sona121 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I think the age gap between anokhi and shaurya is 10 years..what u guys think?? Let me know that...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail

There is an age gap of 10 years between them because their ages have been mentioned in this week's episodes. Anokhi is 19 and Shaurya is 29.

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sona121

I think the age gap between anokhi and shaurya is 10 years..what u guys think?? Let me know that...

Yes, he's 29 and she is around 19! 

Edited by Namita-M - 3 years ago
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Why are the shows emphasizing or encouraging marriage of barely adult girls ??

It’s so gross ...not because of age gap necessary but the thinking and reasoning behind these marriages 

Naive cute bubbly barely adult girl marrying men in their 30s for ...what exactly ? To further their dreams ? Only to forget them and then become good bahus who sit around bickering about what to make in the house or fighting against their MIL because of their lame hubbies

Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

Why are the shows emphasizing or encouraging marriage of barely adult girls ??

It’s so gross ...not because of age gap necessary but the thinking and reasoning behind these marriages 

Naive cute bubbly barely adult girl marrying men in their 30s for ...what exactly ? To further their dreams ? Only to forget them and then become good bahus who sit around bickering about what to make in the house or fighting against their MIL because of their lame hubbies

First of all the leads aren't getting married tomorrow itself. According to the OG story,they will get married only at a point where both characters as well as their relationship has progressed to a certain extent. Secondly the show never emphasized on Shaurya and Anokhi's marriage but on how Anokhi wouldn't compromise on her dreams to finish her studies for marriage. That's the basic premise of the show.

Also if minors can make out in Western shows then what's so gross about lawful adults getting married to each other? 

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: LawlessLawyer

First of all the leads aren't getting married tomorrow itself. According to the OG story,they will get married only at a point where both characters as well as their relationship has progressed to a certain extent. Secondly the show never emphasized on Shaurya and Anokhi's marriage but on how Anokhi wouldn't compromise on her dreams to finish her studies for marriage. That's the basic premise of the show.

Also if minors can make out in Western shows then what's so gross about lawful adults getting married to each other? 

Right because every show that has a premise follows it to a T

We will get same SP nonsense ...Anokhi becomes bahu at some point and then we see kitchen politics happening 

The marriage will absolutely not be by choice cause I can’t see a love story between the 2..both characters are set in their ways 

Finally minors making out and ppl getting into forced marriages at barely 18 are not the same thing

NotYourType thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 5

People get some kind of thrill seeing teenage girls getting married to guys much older than them. There is Ghum Hai Kisi Ke Pyaar Mein, Imlie and many other such shows. On the other hand, shows like peheredaar piya ki  get bashed and shut down due to the FL being older than the ML.

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Nothing wrong in 19 yrs FL marrying 29 yrs old ML or a 21-22 yrs old ML marrying a 29-30 yrs old FL..... if reason of marriage is love or care for each other or even empathy 

(NOT  forced / revenge / mission / cheat ...marriage)

But itv trp viewers ...are obsessed with former kind of marriages that too with ...forced / revenge / mission / cheat.

... and so itv makers bring them in dozens....

Edited by A4Anjie - 3 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail

Ten years age gap is too much, especially when he even looks much older and mature than her.

ITV predominantly female viewers seem obsessed with the Mills and Boon style of romance between older mature man and  young innocent woman, that’s a typical trope of romance novels since forever. 

somewhereover thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Did the OG story also have the same age difference between the lead characters?

I don't have an issue with age gap really but just wish Anokhi was a bit older since 19 seems really young to think of settling down and getting married. But then again she isn't thinking about that and has been forced into it. I guess if you fall in love then things might be difference and since this in Indian TV, I don't know how long they will prolong the dating stage. Hope they show their relationship build up over time before they get married.