Incapability of balancing characters

Dwipanita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello guys, bohat dino baad kisi topic ko lekar discuss karne aayi hu. Yeh topic actually suru se hum sab keh rahe hai iss k baarein mein, main chahti hu yeh baat makers tak pauche as they visit this forum.. Characters ko equally Balance kar k chalna.. No, aj definitely kahungi makers failed to do that..

Naagin 5 ki suru se hi hum always kehte aaye the k makers ne kya banaya hai Veer character ko! Poore lockdown mein sayad poora dhyaan iss character pe dia. But at the same time unhone baaki 2 leads pe dhyaan hi nahi dia. Jisse characterwise koi development, koi interest dikha nahi.. Hum suru se kehte aa rahe hai Jay ko villain banana hai toh strong villain banao.. Aise chintu pintu types nahi. Focus on Bani's character as she is the Adinaagin, yeh show uss k nam pe hai.. Aj as Bani yeh character developed toh hua hai but as Adinaagin mujhe abhi tak kuch improvement nahi dikha, koi action nahi, koi revenge nahi, koi power nahi.. Bas family drama mein fasa dia..

But in the case of Jay, finally they improved his character and Mohit totally nailing it. But main kahungi yeh change laane mein late kar di. They could do it very before, yeh Chandrakala track na laake they could focus on Jay coj Adinaagin ki main enemy wohi hai. Socho Jay ko agar pehle se hi aise dikhaata toh kitna interesting ban jaata story.. But jo baat main keh rahi hu, incapability of balancing characters.. Aj makers ne Jay ko itna strong banaya toh dusri taraf our very favourite Veer ko ekdam down kar dia... Uss k character mein kuch interesting nahi dikha rahe hai. Yeh sharad ki acting hai jiske liye yeh character abhi bhi interesting hai.. Na cheel rajkumaar ka power dikha, na action, har 2 din mein koi bhi aake hypnotized kar jaata hai usse, ajkal story pe kuch special part nahi hai iss ka.. Totally spoiled kar dia...

Matlab yeh log ek pe focus kare toh baaki characters destroy kar dete hai.. What rubbish is this? Kal agar Adinaagin ko strong bana dia toh Jay and Veer ko down kar denge. Matlab ek saath teeno ko 3 strong pillars k rup mein dekhna ab sapna hi reh jaiga..

As the show will end soon, dear makers can we expect to see these three characters equally strong and important?? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Momrin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

They could show in chadni track that veer is in doubt why he is changing in behaviour that's why he fly away to moon to see who is doing all this and then a fight Between him and chandni..some savage dialogue and gesture from veer and power showing fight with chandni amd then coming back to his bani and then there sweet fight and gussa manana..that could be more interesting then totally powerless veer and all..chhodo powerless dikhaya thhik hai usme bhi at least veer as a human us gunde se ladai kar sakte the baad me har jaaye lekin usme bhi wo ek haat bhi hila nehi paya sirf gundo ke haato maar kha raha tha..jo jay uske ek dhakka se ud jata tha wo bhi veer se jayada dimag laga liya..veer just don’t have nothing to do only he is waiting for bani to rescue him by doing tandav and all..bani also being adi naagin do not showing any magical power rather then changing her image from snake to human and human to snake..i don't know hume itne saare ideas ate hai to naagin ke writer jo hai use kaise ye sab idea nehi ati hogi..she is a creative person!! 

Edited by Momrin - 3 years ago
Humes22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I have always said this and will keep saying it. When they started this show for some reason they wrote Veer's character perfectly. Every aspect of his character was perfect- the ziddiness/the attitude/his madness everything. Which is why from the get go he overshadowed Jai. I think maybe that was the point? Not sure but they focussed so much on Veer they forgot to focus on their third lead Jai's character arc. I mean we have seen Veer change and mellow with Bani's love and in his relationship. I don't want anybody to take this in the wrong way- but he was the strongest and most well written character in the show. He had his imperfections don't get me wrong but he was consistent in whatever he did. But again the focus was on Veer not Cheelon ka rajkumar they forgot about that. They forgot to develop that part of him- the reason he was meant to be so special in the first place. 

With Bani they focussed on her being Aadhi Naagin- when I say that I mean the title and saving the day. Only in recent episodes have we seen her powers. They have focused on her hate towards veer because of Satyug. They forgot to develop her as Bani Sharma and not just Naageshwari's incarnation. We have seen Bani change as she fell in love with Veer- but to see this change they put Veer's character to the side- because they realised they haven't focussed on developing Bani as Bani not aadhi naagin. Then we got moon-gate as a result. 

During this whole time they used Jai like a prop which was sad- if he is your third lead then treat his character better. You are right if this had been the Jai from the start then there was no need for another villain. They tried to make him a comedic villian- but I think after a certain point everyone stopped taking him or his plans seriously- because we all knew the outcome. Mohit has NAILED all his scenes- he would have overshadowed markaat easily and anyone else had they developed this  character earlier. 

All three MS/SC/SM are brilliant actors in my opinion- the writing has really let them down. But each time they have performed I would love to now see a showdown between all three of them it would be amazing. But as Aadhi naagin and aadhi naag and cheelon ka rajukumar. Imagine that scene. 

RaniZelda thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I agree with you all. Huma said it - in the beginning, they focused on writing Veer's with the greatest depth (and as Veer the person not the Cheel Rajkumar, which was only hinted at). At the same time, they wrote Bani as Adi Naagin only - in the sense that her entire reason for being was her supposed revenge, and all of her interactions with Veer at that point were shrouded by that Satyug cloud. Who Bani Sharma actually was seemed less important.

Which is all fine, because at the beginning of the story, they needed that push-pull dynamic. Bani was smarting because of the curse she'd been given as a result of being too trusting of Aakesh and the cheels. The only thing she knew at that point was that she was here to take revenge for that betrayal, and be with her janmon-janmon ka saathi. 

But the problem is they then fell into those roles for too long, and the writers forgot to develop those other sides of them. Everyone has always talked about how Bani's character (as a person and as Adi Naagin) has been underdeveloped, and to an extent I would agree with that (as many know, I am not as hard on Bani as a lot of people here). But I would also say this - and with a disclaimer that I love Veer with my whole heart, and mean no disrespect against him - the writers also did him dirty. His cheel side was never really developed beyond the occasional display of powers. In the beginning he was smart, super smart, but still there were inconsistencies: the number of times he was lured away/deceived by Jai and captured, the fact that he somehow never got wind in all these years of his family's bad dealings, despite literally the whole world (including people like Noor) knowing this...? Like I say, I love Veer, and would maintain that he has been - despite everything - the most consistently written character throughout, but even he was not as well developed as he could have been. 

As for Jai, as a plain love interest he was boring and bland, and no wonder that VAni's chemistry shone through. When they first showed him being evil I was excited, because that seemed like a turning point, and he was working with Mayuri and Shukla and it all seemed like one day it would come to a head. But then it descended into a comedy of errors, to the point that we basically trolled the heck out of the character for ages. Turning him into Veer's long-lost bro was a stupid move, IMO, and a desperate attempt to keep him relevant. We've seen how good Jai can be as a proper villain if given the chance, and if they'd kept him the main villain instead of bringing Chandrakala, he could have done wonders. 

Having three leads to balance writing for can be tricky, no doubt, but surely it's not impossible. I think the writers kept the shadow of Satyug hanging over our heads for so long (which fuelled Bani's nafrat for longer than we would have liked) that it overshadowed who the characters are in this janam. 

I keep saying this, but I feel like the Navratri track was the point at which the failures of writing and balancing the characters really started to unravel the plot. It's why they sped up the Vani "progression" to the point that some feel it was too fast, and why tracks feel randomly inserted because they were too busy chasing TRPs to stop and actually develop their characters organically.

As ever, my complaints are all directed at the writing, not at the actors. They've given their all to this show, and have at various points impressed us all. With better writing, they'd have soared even higher. 

Edited by RaniZelda - 3 years ago
Humes22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniZelda

I agree with you all. Huma said it - in the beginning, they focused on writing Veer's with the greatest depth (and as Veer the person not the Cheel Rajkumar, which was only hinted at). At the same time, they wrote Bani as Adi Naagin only - in the sense that her entire reason for being was her supposed revenge, and all of her interactions with Veer at that point were shrouded by that Satyug cloud. Who Bani Sharma actually was seemed less important.

Which is all fine, because at the beginning of the story, they needed that push-pull dynamic. Bani was smarting because of the curse she'd been given as a result of being too trusting of Aakesh and the cheels. The only thing she knew at that point was that she was here to take revenge for that betrayal, and be with her janmon-janmon ka saathi. 

But the problem is they then fell into those roles for too long, and the writers forgot to develop those other sides of them. Everyone has always talked about how Bani's character (as a person and as Adi Naagin) has been underdeveloped, and to an extent I would agree with that (as many know, I am not as hard on Bani as a lot of people here). But I would also say this - and with a disclaimer that I love Veer with my whole heart, and mean no disrespect against him - the writers also did him dirty. His cheel side was never really developed beyond the occasional display of powers. In the beginning he was smart, super smart, but still there were inconsistencies: the number of times he was lured away/deceived by Jai and captured, the fact that he somehow never got wind in all these years of his family's bad dealings, despite literally the whole world (including people like Noor) knowing this...? Like I say, I love Veer, and would maintain that he has been - despite everything - the most consistently written character throughout, but even he was not as well developed as he could have been. 

As for Jai, as a plain love interest he was boring and bland, and no wonder that VAni's chemistry shone through. When they first showed him being evil I was excited, because that seemed like a turning point, and he was working with Mayuri and Shukla and it all seemed like one day it would come to a head. But then it descended into a comedy of errors, to the point that we basically trolled the heck out of the character for ages. Turning him into Veer's long-lost bro was a stupid move, IMO, and a desperate attempt to keep him relevant. We've seen how good Jai can be as a proper villain if given the chance, and if they'd kept him the main villain instead of bringing Chandrakala, he could have done wonders. 

Having three leads to balance writing for can be tricky, no doubt, but surely it's not impossible. I think the writers kept the shadow of Satyug hanging over our heads for so long (which fuelled Bani's nafrat for longer than we would have liked) that it overshadowed who the characters are in this janam. 

I keep saying this, but I feel like the Navratri track was the point at which the failures of writing and balancing the characters really started to unravel the plot. It's why they sped up the Vani "progression" to the point that some feel it was too fast, and why tracks feel randomly inserted because they were too busy chasing TRPs to stop and actually develop their characters organically.

As ever, my complaints are all directed at the writing, not at the actors. They've given their all to this show, and have at various points impressed us all. With better writing, they'd have soared even higher. 

Word sister 👏🏼 the writers forgot to develop both sides of their kalyug characters. Which is why it’s been a let down. There were three leads but they gave us six characters technically and they just couldn’t juggle it all. When I’m fact they should have blended the supernatural halves with their human halves. 

You are right after Navatri and the whole truth came out. That was their chance to start with a clean slate. That could have been Jais breaking point because at that point Bani made it clear that she was superior to him. Then we could have got this psycho Jai. They lost the plot for TRP but I’m just happy the show ran it’s intended course and wasn’t pulled of earlier. So I know I haven’t been cheated out of any BTS/VANI/Sharbi moments. 

RaniZelda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Humes22

Word sister 👏🏼 the writers forgot to develop both sides of their kalyug characters. Which is why it’s been a let down. There were three leads but they gave us six characters technically and they just couldn’t juggle it all. When I’m fact they should have blended the supernatural halves with their human halves. 

You are right after Navatri and the whole truth came out. That was their chance to start with a clean slate. That could have been Jais breaking point because at that point Bani made it clear that she was superior to him. Then we could have got this psycho Jai. They lost the plot for TRP but I’m just happy the show ran it’s intended course and wasn’t pulled of earlier. So I know I haven’t been cheated out of any BTS/VANI/Sharbi moments. 

@bold - yeah, this is the saving grace, really. I'd love for the show to have an extension but only if we could guarantee a return to the characters and tracks we fell in live with to begin with, which is ofc impossible. But at least we got as much as we could from SharBhi and VAni, and have a ship that's had some pretty great moments for us to cherish. 

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Hey, Dwipi🤗, long time behen.They clearly seem to have forgotten that there are 3 leads in the show, not one. And it's not that the Naagin team has not done the balancing act before. They have done it with 2 naagins and 1 human. Be it Shivanya, Ritik, and Shesha or Bela, Mahir, and Vishakha. So I clearly don't get what is the problem here.

They should have shown the Satyug characters with Surbhi, Mohit, and Sharad. Instead, they did it with Hina, DD, and Mohit. Disconnect wahi se start ho jaata hai. Kyunki phir compare karne lagte hai hum. Ye aisa nahi hai, woh waisa nahi hai. Hina and DD did a fine job no doubt. But, Mohit and Surbhi could not be connected to the Satyug characters, and Sharad excelled beyond expectations with the Satyug character. Naageshwari and Aakesh were the most potent characters jisko Hina and DD justified totally, but when we came to the present, Surbhi could not justify Hina and Sharad did even better than DD.

They have written 3 leads and the well-written character should ideally have been Surbhi's and then balance Mohit's and Sharad's around her. Show ka naam Naagin hai, so she is supposed to hog the limelight ideally. Ulta, they put the spotlight on Veeranshu Singhania, who is supposed to be the grey hero. And did not put in the effort to push Surbhi to work more as Adi Naagin or Mohit to work more as Adi Nag.

And now, they have not just rushed the entire plot, but they have gone off balance. In an attempt to pull up Jai as villain and Bani as Adi Naagin, they are nullifying the strength of Veeranshu's character. Veeranshu is not just sanki Aakesh who only has sanki pyaar for Bani. He is a smart guy, who has Cheel ki chalaki,  a capable leader, and a prince as well. 

The entire thing is such a mess, really. Adi Naagin does not know what to do - to love or to take revenge. Adi Nag looks like he has become strong basis killing Chandrakala, and before that he was just a greedy Nag. Veeranshu looks like lost amongst his own and succumbing to all the threats meant for Adi Naagin. I mean come on bro, he is a Cheel prince for crying out loud, show some respect for the character you created. But these people destroyed the story, so why will they refrain from destroying Veeranshu.

CherryBucket thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Humes22

They should have let Naagin4 run it’s course. A break of several months then Naagin5 could have been a short 4 episode ‘feature film’ with Satyug cast. Then they should have brought Naagin6 this year with Surbhi / Sharad / Mohit which I think was probably the original plan. By cancelling N4, starting N5 immediately and promoting just Hina / Dheeraj over the main Kalyug cast while also shifting their crappy N4 writers to N5 they killed the show before it could even start.

We also need to remember that the only reason why leads didn’t walk out of this show is that it’s an EK show and Surbhi, Mohit and Sharad are part of her friend circle. They really did her a favour by staying and acting well enough to generate huge social media interest (if not trps). I hope EK remembers this and rewards them with well written projects. They deserve it.

Humes22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CherryBucket

They should have let Naagin4 run it’s course. A break of several months then Naagin5 could have been a short 4 episode ‘feature film’ with Satyug cast. Then they should have brought Naagin6 this year with Surbhi / Sharad / Mohit which I think was probably the original plan. By cancelling N4, starting N5 immediately and promoting just Hina / Dheeraj over the main Kalyug cast while also shifting their crappy N4 writers to N5 they killed the show before it could even start.

We also need to remember that the only reason why leads didn’t walk out of this show is that it’s an EK show and Surbhi, Mohit and Sharad are part of her friend circle. They really did her a favour by staying and acting well enough to generate huge social media interest (if not trps). I hope EK remembers this and rewards them with well written projects. They deserve it.

I haven’t watched any of the previous seasons so not sure why or what happened with N4 but maybe you’re right in the sense that’s it’s been naagin overload and it’s lost that uniqueness so people switched over to other shows. Which in turn affected TRPS. I never have understood the TRP game to be honest. 

I think all three of them have nailed their respective scenes and are fabulous actors and thorough professionals. There have been some absurd storylines like moon-gate. And I am sure if we all find them comical these guys probably too as well. But never once did they ever let it show on screen or even off screen on their BTS. I think this speaks for their professionalism and it’s not just about being part of the producers friend circle. I do think Ekta knows and understands impact Vani/SHarbi have made online otherwise she would have pulled the plug on this show a long time ago. She can be ruthless like that too lol I know that too well 😆

RaniZelda thumbnail

I thought part of the reason for N4's unceremonious dumping was also COVID? It was pulled off quite soon into the pandemic, right? So that coupled with the low TRPs may have contributed to it. 

I agree though that having the season start with three different actors, who were heavily promoted over the main cast, did not do the season any favours. When I started hearing about N5 (and had no intentions to watch), all I saw were articles about Hina Khan leading the show. Her fanbase is incredibly large, maybe even more so than Surbhi's, so I think they were all blindsided by the fact that she was only in it for 3 eps. I don't think the creatives made that clear - they promoted it as if she was the main lead for the whole season. So when she left, her fans all left with her, and understandably I guess it left a bit of a bad taste in people's minds. So from the start, the actual main leads weren't very well promoted, and then had to face being compared to Hina/Dheeraj/Mohit M. 

Personally, though I think Hina is a good actress, I didn't really connect  to or care about the Satyug storyline (esp since it was essentially an extended season 4 finale). And DD is not my cup of tea either. But if they'd led with Sharad/Surbhi/Mohit, and had them play the Satyug chars as well as the Kalyug ones, and promoted it properly that way, there may not have been such an initial disconnect.