RudhIta OS : Musaafir

Octothorpe thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

@bold italics manjhe flashback.

Bondita was in the study, going through the case file, trying to understand the minor things needed for her to win, because this win was of the highest importance to her. "Bahu, so jao ab. Kal toh jaldi kachehri jaana hai na? Bahut raat ho gayi hai." Kaka said, in a low voice, not wanting to startle her. "Ji Kaka Sasurji." Bondita smiled and closed all the files. "Shubh ratri." She said and left for her room. Kaka kept on looking at this young girl in her mid twenties, fighting a new fight every single day with herself and with the society. "Aniruddh nein bilkul ise apne jaisa bana diya hai." Kaka said to himself with a sad smile and left for his room. 

Bondita was in her room, looking at the moon from the window. "Aap khush hain na Pati Babu?" She said with a smile on her face and few tears in her eyes. "Ro nahi rahin hoon main. Khush hoon aaj. Kal final hearing hai case ki. Thoda sa darr lag raha hai lekin. Haar gayi toh?" Bondita asked. "Bondita toh haar hi nahi sakti." She heard Aniruddh say. She turned around and looked him. "Shotti?" She asked if he was confident about it?" Shotti!" He sad, with a chuckle. His Bondita will never grow up. 

Aisa..Hua tha..Yakeen

Ke baadalon mein miloge

Tum bhi...Kahin

Dhoonde ye dil tumko

Main bhi..Musaafir hoon

Juda tumse..Kahan par hoon

It was a new day, new morning, a morning that was going to be written in the history for generations to read about and get inspired from. Bondita came out of the bathroom and sat on the dressing table. She looked at her empty hairline and it shuddered her. It has been almost two years to that emptiness and she still couldn't make peace with it.

"Itni pheeki saree?" She heard Aniruddh say. She looked him and smiled. "Ab sajna sawarna accha nahi lagta Pati Babu." She said, in a low voice. She looked her reflection in the mirror. She again looked towards Aniruddh who was nowhere, again. "Aapko toh mujhe zyda chuppan chupaai pasand ho gayi." She said, with a sad smile.

Yaadein jo tooti hui hain

Phirse.. joroon

Bina sahaare bharam ko

Kaise...choroon

"Pati Babu, jaldi aayiega aaj shaam. Kuch kehna tha aapko." Bondita said, as her cheeks turned crimson. There were butterflies in her stomach as she said that to Aniruddh who was getting ready for the hearing in the court. Seeing Bondita that way, he knew what was coming but he wanted to wait for her to say. He had always waited. "Zaroor." Aniruddh said, in a rather husky voice, with little of the naughtiness that he always had when he teased Bondita. He was about to leave when Bondita stopped him. She came running to him and gave him a tight hug. "Jaldi aaiyega. Maine intezaar karungi." She said, in his ears. Hugs were not new to them despite not being in love for years. Those were the hugs of comfort at times, or motivation or maybe, just casual hugs. He reciprocated the hug and told her he would be back very very soon, not knowing that 'soon' would be the only broken Promise that Aniruddh made to Bondita, the only Broken Promise. 

Baatein bhi rahin adhoori

Hui ye kya majboori

Raatein rukengi Kahan pe

Kaise kategi ye doori

Bondita came out of her memories with the ringing of the alarm clock, the same Alarm clock Aniruddh gave her years ago to cure her problems of bed wetting. She picked up her black coat and wore it, picked her files and moved towards the door, towards justice, just like he did, always. 

Kaka, Batuk, Somnath, Binoy, Bihari Kaka and almost all the servants of the Roy Choudhury Mansion were anxiously waiting for this day to arrive. "Bahu Kahan reh gayi?" Kaka said while he looked at his watch. "Boudi aa gayi." Batuk said when he saw Bondita descending down the stairs. Kaka looked at her and tears welled up in his eyes. He could see Aniruddh coming down the stairs, like he used too. 

Raahein bhi wohi qadam bhi hain

Aankhon mein thehre gham bhi hain

Dekho hawaaon mein hum bhi hain

Tum gaye Kahan

They were all outside the court, waiting for their case hearing. Bondita was walking down the corridor, anxiously and continuously praying for her victory. "Lambi saans lo. Sab theek hoga. Mujhe pata hai." She could hear Aniruddh say. She turned and he was there, smiling the widest smile. "Main haar gayi toh?" She asked. "Meri Bondita toh kabhi nahi haarti. Aur phir main toh hoon hi uske saath, humesha." Aniruddh said and pulled her in a hug. Bondita was at peace now. She got her confidence back. "Boudi chalo." Batuk said as he came to her. Bondita came out of reverie and looked around only to find the everlasting emptiness. 

Main bhi musaafir hoon

Bulaao toh main haazir hoon

"On account of all the evidences and witnesses, this court finds William guilty in the murder charges of Barrister Aniruddh Roy Choudhury and gives him captial punishment. He shall be hanged till death." The judges announced while they signed the decision and broke the tip of the ink pen, like the tradition." Bondita had her heart racing in her rib cage, tears made its way out of her big black eyes, after two damn years. She looked at Kaka and everyone else and cried. Kaka cried too and so did Batuk, Somnath and Binoy. 

Aisa..hua hai.. yakeen

Ke baadlon mein..mile hain

Hum bhi...yahin

Dhoonde nazar kisko

It was first time in the history that a Britisher got capital punishment for murdering an Indian but Bondita made sure the murder got nothing less than that. He had killed Aniruddh because he was fighting a case on behalf of a poor girl the murder had molested, the very same day when Bondita wanted to confess her love for him. Ever since, Bondita had decided to punish the culprit and lived for that all these years but today when she won, she broke down, cried, she was strong for a really long time. Kaka came to her and kept his hand on her head. "Hum sab jeet gaye Kaka." She said, and cried. Kaka smiled through his tears and blessed her for fighting so rigorously against all the injustice done to their family and to all the families that deserved Aniruddh's help. "Aniruddh tum mein humesha rahega Bahu. Woh humesha humare paas rahega." He said. 

Main bhi...musaafir hoon

Tumhaare raaston par hoon

Main bhi...musaafir hoon

Juda tumse...Kahan par hoon

Main bhi.. musaafir hoon

Bulaao toh...main hazir hoon

Kaka and everyone left for the home while Bondita excused herself. She needed some time to just sort things out in her head. All of it was never easy on her and today when she actually reached her destination, she didn't know what else to do next, as if the purpose of her life was over. "Abhi toh bahut se jung ladne hain tumhein Bondita. Abhi kuch khatam nahi hua hai. Abhi toh ye samaj badalna shuru hua hai." She heard Aniruddh say. "Main aapke bina kuch bhi kaise kar paungi?" She complained, with fear evident in her voice. "Main hoon tumhare saath." He said and held her hand. "Main aapse bahut pyaar karti hoon." Bondita said and smiled. "Jaanta hoon." Aniruddh said with that same husky tone. "Toh kyun chale gaye much chod ke?" She complained. "Jab bulati ho toh aata bhi toh hoon." He said with a smile. "Issi liye ab tak jee bhi rahi hoon na." Bondita said and hugged him. 

Main bhi.. musaafir hoon

Tumhari ik sadaa par hoon.....

https://youtu.be/Olu81noIESo

I'll highly recommend you guys to listen to the song and you'll feel the story a little more better. It's been ages that I wrote an actual story. This one was always in my head but I didn't know how exactly to put it words. I know I didn't do justice to the song or the idea of the story at all but I tried my best. Also, factually, few things are just fictional, nothing to do with the actual history. Just cooked it up for the sake of the story so excuse that. Thank you for reading. I'll highly appreciate a word or two in the comments down below. Thank you. 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayback2 thumbnail

Res😊

Unresed 

I am honestly crying right now.. 

This one is surely one of the most emotional story i have readed. 

About dying.. My bon😭

About writing style, i really loved how you mentioned even the small details, like breaking the pen knib. 

It's seriously so amazing.. 

I can't just stop crying.. 

Thank you so much for writing it dear 

Edited by wayback2 - 3 years ago
mnm13 thumbnail

😭😭 ok i am crying reading your story it is really touching ❤️👏

i have always liked your drabbles but this one is outstanding.

actually i always had this intution that anirudh will die early in the future, that's why i was reluctant to started this drama. when i read bondita hallucinating anirudh, my heart stopped as if my worst fear came true. may be thats why i could connect to the story more.

keep up the good work 👍🏼 

bubblesort thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Octo there were literally tears in my eyes after reading it😭.

Its so beautifully written❤️

Sad but truly beautiful👏

Sach kaha kaka ne Bondita mein Anirudh hamesha rahega.

Waiting to read more from your side😳

Priiyyaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

i can't express what i feel after reading this one,just one word emotionally beautiful😭❤️❤️.....thanks for writing this .....having tears in my eyes...sottii❤️

do write more when u get enough time octo🤗

Apsana14 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

It was heartwarming like always❤️

I literally had tears while reading it.. Loved this story🤗

Death also can never separate our Rudhita😊

Please write more stories on Rudhita other than drables.. Want to read your works.. 😳

shirin04 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Why why l😭

The story was so heart breaking💔

Loved the writing plz write more❤️

Henuramesh thumbnail

The story was very nice .

It's very emotional.

Dotslover22 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Hi. I am a silent reader of this forum but your story made me comment. This is just so sad😭😭

Beautifully written. 👍🏼

Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I can't believe it!

First OS I get from you and it's this!!! It's a bloody master piece.. very beautiful. Broke my heart💔

But I didn't get why it was named Musafir? For lyrics?🤔

I loved all the emotions.. they were smooth.❤️

But but.. Octo I want something happy from you please.... I'd love to read something happy and romantic from you

I love the way you write... In short you express so many emotions... It's beautiful❤️