New Docu Series On Abhishek Bachchan Kabbadi Team

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Games Close to the soil, Don't need people like me": Abhishek Bachchan on getting Kabaddi in limelight

Abhishek Bachchan shares his thoughts on Kabaddi and its fame...

December 03,2020 10:42 AM

Priyanka ChauhanView Profile

Abhishek Bachchan speaking

Courtesy : Abhishek Bachchan

"Sons of the Soil: Jaipur Pink Panthers" is a sports docu-series releasing tomorrow and is based on the team Jaipur Pink Panthers that is a Kabaddi team which has been displaying a supremely fine game since 7 seasons of the Pro Kabaddi League.

Now, ahead of the release, team owner Abhishek Bachchan has expressed his views on how it is not a necessity for a celebrity to be the driving force behind the name and  fame of the game. In a recent interview he says,

I disagree. When Pro Kabaddi was initiated many people took it very lightly. But people in the stands could be the biggest celebrities of India but the players on the mat, if they aren't superstars then the game won't progress. Kabaddi has shown everyone that people in the stands can't do anything, the real superstars are the players on the mat.

- Abhishek Bachchan 

Sons of the Soil

Courtesy : Amazon Prime Video

He further adds about using his celebrity status to bring the game of Kabaddi to the limelight and also emphasizes that a game that is related to the "soil" does not need a celebrity to popularize it.

Junior Bachchan affirms by saying,

If I can use whatever little celebrity hood I have to help bring a certain amount of spotlight to a sport, I'm very happy to do that. The artwork that Amazon has wonderfully put together for the docu-series, the most prominent figure is me, which is very embarrassing. If I can help bring even little attention to tell the story which is entirely about these boys, their lives behind the scenes, off the mat, I'm happy to do that. But no, I firmly believe that you do not need a celebrity to popularise these sports. Games close to the Soil, don't need people like me, they are brilliant by themselves.

- Abhishek Bachchan 

The series is produced by BBC Studios India and directed by two-time BAFTA Scotland winner Alex Gale, following the Jaipur Pink Panthers through their journey in season 7 of Pro Kabaddi League, the series releases exclusively on Amazon Prime Video tomorrow . For 200 countries and territories to witness the power and grit the term 'Kabaddi' holds.

0 Likes

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Anyone care ? ðŸ˜†

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

lol i dont have amazon prime therefore no opinion...

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago