What happened to Farhan Akhtar the actor?

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

He has been completely off color since BMB and had some personal issues too. He is one of the few actors who were not able to live on the hype after a single blockbuster. What. went wrong for him?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I really likes him

He is more focusing in Acting than being hungry to be a Big star 

He is more of an Actor than a star. 

Edited by forza - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

The crack rock 🤬

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Still acting, just not a big star.

The bigger question is what happened to him as a director?  Don 2 in 2011 was his last film wasn't it?

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Dont care him and his criminal supporting gf should be boycotted 

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I found him to be a typical nepo kid (who would be nowhere without his connections)...

Not surprised he didn’t succeed 🤷🏽‍♀️

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

I found him to be a typical nepo kid (who would be nowhere without his connections)...

His connections helped him get financing from those who liked his script and believed he had it in him to direct (after being an AD) - but they didn't write the screenplay, produce or direct Dil Chahta Hai which was critically acclaimed and helped change mainstream Indian cinema.   That talent got him more financing, distributors and actors who wanted to work with him in Lakshya, Don etc. 

It took Zoya seven years to get financing for her first film and she had the same connections. He acted in her film when she couldn't get a male lead she wanted to sign on.  He's been the producer on all of Zoya's films  including her latest Gully Boy.   

Unless the criteria for success is being a superstar actor then I fail to see how FA didn't succeed in Bollywood.

kyapa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

he has his own production house which is doing great. He did succeed😉

Anjalika01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

His connections helped him get financing from those who liked his script and believed he had it in him to direct (after being an AD) - but they didn't write the screenplay, produce or direct Dil Chahta Hai which was critically acclaimed and helped change mainstream Indian cinema.   That talent got him more financing, distributors and actors who wanted to work with him in Lakshya, Don etc. 

It took Zoya seven years to get financing for her first film and she had the same connections. He acted in her film when she couldn't get a male lead she wanted to sign on.  He's been the producer on all of Zoya's films  including her latest Gully Boy.   

Unless the criteria for success is being a superstar actor then I fail to see how FA didn't succeed in Bollywood.

I meant as an actor, not as a director 

Anjalika01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kyapa

he has his own production house which is doing great. He did succeed😉

I meant as an actor