PV SS - A Royal Ruckus

B-onesie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

A Royal Ruckus

Chapter 1:

“Wow, that girl is hot. She looks Indian. Do you know her, Scindiya?”

Yash looked at his friend, with incredulity.

“You know I don’t know every Indian in the world right. Smithey?”

“Sorry, that was a bit stereotypical” Smithey apologized.

“A bit” he said sarcastically. 

He looked up none the less to see who Smithey was referring to.  And indeed she was very hot.  She was wearing a sexy halter neck red silky romper and beige wedge heels that laced up to her knees.  Her hair was in a high ponytail with large hoops adorning her ears.

He was shocked to realize that she indeed looked familiar.  He had to squint and lean forward as the light in the club was very dim.

He shook his head. No, he thought, it couldn’t be her. Her parents would never allow her out of India, least of all in one of the most popular clubs in London, unchaperoned. He carried on enjoying his drink and chatting to his companions.

She looked a bit young, but his eyes seemed to seek her out involuntarily.  She was on the dance floor most of the time and was looking even more enticing.  He couldn’t remember when he last dated an Indian girl.  He had been living in England most if his life.  His family lived here for the children’s schooling and went home for the holidays.  When Prateek was 13, it was decided that the family would move back to India and Yash, 16 at the time and Prateek would stay at boarding school.  Pankaj bhai was at university in the USA and would go to Law school there as well.  So they were a pretty metropolitan family for the most part.

He had since completed an MBA in Business Analytics and had joined his youngest Uncle, Aakash Scindiya Enterprises Europe.  His current companions were the London Elite, even extending to Royalty.  Most were lifelong friends that he made at school and University. After all in a club like this only elite would be allowed not the mention afford the exorbitant prices. But he like the exclusivity as well as the anonymity that he would never have in India being from the Scindiya family.

His traveled extensively between Europe and India but his life was pretty much his own, apart from his mom occasionally reminding him that he should settle down and who she had in mind.  As liberal as his family was, arranged marriage was still very much a thing. Not that it bothered him that much or rather it was not part of his reality yet.

Eventually he felt compelled to go and meet this beauty as she made her way to the bar.

She just got the bar and was trying to get the bartender's attention.

“Tony.” She heard behind her and looked around.  He continued taking to the bartender.

“Yash! Hi, long time no see. Been jet setting again. .” The bartender came to their side and they did a fist bump totally dismissing her.

“You know it.” He replied.

“How can I help?”

She was now seriously annoyed. These two were having a jolly old catch up session and ignoring her completely.  She was opened her mouth for a solid rant when he spoke again.

“Please can you take this young ladies order and put it on my tab.”

The audacity she thought, giving him an him an angry glare.

“Excuse me, I can pay for myself.”

“Tony is waiting for your order?” he smiled infuriating her even more by disregarding her statement.

Nevertheless, she turned around and gave the order.

“And another regular for me, T-man.” He said.

She turned around fully and stared at him now.

“Hmm, I’ve heard so much about you, but I must say I underestimated you.  The level of your arrogance far exceeds my expectations.”

Her voice was a bit raspy and as sexy as she was.  She spoke fluent English with just a hint of an accent.

“So you know who I am?”

“Of course.”

“Well I don’t have the same pleasure. May I ask your name?”

“You may?”

There was silence, which amused him.

“Ok, I’ll bite. Dear Madam, pray tell, what is your name.”

“Aarti Singh” she said

“No way!?”

“What do you mean?” she said furiously.

“You can’t be.  Aarti Singh, Abishek Singh’s daughter?”

“Yes.”

“No, it can’t be. How are you here, looking like this. Yourfamily is so, so …”

“So what?” she asked warningly.

“Well traditional for lack of better word.”

“Drinks are here” Tony interrupted.

She turned around and took the tray.

“You don’t know me or my family. So don’t make judgments.  Now for being so rude and presumptuous, you can actually pay for the drinks.”

She walked off and he kept looking at her.

“Yash, is that your next conquest?”

He turned around.

“It might just be Tony. It might just be.”

“Well she walked off with your drink.  Should I get you another?”

“No, I will go and get it. And send someone to my table to get their orders too, please?”

Tony gave him a thumbs up.

He made his way to her table as she was distributing the drinks.

“Excuse me?”  He said.

She turned around.

“I am paying for this so can I at least have my own drink.  I mean, if you don’t mind?”

She gave him his drink.

He didn’t take it.

“I see you love to dance. Could I perhaps have the next dance?”

“What?” she said, drink still in hand.

“Please?” he said taking the drink out of her hand and putting it back on the table.

She didn’t answer.

“Pretty please?”

She didn’t know what made her say yes.  Probably the shock of him asking her to dance.

The next moment she was on the dance floor dancing with a man that she detested from afar for most of her life.  The Scindya’s and Singh’s were arch enemies.

“So what brings you to England?”

“I’ve been going to school here since I was 16 and now I am at college.  Not Ivy league like the great Yash Scindiya but the best school in the country for Interior Design.”

“Ok, why the need to defend your school, though? And I know your brother, Junior went to Oxford. He was 3rd year when I was first year.”

“I know your kind.”

“My kind?  You are from the family that have direct links to the royalty and treat everyone else that are not from the same class as yours as outcasts.  So pray tell, what my kind is?”

“Excuse you!? We are nothing like that.”

“No?”

“Absolutely not.” But she couldn’t meet his eyes.  She knew that her family could be quite snobbish at the best of times. But she was not going to admit to him.

“Mmmmm, let me see. So my family is one of the wealthiest in India and even the world.  We own business enterprises all over the world and are held in high esteem everywhere. My great-grandfather was a subsistence farmer.  My grandfather started our business by the sweat of his brow and many, many loans by mortgaging the farm and buying the adjacent one.  What started off as one of the first working guest farms that nearly collapsed multiple times is now not only a chain of high boutique hotels, not to mention our interests in the retail, finance and IT world.  Your family inherited your businesses and wealth.   What would your parents say if they saw us like this?  I would certainly not be deemed worthy of being so close to Her Royal Highness, Princess Aarti.

She looked down.

“Rubbish! And I am not a princess.” she said but her voice was not as firm as would have like.

“Is it though, your ladyship? But never mind that.  I still can’t understand that you are here and dressed like this.  As far as I am aware, you girls are watched like hawks and only wear traditional wear.”

“Well, I am special and very persuasive.  I managed to be convince bauji that I can be trusted and the best place for me to be is here.  My siblings seem to think that because I am the youngest, I am spoilt and pretty much get my way.”

“You know, I can see that not many people are unaffected by you.  You are very intriguing.”

She just looked up at him with a quizzical look.

“I would like get to the bottom of the intrigue.”

“That would be very difficult since we won’t be seeing each other again.” She said.

As if on que, the music ended and she started walking off the dance floor. He grabbed her hand.

“Oh but we will, we surely will.” He said as he let her hand gently slide out of his.

He was the one that walked away this time, leaving her to look at his receding frame with perplexity.

He smiled and thought to himself, that she was very wrong about that. He very much intended to see her again.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tatum86 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

thanks loved your story very interesting waiting to see what happens in next chpt

B-onesie thumbnail

Chapter 2

A few days later Aarti was walking from college back to herflat, when she realized that she knew the tall individual leaning against the veryexpensive sports car parked in front of her block of flats. 

She walked at her own pace as he was watching herunashamedly with an annoying smirk on his face.

“How did you find out where I live?” she started off whenshe reached him.

“Well hello to you too and to answer your question, it waspretty easy.”

“You can’t just rock up at someone’s home you know.” Shecountered.

“I couldn’t call. I don’t have you number.”

She looked at him with a frown, calling out his fib withouta word.

“Ok, actually I do.  Ijust wanted to prove you wrong.” He admitted.

“What do mean?”

“You said that we are not going to be seeing each otheragain.”

She still looked at him with a look of utter exasperation.

“What do you want?” she went straight the point.

“You.”

“What!”

“I mean a date with you.”

“The answer is no.”

“Why not.”

“Number 1, I don’t like you. Number 2, my parents will havea fit as you rightly surmised when we were dancing the other night and Number3, I really don’t like you.”

“Good.”

“Huh?! What do you mean, good?” he was so confusing.

“Number 1, you don’t like me because you don’t know me. So Iam giving you an excellent opportunity to get to know the “great YashScindiya”.  Your words, not mine. Number2, we have something in common, my parents will have a fit too. Seemingly thenuveau riche feel entitled to snobbishness too and number 3, I really am agreat guy and you will love spending time with me once you get to know me.”

She was struggling to maintain her composure.  He was really quite entertaining in a glibsort of way and so very handsome. His was quick with his answers too, soclearly not a dimwit. She kept thinking about him since the night at the club,but she really didn’t think that she would see him again.  At least not so soon.

“Ah, I see a smile.” He said victoriously.

“Has anyone ever told you that you are completelyincorrigible and not to mention presumptuous?” she asked.

“Ah yes, I was called presumptuous once.  By you I believe. Otherwise, no, I don’tthink so.  I’ve been handsome,Intelligent, Sexy, Irresistible ….”

“Not to mention flashy.” She interjected pointing at hiscar.

“So? What does Junior and Rajesh drive (her brothers)?  And your parents? Can they even driveanymore, since been chauffeur driven for so many years.”

“This is different. Here nobody knows who I am and I don’t want to draw attention to myself.And you can get me into trouble.  Thecaretakers are my parent’s eyes and ears here. ”

“I won’t get you into trouble, promise.”

She looked at his car and then at him wordlessly questioninghis promise.

“I know, I know, but here I am just another guy with a nice car.I am not followed by the media nearly as much as I would be at home. Can’t aguy enjoy a bit of freedom.”

“And this freedom allows you to “date” whoever you please.”

“Well, yeah.  That isa plus.”

“Just so you know.  Iwill not be your next CONQUEST.”

“Could you at least be my next dinner date?”

“Why?”

“I don’t know? I just seem to be very intrigued by you.  You’re different.  Not like anyone I have ever met.  I mean we’ve met before in India at functionsbut it’s like I’m seeing you in a brand new light.  Truth be told I’ve asked myself that veryquestion these past few days and somehow I ended up here, still not having ananswer.”

There was something raw and honest about what he had justsaid. She stared at each other for a long time. She was torn.

“Let me think about it. Call me Friday.”

“Ok, I will make dinner reservations for Friday.” He said.

“I said call me. No dinner reservations.”

“Ok, I’ll call.”

“And not before, Ok?”

“Sure? “He asked.

“Yes, I’m sure.  Ineed to give this some thought.  I amsupposed to not like you and I have not liked you for at least 18 of my 20years.  So I think I deserve some time,don’t you?”

“But …. But, you have disliked me without actually reallyknowing me, so I think I deserve a chance, don’t you?”

“I don’t know.  As Isaid, I will have to think about it. Speak to you on Friday.”

She walked off.  Shesmiled to herself.  She didn’t want himto see.  When she got to the entrance ifthe block of flats, she turned around and gave him one last look.

He gave her a dazzling smile. She turned her head andentered the flat, again smiling to herself.

Aarti couldn’t fathom what was going on with her.  As long as she could remember she haddisliked the Scindiya’s.  Especially theflamboyant playboy middle son.  She hadgotten the impression, mostly from her father that they were untrustworthytypes and the wealth that they acquired was not quite above board.  The times she had seen him at functions hewas always surrounded by women and he seemed to lap it up. He was a notoriousfor his wild lifestyle in Europe. 

Why then was she even considering this?  He did not call the entire week, but he hadsent gifts every day.  She loathed toadmit that she loved every one of them. They were cute and unique. Interestingly,nothing flashy or overtly expensive like teddy bears, chocolates and flowers.  It was Thursday night and she still had notmade up her mind.  She was still so tornand she couldn’t fall asleep.  He was sohandsome and so persuasive, but he could also be arrogant and he was anundisputed ladies’ man.  What if she didgo out with him and her parents found out. Most importantly, why was she even considering this?

He was right.  Herfamily was very traditional.  Her fatherwas very aware that they were close relatives to the Royal Family ofJodhpur.  There were certain expectationsfor her, even who she should marry.  Datingwas not on the cards at all, least of all dating the enemy. 

She was the apple of her father’s eye.  She was the youngest of 3 and the onlydaughter.  He absolutely doted onher.  It was not easy to persuade him tolet her complete her high school and tertiary education abroad, but she managed.  The first couple of years she had stayed withrelatives.  But since her college wasoutside of London, she asked to stay either in the dorm or in a flat.  They had eventually agreed on a flat as herparents thought that dorms were where good girls turned bad.  Though they still had an eye on her though.  The flat was run by an elderly Indiancouple.  2nd generationEnglish, yet still very traditional and very impressed by the fact that theynow knew Indian royalty personally.  Theywere sworn to silence and she was sure her parents paid them, not only for theirsilence but also to keep an eye on her.  Thankgoodness, they had not been home when he made his unexpected appearance. Theymissed nothing and would report back to her parents in no time. She had a hardtime explaining the gifts that had arrived during the week.  She told them it was a secret admirer and didnot know how to get into contact with him to stop the gifts from coming. Sheeven gave them most of them to prove her point.

She looked over at the cute and cuddly tiara wearing lamateddy that he sent her earlier that day and smiled.  She fell in love with this one instantly, andwas not about to part with it.  Shelooked at the clock and groaned.  It wasmidnight and her mind was still raging. She pulled the blankets over her head as if to ease her rampantconfusion.

Then she heard her phone ring and picked it up, knowing whoit would be.

“It’s Friday.” He said with not no greeting.

“It’s midnight!” she replied.

“It’s a minute past. So what are you wearing to our dinner?”

“I haven’t said yes.”

“You haven’t said no.”

“I have to say no.”

“But you want to say yes, right?

“Presumptuous again?”

“No, just confident about my intuition on this.  Why do you have to say no?”

“You know why.”

“The only thing I know is that I have to see you again.  I know you feel the same.”

“Does your presumptuousness ever end?”

“At least admit to yourself that I am right.”

She sighed.

“Ok.”

“Ok what? You admit or you will go out with me?”

“The second one.”

“Really?!”He said with excitement evident in his voice.

“Yes.”

“Wow that is awesome. I’ll pick you up at …”

“No, I’ll meet you. Some of the trees are on their side.”

“I like you even more now, I too am a fan of the Narniafranchise.”

She smiled.

“It’s late.  I have anearly class tomorrow. I have to go.”

“Looking forward to seeing you later.  I will send the details during the course ofthe day.  Sweet dreams, princess.”

She disconnected.  

She lay back down, nervously excited about the prospect ofseeing him later.  Her restlessness lefther as a peaceful and happy slumber set in.

She knew the restaurant. It was a very exclusive place in the outskirts of London.  She was at a loss for what to wear.  She settled for a mid-length silver 1950’sstyle cocktail dress with a high neck and flare skirt and dove grey high heeledpumps.  All couture of course.  Her hair was in a messy bun and big silverand gold earrings adorned her ears.  Shehad to admit to herself she looked good and hoped also that he would think so too.

She entered the restaurant nervously.  She was shown to his table.  He stood up when he saw her and looked at herwith an appreciation them made her heart jump.

“Hi” he said and pulled out a chair for her to be seated.

“Hello.  Sorry I’mlate.  I could lie and blame traffic buttruth be told I couldn’t decide what to wear on a date with THE YashScindiya.”

“Well, then I have to forgive your tardiness because youlook amazing.  More like a 50’s moviestar than an Indian princess.”

“I’m not a princess.”

“No?”

“No and you know it. Bauji is only 2nd cousin to the Maharaja.”

“Oh well …” he said mockingly.

“Did you invite me to mock me? “She asked.

“No, I invited you because you have a very strange effect onme and I have to find out what it is. I told you this.”

“I see. I have been wondering if you said that to all yourconquests.”

“Conquests? Are you saying you are my conquest?”

“One does not answer a question with a question, Mr.Scindiya.”

“Ok, the answer to your question is this.  I have never ever said that to anyone.  I have never asked lady out twice thatrefused me.  I have never waited a wholeweek to contact a girl because she told me she wanted to think about whethershe wants to go out with me or not. You are a first in so many ways and itbaffles me completely.”

“You don’t appear to be baffled.”

“This is all a façade. I was petrified that you would say no, and I was petrified that youwouldn’t show tonight. Even now I feel …. Well quite unsettled.  It’s strange not knowing exactly where thisis going.”

“You mean we are not going to a bedroom somewhere andgetting our freak on?”

He chuckled.

“You’re cute.  When last have I heard that phrase but yes,that’s was normally the end result of my dates. But now, yes, there is a sense of the exploring the unknown here.  And you know what?  I can’t remember a time that I felt thisinsecure.”

She smiled.  She likedthe fact that he could feel insecure, and be honest about it.

“And I am still unsure if I should be here or not.  But I could not stay away.” She decided to behonest with him too.

He smiled.

“Let’s order.  We havesome time to figures things out.  Alifetime perhaps?”

“Perhaps” she replied as she reached for the menu.

Edited by B-onesie - 3 years ago
tatum86 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

interesting thank you

zuby87 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thanks for the story B it is quite intriguing, I can't wait to read more.....

Tessaloni thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Just peeked into the forum and found the most amazing surprise! 

Tessaloni thumbnail

I want more! 😡 

But seriously, it's so dreamy!  I've so missed your stories! This had a pride and prejudice feel to it initially with them both having presumptions about the other thus being prejudgmental, and of course pride (ego) and arrogance that comes from their backgrounds. 

I love that he is persistent and managed to wear her down until she could but agree to date him. I'm excited to see the ruckus they'd cause to the most royal degree!

I get the feeling they're both headstrong, attached to their families but quite aware of the faults in said families. I'm thus curious to see the degree to which they'd ascribe to said families' wills and how they will reach their happy ending. 

Soooooo excited to read more! ❤️

Edited by Tessaloni - 3 years ago
B-onesie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tessaloni

I want more! 😡 

But seriously, it's so dreamy!  I've so missed your stories! This had a pride and prejudice feel to it initially with them both having presumptions about the other thus being prejudgmental, and of course pride (ego) and arrogance that comes from their backgrounds. 

I love that he is persistent and managed to wear her down until she could but agree to date him. I'm excited to see the ruckus they'd cause to the most royal degree!

I get the feeling they're both headstrong, attached to their families but quite aware of the faults in said families. I'm thus curious to see the degree to which they'd ascribe to said families' wills and how they will reach their happy ending. 

Soooooo excited to read more! ❤️

Hi Tessie Pooh,

I missed your comments more❤️

I just felt like writing again.  Nothing fancy though.

Just a lighthearted story of love.

I miss you guys.🤗

Tessaloni thumbnail

Originally posted by: B-onesie

Hi Tessie Pooh,

I missed your comments more❤️

I just felt like writing again.  Nothing fancy though.

Just a lighthearted story of love.

I miss you guys.🤗

So, when will you be posting? 😜 

We miss you too! ❤

surili1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi. You are back writing. That's awesome. Hope all is well :).