InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I don't know why she pressed Anjali for going back to Rahul when it was clear that he fell in "love" with her only because she became hotter than she was in college whereas Aman was someone who liked her for whatever she was

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

The entire movie doesn't have depth when you look back at it. That being said its still a guilty pleasure of many.

Since there was no depth I can only explain it in one way:

Anjali's mom wanted her daughter to get married for love, not just for the sake of it. The entire premise of the movie revolved around "pyar dosti hai" (even tho evidently it was pyar khubsurati hai). So Anjali's mom wanted her daughter to go to Rahul for love as Anjali never loved Aman and was settling for him.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Rahul didn't fall in love with Anjali after she became hotter....and when did Reema Lagoo's character force Anjali to return back to Rahul?

She just wanted her daughter to not make compromises (samjhauta) in her marriage, and in Anjali's own words, her marriage with Aman was a compromise.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

She didn't press Anjali to return to Rahul.. She encouraged her to listen to her heart and not make her life a compromise

As for Rahul falling in love with Anjali because she was hotter and Aman falling for her real self, Aman didnt even know Anjali's real self

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

How was she supposed to know why Rahul fell in love with her? Even if she did know I don't think it would've mattered. Because at the end of the day Rahul loved her and more importantly Anjaali loved him. 

Personally, out of all the shallow bollywood love stories I have seen over the years I think this is one of the ones I had least amount of problems with. In my opinion during college days it wasn't that Rahul didn't love and adore and value Anjaali, he just didn't see her as a girl. I don't think it had anything to do with whether he thought she was beautiful or not, because I think he found her very beautiful in her own way and thought any person would be lucky to have her but she never acted like a "girl" so he never saw her as one. Tomboys are not everyone's cup of tea and Anjaali never showed she had any interest in a thing like romance either. For me Rahul didn't fall for her later because she was hot, I felt he suddenly saw her in a new light because she was a "girl". That itself has its own issues because we constantly fail to understand what defines a girl and what makes man a man. 

Originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

Rahul didn't fall in love with Anjali after she became hotter....and when did Reema Lagoo's character force Anjali to return back to Rahul?

She just wanted her daughter to not make compromises (samjhauta) in her marriage, and in Anjali's own words, her marriage with Aman was a compromise.

Bold: Yes, he did. Pretty much he did. He fell for her specifically after seeing her pallu fly away and her blouse-covered boobies. 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

Bold: Yes, he did. Pretty much he did. He fell for her specifically after seeing her pallu fly away and her blouse-covered boobies. 

How do you even know he specifically fell in love with her at that moment?😆 He remembered her all the years.. He thought of her tomboy self even after seeing her in saree.. If anything, that moment gave him a jolt to look at her differently than just his tomboy friend but to say he fell in love with her specifically at that moment is a stretch😆

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Wese I often wondered what made Anjali turn from a tomboy to a girly girl? Staying with her mum? Rahul choosing Tina over her? What?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

No he didn't.

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Wese I often wondered what made Anjali turn from a tomboy to a girly girl? Staying with her mum? Rahul choosing Tina over her? What?

Becoming more matured over the years will do that to you. Also, she didn't become a "girly girl", she became graceful and feminine.