Amarr on Mihir Virani , ‘I Was Skeptical Because It Had Only Women’

Lunamovas thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Amar Upadhyay in his recent interview revealed that he was skeptical to play Mihir in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi because it had only women

Television actor Amar Upadhyay was on the peak of his career when he left TV for films. After a break, Amar is making a comeback with Ekta Kapoor’s Molkki for which the actor has been learning Haryanvi from his friends in Rohtak and Hissar and also from Delhi. During his recent interview, Amar also opened up about playing Mihir in one of the most loved TV shows Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. He revealed that he was skeptical when he was offered KSBKBT because there were only women in the show. 

Speaking to Times Of India, Amar aka Mihir said, "When I accepted the role of Mihir, I was a little skeptical because I felt there are only women in the show and what I will get to do in it. The name itself suggests saas and bahu and there is no mention of any male, what will be my role. I was told I am the hero, but I always felt that there are so many female characters in the show like my chachi, mother, Baa, wife then an entire negative family. So, all these things were coming into my mind. But who knew that my character Mihir Virani would be such a big hit. I just did my job with full honesty and that time also I had not seen the future. My character and the show both became successful.”

“People still love and admire Mihir even after 20 years. I never imagined in my dreams that people will remember me as Mihir even after 20 years. So, when I did those films I did not know the future. The films did not work and the reason behind it could be any. Maybe my producers did not promote the film much, maybe I did not choose the films wisely. It was a learning experience for me and I feel till the time you don't fall in life, you don't gain experience and learn," added the actor. 

He went on to add that he had no Godfather in the industry or someone who would guide him. He added, “Also, that time I had no Godfather in films who would guide me. There was no one to guide me that I shouldn't leave Kyunki for films or whether I was choosing the right scripts. I had to learn from my own experiences and failures. Now, I belong to this industry and if tomorrow my kids want to join the industry, I will guide them. Ultimately, they will take their own decisions, but I will definitely tell them about the wrong decisions in life. I had nobody to tell me, my father belonged to a banking industry and he knew nothing about the TV and film industry. I had to rely on my gut feeling. Now, whatever decisions I take in my life it is backed by my experiences. Now, whatever decision I will take I believe that will be good. I expect this," concluded Amar.

Loading video