Surrender to the dance of uncertainty- Irrfan Khan

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Riz Ahmed honored Irrfan Khan in Gotham Awards acceptance speech

In the award show that was live-streamed, Ahmed accepted his award saying, “It’s been a really crazy year for all of us. It has been a time to reflect that we don’t get anywhere on our own. Our wellbeing is dependent on each other and I feel the same way about this project.”

He ended his speech, by quoting the late Bollywood star. “I also want to mention Irrfan Khan, another tremendous actor who we lost this year. His words ring in my ears in these uncertain times. His words were, ‘Surrender to the dance of uncertainty.’ It feels like a wobbly time. If we can wobble together we may find each other dancing,” Riz said.

The quote Riz invoked in his acceptance speech comes from the statement Irrfan's wife, Sutapa Sikdar, released after his death. "I asked my children, if possible, they could sum up a lesson taught by their father that has been important to them," she wrote, and their eldest son, Babil, said, "Learn to surrender to the dance of uncertainty and trust your faith in the universe."

Previously,

Riz had tweeted after irrfan death, "Rest in peace one of the greatest actors of our time, Irrfan Khan. I never met him but he was an inspiration and a hero to me and millions of others. His work was consistently transcendent, he was a guiding light for so many of us."

He added, "If you've not seen his work, watch The Lunchbox or The Warrior. A true artist who spanned Bollywood and Hollywood and was acclaimed in both. His words in a letter to a newspaper about his illness are a reminder of his beautiful mind and of life’s fragility. His work will live on."

This is the difference between Bollywood actor & Hollywood actors, When asked about their inspirations..

In a Twitter Q&A, asked about the performances that've inspired him the most in his career, Riz had replied, “Al Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon. Philip Seymour Hoffman and Irrfan Khan in everything.”