Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Madina Regular

The sky was all dark yet dimly lit by the incandescent moon. Suman sat on the bench in the garden waiting for Shravan to arrive. They had patched up some months ago solving their differences and then Shravan had been to his house for attending Avni's engagement. Both had decided to reveal about their relation to their families soon as they didn't want to repeat old mistakes. Shravan had promised revealing it to his family soon and Suman believed he did so.

Shravan was back at the cantonment and had asked her to meet at the garden located at a distance from the cantonment. Suman sat there fidgeting with her with fingers as all probabilities crossed her mind making her nervous. She thought of ringing him once but then she didn't want to look like a teenager who had no control over her emotions. She knew she had to wait till Shravan completed his meeting with Lt. Colonel Sharma. She looked up at the sky to find it shining with stars and the moon. The stars were present but it was the moon who lit up the sky. Shravan held the same value in her life. He was her moon, the one who would always be present in the sky though invisible at times or maybe her ignorance didn't let her see him. For years he lived inside her reflecting in her actions, her words, her thoughts. Other people she met in her life were just like the stars. They had their own light, maybe were brighter and bigger than her moon but far away from her real self causing their importance to lessen. For her it had always been her moon and today she hoped as well as prayed for it to remain the same way. Suman heard some footsteps approaching her and looked at the figure approaching. It was Shravan, his face held no expression, a habit he had developed in all these years away from her. Suman wanted to get a clear view of his eyes, they always reflected his heart and understanding his thoughts used to turn easier for her but the dim lights weren't helping. She gave him a faint smile trying to cover the anticipation her heart held but it didn't go unnoticed by Shravan.

He held out her cold coffee, "Here's your cold coffee. Got it while coming here" Suman nodded and took the coffee thanking him. Shravan sat beside her taking a sip from his own. They both had developed this habit over the past days. Drinking cold coffee on cold, chilly nights while speaking their hearts out and knowing each other well had turned into a routine.

"How was your meeting?" Suman asked ignoring her super fast heart-beats. "Good" Shravan replied while taking a sip of his coffee. Over the years Shravan had reduced his talks. He would mostly reply after thinking twice that too in words or short sentences and Suman had been quick to realise this. Not that she complained, she understood the reasons and the causes for she had travelled the same route. The silence that prevailed in their talks never troubled her, it instead always calmed her helping her think and analyze his words, his actions but today it was the opposite. She was dreading the silence as the suspense was killing her. Building up courage and a mind-set of the accepting the worst Suman asked, "Did you talk to uncle, aunty?" Shravan hummed a yes and nodded affirmatively. Shravan took Suman hand in his and started drawing circles as if comforting her or maybe he was trying to search for his solace. He then stopped drawing circles and held her hand firmly, "I hope you know that my FAMILY means a lot to me!" Suman nodded while tears welled up her eyes threatening to spill over. Shravan continued, "After my country and the army it's my FAMILY for whom I care the most. So, Suman Tiwari, WILL YOU BE MY FAMILY?" Shravan spoke the last words a bit hurriedly as the tension which had grown inside him left him at once, happily. Suman couldn't take in the words and gave him a questioning look, "Sorry, what did you say?" Shravan spoke again, "Will you be my FAMILY?" his heart beat at a speed which would put light to shame. Shravan felt a drop of liquid fall on their intervened hands. Suman nodded affirmatively. "Yes! Today, tomorrow and forever." Suman replied while her eyes let the tears flow. She leaped and pulled Shravan in a hug. Shravan reciprocated the hug while his own eyes welled up. 

Breaking the hug Suman hit Shravan's arm lightly, "Everyone agreed?" 

"Of course, no one can deny Shravan Malhotra, at least not his FAMILY" Shravan spoke while pulling his collar and smiling with the now rarely seen boyish charm. Suman laughed at his statement. How she wished the world would stop here at the moment and let her enjoy his this laugh, this charm, this aura.

"I made sure to clear the misunderstandings first and then revealed about our relation. I guess they expected this after the earlier revealations" Shravan spoke with a smile while remembering the I knew this was going to happen look on his fathers face.

"I was scared so much you idiot, couldn't you tell me this earlier? Why do you love suspense this much" Suman spoke remembering the way she had expected the worst scenario of him leaving her after being unable to convince his family.

"Maybe because I feared rejection!" Shravan spoke honestly.

"Rejection? Why will I reject you?" Suman asked confused.

"Why not? I am not perfect, I have so many flaws and moreover not all love-birds end up together. Most of them break apart when they reach this junction and I too feared the same. Losing you once again is something I'll never afford, today, tomorrow, in this lifetime." Shravan spoke with an earnest yet vulnerable voice. Suman once again fell for this man, her coconut. Coconut because he was tough on the outside and soft, pure on the inside.

"Now it's time for your FAMILY, ready Captain?" Shravan spoke with a naughty smile trying to make the atmosphere lighter.

"I am but what if they refuse to let their daughter go? Phir se bhagenge?" Suman spoke with a naughty glint.

"Nopes.... iss baar unhe bhagayenge" Shravan spoke with a large grin.

That's it! I know it's short but I don't wish to drag it more...originally planned it to be a drabble but failed again😆 I guess drabbles aren't my thing!

Do give your reviews....they mean a lot!

Thanks a lot for reading!❤️

Edited by Pranushka_723 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

wow loved the concept actually here...both were hesitant to talk before shravan proposed to her..she knew of his personality changes & therefore talked about meeting then meeting with family...loved it...very nice

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hayee! This was so sweet and pure Babu! As always your writings are the ones that warm our hearts just like you do! Loved the phase it was set in too! 

Brilliantly written! Was missing your pieces for so long!  Thanks for gracing the stage again!

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago
Nailah_EjFian thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hayeee my poor heart... this was beautifully written Lavvyyy and trust me if we get anything near that, then I will be over the moon.. 

I think I will fall deeply in love with them.. once again 💗💗 as I am currently not liking the disconnection I left lately.. 

Good job buddy 💕💕

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

wow loved the concept actually here...both were hesitant to talk before shravan proposed to her..she knew of his personality changes & therefore talked about meeting then meeting with family...loved it...very nice

Thanks for the long comment Meena...it coming from you means a lot❤️🤗

The way Shravan knew Suman pre-leap I want her to know him post-leap!

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bucky

Hayee! This was so sweet and pure Babu! As always your writings are the ones that warm our hearts just like you do! Loved the phase it was set in too! 

Brilliantly written! Was missing your pieces for so long!  Thanks for gracing the stage again!

Aww....Thanks a lot Bucky🤗❤️

I thought I had lost touch😆 I feel like a new writer again😆

Glad you liked it....I will love to read something from your side too😳

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nailah_EjFian

Hayeee my poor heart... this was beautifully written Lavvyyy and trust me if we get anything near that, then I will be over the moon.. 

I think I will fall deeply in love with them.. once again 💗💗 as I am currently not liking the disconnection I left lately.. 

Good job buddy 💕💕

Thanks a lot Nailah....this means a lot!🤗🤗

Glad you liked it❤️

Bucky thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

Aww....Thanks a lot Bucky🤗❤️

I thought I had lost touch😆 I feel like a new writer again😆

Glad you liked it....I will love to read something from your side too😳

Naah ji. A dil se likhne wala writer never loses his/her charm😉

That reminds me I'm still left with Meena's BOTM task of writing a Suvan SS😆 Maybe I'll try with that. I feel like I'm deprived of any creative energy lately

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago
Bucky thumbnail

I'm pretty sure I'll be back to read it again😉👏

Mahekbhalla4 thumbnail

Such an amazing OS...i'm sure I am going to read it again n again.

I feel Shravan will be exactly like this post leap..a lot more reserved and calm.

Keep writing such short stories in ur free tym..love ur work😊🥰