

I know exactly ...i think you need to be abit more careful small wonder...they not all the same ...at the end of the day this is one world you live in ..you have to learn to get along...being honest this treatment is not everyday occurance ..i live in the UK and in my whole life heard of it but never come across it myself...so i do not think its fair calling them names and grouping off asians.

shabari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
shilpa is there in BB out of her own choice. This should not be blown out of proportion and imagine the Indian govt also reacting also to this. they cannot do anything about the nithari killings in noida as they too are involved in all that racket. So they feel let's divert the issue by talking about Shilpa. The girl is paid ,so let her handle it or quit it. 😡
Monu-SunNaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: x_Roshni_x

what does burning effies mean?😳😳😳

ist all over the news...u cant miss it...sky news..bbc...men burning effigies of 'endemol producers' on streets in india

its just sad that its cum to this.

Edited by $weet Ema - 17 years ago
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I agree that shilpa should handle it herself but at the same time some of the comments were bordering on racism def and as an Indian, I was dissapointed and disgusted with those comments. They actually said that people are thin in india bcoz they eat undercooked food like how shilpa had made it . They also said indians eat food with their hands and thats why there is so much illness coz we dont know where the hands have been.Not only that , they called her a " dog" , " the Indian" one of them I think Jack called her " the paki" , yesterday when shilpa poured the soup with bones in the toilet  out of ignorance, jack told her mockingly that she should pick out the bones with her teeth , if this is not bordering in racism and bullying, I dont know what is andI am sure if it had been a britisher at big boss and something like this would have happened , they would have created chaos and a big hungama. As an Indian I feel I should atleast voice my opinion and stand against it and support shilpa , however its shilpa who should give them back and stay strong. The reason why shilpa isnt saying anything is bcoz she doesnt know that these ladies have said some nasty things behind her back .

below are some of what they said against shilpa

Here are some of the reasons behind viewers' fury.

"Goody's mother Jackiey (who has now been evicted) started calling Shilpa 'Sipla', then, sarcastically, 'princess' and finally, 'the Indian'," hotelier Girish Sanger told HT. "When Shilpa cooked chicken, Lloyd refused it, saying it was overcooked and that was why Indians were thin and sickly. She said, 'How do Indians eat with their fingers? One doesn't know where their fingers have been'," Sanger said.

The Guardian quoted Lloyd as having said of Shilpa, "She is a dog," and Goody as, "She makes me feel sick. She makes my skin crawl." The daily said that on Monday's show, "Shetty (had) ended up in tears".

Some also accuse Jack Tweed (Jade's boyfriend) of calling Shilpa a "Paki" during one of their fights and the trio also mocked her for bleaching her facial hair. In response, Channel 4 which airs the show has confirmed that Jack Tweed called fellow housemate Shilpa Shetty a "c**t", not a "Paki" but assured viewers that no racial abuse would be tolerated and Big Brother would be monitoring each contestant and will take appropriate action against the guilty

Edited by tina59 - 17 years ago
bena thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I have to say that I condemn the behaviour of the other housemates against Shilpa. As she rightly said, Jade is always looking for an argument. Granted that tempers are bound to flare in the house because of the conditions, but that happens everytime. But never have we encountered repeated insults against an entire race .....Indians are hygenic ......dog......paki...bleach their face to be white etc. At the onset it was just a plain case of bullying. But now it is entering the border of racism. Think about this, why haven't they made snide remarks about Americans when Dirk threw away the bottle of whiskey? Or about Jermaine? No, its always been about Indians. They translate everything she does as representing the Indian community which is totally unacceptable behaviour. However, I don't agree with people in India taking to the streets in protest. The best protest is for all to stop watching this programme. At the moment, all this publicity is fiving the producers free publicity which is what they want.
khanrocks thumbnail
imagine ash being in there , they are jealous because shilpa is very beatiful compared to them
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: egghatcher

Indians are hypocrites .....and conveniently so...

why not watch what is practised in our back yard first eh?

we still have to help with the emancipation of our backward tribes  before we are allowed the luxury of pointing a finger at some stupid jackie or the other  who has grown in a toilet paper society.. with wonderbread as the wholesome  meal .

so lets take a cue from this and harness ourselves to the friendship to our own downtrodden without debating whether the reservationism is good or not..

After all we Indians are the proud owner of the word hospitable .......charity must begin at home and stay with momma for ever..

😕😕😕

Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Mythili, I don't believe you can say that! I am a British Asian and I have been catching up on the news of BB and all the rest. One person said, "Shilpa is sufferring this for two weeks, we have been suffering this each and everyday, welcome to Britain Shilpa." I completely agree. I once went shopping to Tesco (A shopping market) where there was a car boot sale. I was looking round the stalls when once Englishman gave me such a nasty look that I couldn't believe it could ever happen in Leicester! Leicester is a multicutural city here in Britain and we (all the cultures) live here at peace and accept the values of each and every culture. So just becuase Shipa is getting money for BB, doesn't mean what is in the news doesn't highligh what we as Indians are thought of internationally.

Edited by magnificent me - 17 years ago
Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
.i also live in england and am a british asain and i think the behaviour of the housemates and their treatment of shilpa has been terrible. every night the whole episode revolves around them saying stupid things about her behind her back. then them making her look stupid and making her cry. the language used is disgusting and shilpa does not deserve this kind of treatment. they have specifically targeted her because they are jealous she's more prettier and more intelligent then them.
the comments made about india were rascist, they had no right to say those things. she hasnt insulted england so they had no right insulting india!!!!
other things like calling her a dog, saying she wants to be white and jack calling her a paki (though channel 4 deny this) really made me angry!!! 😡 😡
jermaine was the first to point that she was the only coloured female in the house and he's right. that is part of the reason she has been targeted 😡 Edited by angeleyes141 - 17 years ago
Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: angeleyes141

.i also live in england and am a british asain and i think the behaviour of the housemates and their treatment of shilpa has been terrible. every night the whole episode revolves around them saying stupid things about her behind her back. then them making her look stupid and making her cry. the language used is disgusting and shilpa does not deserve this kind of treatment. they have specifically targeted her because they are jealous she's more prettier and more intelligent then them.
the comments made about india were rascist, they had no right to say those things. she hasnt insulted england so they had no right insulting india!!!!
other things like calling her a dog, saying she wants to be white and jack calling her a paki (though channel 4 deny this) really made me angry!!! 😡 😡
jermaine was the first to point that she was the only coloured female in the house and he's right. that is part of the reason she has been targeted 😡

I agree...the haven't treated fairly. There seems to be a clash of cultures. I wish I could go in that house and tell them if I took one of you celebs (not shilpa) and put you in Bigg Boss for example, how would you feel if they made comments like that about you?

I bet this is a complete winner for Channel 4 ratings. That makes me feel bad that somebody actually sees the positive side of racism.