Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

So many nowadays. I watch all superhero movies first day first show whether am in India or outside. It has to be FDFS cause spoilers are everywhere. The experience is mostly nice. But first day first shows were something else in single screens especially during Shah's reign in Bolly. The most fun I've had on a FDFS was for Om shanti Om. Single screen magic is something else. The impromptu dancing. The yelling for every entry. People went crazy when that 'Bas deewangi' song played with so many stars! MAGICAL!  

I have watched most of 90s movies Bollywood and Tollywood as a baby since my parents used to be huge movie and theatre/stage buffs once upon a time. All first day first shows. There's this legendary landmark called Nandan in Kolkata and my parents were members there( still are) and tickets would stay reserved for us for all day fdfs. I think the first movie I remember watching to the point that I actually understood what was going on was a Pather Panchali. There was a rerun in Nandan of Satyajit Ray movies in late 1999-2000s and we watched first day first show. What a time :)

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ZanduBaaM

That time poster was a trailer for us ...one movie had more than 5-6 kind of different poster which indicates the story and this make curiosity in the public mind.

That time even the canteen was reasonable but they have limited food...Like bread pakora, samosa, popcorn cold drink 

even the cinema owner always sold the ticket more than the seats because of that time no seat number concept in my city...Many people saw the movie standing up and due to this if  you are alone watching the movie then  forget the toilet break   ðŸ¤£

many good memories ...whaat a time ðŸ¥³

aye haye! I am super jealous now lol! I have always wanted to watch the songs with such a crowd, specially since they used live instruments, it must've been freakin epic <3 

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The Empire Strikes Back

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Hum Saath Saath Hain ðŸ˜³

Rangeelaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Tees Maar Khan 😭

Never did first day first show ever again, now I wait for reviews

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai

Kal Ho Na Ho

Taare Zameen Par

Dhoom 1 

Chak De India

Baahubali 1 

Baahubali 2

That’s it. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

aye haye! I am super jealous now lol! I have always wanted to watch the songs with such a crowd, specially since they used live instruments, it must've been freakin epic <3 

They played live instruments in the cinema hall? Never heard of that

I’ve heard about live instruments being played during silent movies, not talkies...

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: BettyA1

They played live instruments in the cinema hall? Never heard of that

I’ve heard about live instruments being played during silent movies, not talkies...

I meant live instruments while recording the songs. So theatre mein that heavy sound must be freakin amazing ðŸ˜ƒ

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Watched so many FDFS. 

Chak De!

OSO

Dangal

PK

Parineeta

Wake Up Sid

Barfi

Lootera

3I

JHMS(😵)

Gully Boy

Simmba

Baahubali 2

Love FDFS and love taking the risk. Its a special kind of thrill and experience.

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Kabhi khushi kabhi gum, the only movie ever I  saw First day , first show and liked it. 

I liked Kajol's punjabi kudi personality and the scence where Jaya was using a small table to reach the height of Amitabh to help him with his tie.

But now, I have lost interest in this movies. Can't watch it again.