Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

AUDIENCE REVIEW... CONTAINS SPOILERS

Okay so I have put myself through this for our Maroony, dude I hope you enjoy my plight before your new responsibilities take over πŸ˜†

Safe to say that the story wasn't meant for today's time...it doesn't age well to use again. In fact the first was that comes to ur mind is "why the hell aren't the girls stalking the guy's SM accounts like FBI agents" πŸ€£

And almost everything is the same. The dialogues, the scenes, even the acting in so many scenes. Varun imitates Govinda, Rajpal Yadav imitates Shakti Kapoor, Sahil Vaid imitates Harish to a great extent. So you can't help but imagine Govinda, Kader Khan, Karishma etc when you watch this version.

And as much as I love Jonnie Lever, I did miss Tiku Talsania as the inspector.

Sara is playing Sara lol its her character's name πŸ˜† She does much better than LAK but the emo scenes I couldn't take her seriously. She has to get better at crying πŸ˜†Also I gotta add here that Sara and Anju are totally different from Malti and Shalini. Their ages are also reversed I guess.

So it seems unreal when two very not so gullible women are being conned by a coolie and a driver.

There are alot of references to the original film. Heck they even used the original background music at a scene and Raj-Sara's music was heavily inspired from Raju-Malti's. The jokes remain the same throughout like ACBCDC Car and "Main jaa raha hu tere baap ke paas".

One scene was plagiarized from 3 Idiots, the one where Rancho gets into Piya's house and confesses he likes her but he's holding Mona's hand...so u get that they pasted the EXACT scene.

Varun even sings the OG's title track for a few seconds. Speaking of him, VD overdoes it too much. He tries to be Govinda but fails coz Govinda was effortless, you can see how many pains VD takes to act like our No. 1. Very caricaturish. There were scenes where I did laugh, but not at the jokes. πŸ˜† 

Most song situations stay the same, except that Raste Se becomes a dream sequence and Husn Hai Suhana becomes real life. Varun and Sara do look good together but unfortunately, its wasted potential. Because the romance in the OG was very innocent and cute, here the kisses and bikinis ruin it.

The funniest part for me was when they tried to pass of Bangkok as Mumbai πŸ€£ So there was this shot where Raju Sara come to the "Juhu" bungalow and you can see them standing against Mumbai street shops. Cut to the opposite side which is this mansion from Bangkok and we are to believe that these are the same place!!! Its not like K3G where we see the Raichand haveli (from UK) standalone and we're to think Delhi, they've actually cut from one frame to another and its too freaking hilarious πŸ€£ And ya the house is the same one from Main Tera Hero πŸ€£

The team does credit everyone from the music department surprisingly, that too before the new version's composers which is a first. Kudos to that, doing the right job. Also who had told me no one cared/cares about Anand-Milind? The film used 2 of their originals and 3 more songs in bits as jokes, a total of FIVE, fight me. πŸ˜†

All in all, I am going back to watch the original because its far too superior. David Dhawan is a good director but he needs to do original work now. The only good come out of this project is reminding the audience what fab performers and people were a part of the original. 

The project is an indication that some things get made once only and are masterpieces to be left untouched.

One more thing: we miss you Kader Bhai, what a writer and actor you were. You were and will always be Hoshiarchand for me β€οΈ

SriDevi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Oh myyyy just  got done watching this. You realise just how great the original actors were in particular Govinda and Kader khan when you see others doing a botched job of their roles. 

Varun Dhawan is losing any sort of individuality he may have developed and has become a caricature of Govinda. But nowhere near the original. You realise how effortless  Govindas.dance and comedy was when you see varun struggle through each and every scene. 

Paresh Rawal though a great actor in his own right just can't match Kader Khan. 

The story suited the 90s. It doesn't suit 2020 at all. Anju seemed too clued on to be fooled by anyone. Saara also. 

David Dhawan either make something original or retire gracefully. Pleaseplease PLEASE do not remake anymore of your hits ever and never ever with varun. Bhas bhi karo!! 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

AUDIENCE REVIEW... CONTAINS SPOILERS

Okay so I have put myself through this for our Maroony, dude I hope you enjoy my plight before your new responsibilities take over πŸ˜†

Safe to say that the story wasn't meant for today's time...it doesn't age well to use again. In fact the first was that comes to ur mind is "why the hell aren't the girls stalking the guy's SM accounts like FBI agents" πŸ€£

And almost everything is the same. The dialogues, the scenes, even the acting in so many scenes. Varun imitates Govinda, Rajpal Yadav imitates Shakti Kapoor, Sahil Vaid imitates Harish to a great extent. So you can't help but imagine Govinda, Kader Khan, Karishma etc when you watch this version.

And as much as I love Jonnie Lever, I did miss Tiku Talsania as the inspector.

Sara is playing Sara lol its her character's name πŸ˜† She does much better than LAK but the emo scenes I couldn't take her seriously. She has to get better at crying πŸ˜†Also I gotta add here that Sara and Anju are totally different from Malti and Shalini. Their ages are also reversed I guess.

So it seems unreal when two very not so gullible women are being conned by a coolie and a driver.

There are alot of references to the original film. Heck they even used the original background music at a scene and Raj-Sara's music was heavily inspired from Raju-Malti's. The jokes remain the same throughout like ACBCDC Car and "Main jaa raha hu tere baap ke paas".

One scene was plagiarized from 3 Idiots, the one where Rancho gets into Piya's house and confesses he likes her but he's holding Mona's hand...so u get that they pasted the EXACT scene.

Varun even sings the OG's title track for a few seconds. Speaking of him, VD overdoes it too much. He tries to be Govinda but fails coz Govinda was effortless, you can see how many pains VD takes to act like our No. 1. Very caricaturish. There were scenes where I did laugh, but not at the jokes. πŸ˜† 

Most song situations stay the same, except that Raste Se becomes a dream sequence and Husn Hai Suhana becomes real life. Varun and Sara do look good together but unfortunately, its wasted potential. Because the romance in the OG was very innocent and cute, here the kisses and bikinis ruin it.

The funniest part for me was when they tried to pass of Bangkok as Mumbai πŸ€£ So there was this shot where Raju Sara come to the "Juhu" bungalow and you can see them standing against Mumbai street shops. Cut to the opposite side which is this mansion from Bangkok and we are to believe that these are the same place!!! Its not like K3G where we see the Raichand haveli (from UK) standalone and we're to think Delhi, they've actually cut from one frame to another and its too freaking hilarious πŸ€£ And ya the house is the same one from Main Tera Hero πŸ€£

The team does credit everyone from the music department surprisingly, that too before the new version's composers which is a first. Kudos to that, doing the right job. Also who had told me no one cared/cares about Anand-Milind? The film used 2 of their originals and 3 more songs in bits as jokes, a total of FIVE, fight me. πŸ˜†

All in all, I am going back to watch the original because its far too superior. David Dhawan is a good director but he needs to do original work now. The only good come out of this project is reminding the audience what fab performers and people were a part of the original. 

The project is an indication that some things get made once only and are masterpieces to be left untouched.

One more thing: we miss you Kader Bhai, what a writer and actor you were. You were and will always be Hoshiarchand for me β€οΈ

You watched what you think of as a thrashy movie for me ???

user posted image

Thats like a buddy you'd want in the foxhole with you πŸ˜Ž

Ill watch it soon and give you my unbiased comments 

GumGum thumbnail

Theater goer reviews show fans buying 100s of tickets, but no one subscribe the OTT. Proves theater goer reviews used to be paid.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

You watched what you think of as a thrashy movie for me ???

user posted image

Thats like a buddy you'd want in the foxhole with you πŸ˜Ž

Ill watch it soon and give you my unbiased comments 

Yes I did πŸ˜†

I'm a very loyal friend πŸ˜†

Unfortunately I am too moophat so I don't have many πŸ˜†

PS: I was very unbiased and didn't think of the original while reviewing this one, but when everything is copied frame by frame, its difficult not to, since I even remembered the dialogues coming next πŸ˜†

sreefan thumbnail

Came to check who all had the courage to watch this movie

priyatnl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sreefan

Came to check who all had the courage to watch this movie

I watched original and the remake.

Though it's not so bad , I wish varun starts doing original work. He is wasting time with remakes. His potential needs Badlapur or even dishoom.