My thoughts on Indian Idol Season 12

shareShare facebook twitter
  •  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 months ago

Hi guys. I'm Simran.

I really love singing reality shows. Watching Taare Zameen Par as well.  👏🏼

I find this season of Indian Idol disappointing. There were so many good singers who auditioned this year. They didn't make it to the top 15. 

I was shocked that Yuvraj and Dhruv weren't selected. Hell even Jeli was amazing. Then there are the likes of Vaishnav, Shanmukhpriya, Pawandeep and Anjali who were either winners or runners up in other competitions that aired less then 7 years ago. 😒

So much for raw talent. Now we have to hear all their performances being repeated again. For example Anjali sang Dil Ki Tapish for her wildcard entry Lil Champs. Don't even get me started with Shanmukhpriya. 

Have you noticed also that the judges go all crazy when a westernized song is performed but has no idea of how to appreciate and judge authentic indian music? 🤦🏽‍♀️

This is just my opinion on this season so far. What is yours? 🙂

Posted: 1 months ago

Hi dear, nice to meet you too.

Yuvraj & Jeli deserved the placement as opposed to Nihal, Shanmukh priya, vaishnav, & those who are basically former contestants of past singing reality shows. Anushka is basically an easy target to eliminate IMO & her performance sparked nervousness. 

One thing is they need new judges who are neutral in decision-making such as Music directors & lyricists. Some of the contestants need to have a better grip on their words. Neha Kakkar's advices are practically useless IMO. 

Edited by Meena_J - 1 months ago

Indian Idol 12