Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Virat entered the room to witness one of the rarest sights of his life. 

Sai was seated at the window sill, her head rested against the wall and her gaze fixed upon the silent moon.

She usually was chirpy, hopping around places and being hyperactive. But today, she just didn't feel 'herself'.

"Sai?" he mumbled.

"Hmm" she said, not wavering her firm gaze.

"Kya dekh rahi ho?" he asked, removing his shoes and keeping them aside, neatly.

"Chaand ko" she said.

"Accha? Woh kyun?", he asked, whilst taking out his clothes from the cupboard for shower.

"Accha lag raha hai"

Virat raised his eyebrow and turned around.

This, just wasn't Sai. She did not have the patience to sit and admire the moon. She wouldn't end the day before blabbering a hundred things about how unjust Kaku was and how was her day at college.

When Sai the storm wasn't wrecking havoc outside, it meant that there was a huge deal of turbulence inside her. And that worried him.

He kept the clothes on bed and joined her at the window.

He sat down beside her, facing the moonlight sky.

"Kya hua" he asked.

And that was enough to smash her guard into pieces. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Virat then saw that she had tightly clutched her Aaba's frame close to her heart. Her tears turned to sobbing.

He wrapped his arm around her neck and pulled her closer. Her stiff body didn't respond to his gesture, nor did she allow herself to get pulled away so easily.

"Aaj iron woman Sai ko kya hua? Kaku ne kuch kaha?"

Her stifled cries increased, giving him a positive signal about the point in question.

"Toh kya kaha Kaku ne?"

"Ki main ummeed rakhne ke layak nahi hoon" she said, coldly.

It was nothing that hadn't been told to her. She was subjected to such type of taunts from the moment she had stepped across the threshold of Chavan Mansion. But what hurt her so differently today?

Virat smiled to himself. When you are new to people and your surroundings, voicing out your feelings is easy. Cause you've no association with them whatsoever. 

Problem occurs when you are attached to those, and start valuing their feelings. After an year at the Chavan's, this is what had happened with Sai. She no longer would retort as easily as she used to. Not only had she heavily toned down but also was in control of her emotions. It wasn't bad to think. It definetly wasn't bad to be sensitive.

But what scared him is the emotional burden that accompanied the attachment and bond. Sai in no way should feeling pressurized to oblige others.

"Nahi Sai.... aisa nahi hai" he said, rubbing her arm.

"Aisa hi hai. Maine Aai se promise kiya tha ki aaj kuch bhi ho jaaye main unke saath Mandir jaungi. Aur usi time par pata nahi kaise meri aankh lag gayi."

Oh, so that was it. She had disappointed Ashwini.

"Koi baat nahi Sai. Tum toh aati hi ho college se 5 baje. Agar aake sogayi toh koi problem nahi hai, I'm sure Aai samjhegi."

"Wahi toh. Aai ne kuch nahi kaha. Par unko bura laga."

She rested her head on his shoulder.

"Kya main itni buri hoon Virat. Kya mujhse kabhi sab manage nahi ho paayega?"

She grasped the frame even more tightly. She was terribly missing her Aaba today.

"Kar toh rahi ho manage Sai. Humaari baat hui hai na, ki subah ke naashte ke alawaa tumpar aur koi zimmedaari nahi hai ghar ki? Kyunki poore din college hota hai aur iske baad tumhein padhna hota hai. Jahan tak mujhe yaad hai, tumne ek bhi din naashta banana skip nahi kiya hai."

"Par Aai ko bhi toh lagta hoga na ki main unke saath thoda time spend karu. Ek normal bahu bann saku?"

Silence. Virat had nothing to say.

Sai noticed his chuppi.

"Shayad aapko kisi aur..."

"Aye, chup! Ab zyaada horaha hai" he firmly told her, slightly tapping her head.

She jolted up to look at his face in surprise.

"Buddhu kahi ki. Kuch bhi bolti hai. Main bohot khush hoon ki tum is ghar ki bahu ho."

"Sacchi?"

"Mag kay, sacchi!"

Sai let go of her Aaba's frame and clutched his arm firmly, with her hand and once again rested her head against his body. 

She closed her eyes and let the tears flow freely, letting herself lose in the moment, dropping all apprehensions.

He let her be. Venting out was as important as feeling things.

As if on cue, he silently tilted his head over hers. He occasionally would move his hand in her hair. And they sat there, in peace. 

Away from troubles. Away from burdens. Away from expectations.

Sai could feel that support and vibe emanating out of him. She no longer wanted to see the moon when she had one, of her own, seated right beside her.

Someone in the forum had mentioned about Sai wantimg emotional support from Virat, in absence of a father figure. This deeply touched me and hence, this piece. <3

Cheers,

Mahi.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sparklle801 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

So heart warming, ❤️

Even a bomb like sai, sometimes need emotional support and you have portrayed that flawlessly....

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

"mag kay?"

That is so cute🥺 I want this🥺

Awesome work

..Peppermint.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

That was a beautiful piece Mahi👏

The loneliness, the despair, the pain and THAT Virat❤️

Her cheery, happy side hides a lot of bottled emotions

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This warmed my heart. It makes me look forward to the development in Sairats relationship and hopefully they will reach a stage when they will have such deep conversations. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Tugs at the strings of my heart, 

How beautifully you have explained Sai's pain, agony and the need for a fresh start ❤️

Blackwind thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is soo awesome!!!❤️

Absolutely... Virat is Sai's moon😳

ShanviSia thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Aww....this was so sweet. 

Eternized_Blues thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Mahi🤗

This was beautiful. This is exactly how I see their bond developing. Viraat is quiet support and when Sai will get it regularly it will flourish. I also like how you predicted that Sai could change from constant abuse hurled at her. You can only fight for so long without getting exhausted at times.

I want more.