Do you think FRIENDS was over rated ?

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

People say in 2020 it doesn’t hold up. It’s dated and not that funny. Anyone agree ? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I disagree with you. Friends is timeless, no matter who says what. It's the best show ever ❤️

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

True.. don’t like it anymore 

LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

It’s cool thing to hate on friends these days . Obviously I agree it’s not the best tv show ever but you’ve got to be kidding if you say it’s not funny . The show was funny during its last few seasons , which says a lot about the quality of a sitcom since 90% of them goes downhill during their 8/9/10 season . 

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The prerequisites for enjoying Friends are minimal. 

Appreciating Simpsons requires solid understanding of American pop culture. Appreciating Seinfeld requires first-hand experience of the New York City life. Appreciating Arrested Development requires benevolent tolerance of the boundaries of humour in the context of family ties. Friends is just the path of least resistance.

so it works for me ... much better than “how I met your mother “.

Edited by pali001 - 3 years ago
DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

haven't watched it. received a lot of recommendations though.

I love Big Bang Theory. A show made with a lot of research. their physics jokes are just too good.

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It is just some disgruntled HIMYM staunch fans posting this stuff.

HIMYM has good framing device and narrative was a bit fancy. A couple of it's seasons were really good but apart from that it was pretty pedestrian. I have rated most of the episodes at 6 to 6.5 in my database. Barney Stinson and Lilly gradually became intolerable, especially Barney Stinson.

The only Saving grace were Ted Mosby and Marshall Eriksen.

One of the major reason I continued watching HIMYM was to know who is the mother and how did Ted meet her. But it became really tedious after some time.

HIMYM is more of a conjob than being a good serial.

Friends on the other hand is pure simple fun and anybody young or old can instantly connect with it.

Edited by surajhere - 3 years ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Ugh! Couldn't stand it when it came out. But it had the kind of mania and blind following which 'The Game of Thrones' inspires these days. For some reason, everyone wanted to make a convert of me.

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

For me its an instant moodlifter. It can be criticised in many ways but it was never not funny

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't like shows where there is forced laughter in the BG. It just takes away the comedy aspect of a sitcom.