YHC fanpages getting banned

kashev thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Just learnt about YHC fanpages getting banned on IG just because of posting RuSha/Abrargun edits and containing the text 'abrargun' in their names. This is extremely disappointing that all the hard work and efforts of fans are undermined and worse, even termed 'trolling', when they haven't even engaged in such activities. It's not wrong to hype a show jodi. For god's sake, this is a romantic show and if fans are going gaga about the jodi, it's a sign of success, not some crime that needs to be reported and get accounts banned for. Despite all the negativity and drama that is YHC offscreen, fans have continued to hype the show and maintained positivity throughout. And having it all come to this is disheartening. If this keeps happening, a lot of fans might leave the show and its popularity is bound to take a hit, much more than it already has. 

First some third party takes credit for the show, then engages in trolling herself and publicly threatening fans of the show and certain members of our cast engages in selective outrage conveniently forgetting the past, and now fan pages are getting banned for posting jodi edits. This clownery has gone on long enough. I think it's high time Balaji and EK are made aware of what's going on if they aren't already. YHC is a top 10 show and has been slot leader for a while now. There's no way EK/BT are going to let this all go to waste just because folks can't keep personal and professional lives separate. 

What do you guys think?

P.S: Not intended for bashing. Constructive discussion always welcome!

Edited by kashev - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

I have not seen this but it is sad

kashev thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

I have not seen this but it is sad

Yep, and I can't believe folks are silent about it. 

Look at this post - it is so so true! This needs to be shared with the cast/PH/et al  - 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI5sDb-BQLv/

Before this, everything was mostly about lack of BTS/promotions, which was okay in a way. Actors are busy and they have their preferences - fans can only do so much. But this banning of accounts is infringing on personal freedoms and is unethical, to say the least. We should do something about this. On that note, we can contact IG Support and get fan pages/accounts restored, right?

Edited by kashev - 3 years ago
priya185 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kashev

Yep, and I can't believe folks are silent about it. 

Look at this post - it is so so true! This needs to be shared with the cast/PH/et al  - 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI5sDb-BQLv/

Before this, everything was mostly about lack of BTS/promotions, which was okay in a way. Actors are busy and they have their preferences - fans can only do so much. But this banning of accounts is infringing on personal freedoms and is unethical, to say the least. We should do something about this. On that note, we can contact IG Support and get fan pages/accounts restored, right?

I never went on these fanpages 

Not justifying what happened but I think some fanpages were uploading the full episodes 

kashev thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

I never went on these fanpages 

Not justifying what happened but I think some fanpages were uploading the full episodes 

Not these ones, they just posted edits/VMs. 

NINALOGY thumbnail

Its really sad. I hope their accounts will get recover. 

kashev thumbnail

Originally posted by: _NINA_

Its really sad. I hope their accounts will get recover. 

I hope so too! The actual trolls are still continuing their trolling and mass reporting YHC fps while people who were just posting edits/creations and appreciating the show are getting affected - this is so so unfair. 

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I've seen fanpages of shows getting banned all the time. Nothing new. It's not some conspiracy. 

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Surprising and disappointing.

This has become a circus.

Guess best way ahead is to go ahead with anniversary celebrations as planned & follow the trend set by some of the cast of ignoring the negativity & only focusing on the positives. 

kashev thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chill_Maar

I've seen fanpages of shows getting banned all the time. Nothing new. It's not some conspiracy. 

Hmm, maybe but there's just too much stuff that has happened for this mass reporting to be purely coincidental.