Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Ahana_Sehgal21

Kriti has given real blockbusters and is loved across, No idea why people are surprised by her being on the list

Taapsee is doing movies which rest on her own shoulders. She always has a meaty part in the films she plays. Badla was a huge hit, and she had an extremely imp. role in it.

If it comes to Kriti vs. Taapsee, I would pick the one who is NOT doing flowerpot roles. Luka Chuppi is the only Kriti films where she wasn't doing a flowerpot role.

potterhead14 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lunalovegood5

I don't think anyone, in the entire history of Bollywood, has been mollycoddled to the extent Alia has been. She's surrounded by sycophants who keep telling her she's the best at everything she does when that's clearly not the case. For instance, no one has ever told her that she's a terrible singer. And frankly, I do think Kangana goes overboard and is too crass at times, but she's also not led an overprotected life where Bollywood biggies  hyped her up, killed her competition with blinds and snatched movies for her. It's so easy to be 'quiet' and 'dignified' when there are other people fighting your battles for you. 

Absolutely right

Her silence should not be termed as dignified that's like an insult to that word

She never haf to fight her own battles she has big powerful people for that. 

Ahana_Sehgal21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Tapsee is a 5 to 20 crore heroine. Game over ,with her in the lead managed to touch  4 crores.  She has collections only in Amitji and Akshay kumar movies...  Doesnt help that she looks very unpresentable .  Cant blame people who relate to her ,everyone has their own choices.

Edited by Ahana_Sehgal21 - 3 years ago
Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: coldbrew

Aloo's silence is anything but dignified. Courage, to me, is someone who can confront their truth and behavior, accept their privilege and shortcomings and know where they stand in the grand scheme of things. Being tone deaf and putting your family up for shameful, petty "open letters" when they're all in the same house is pretentious and bratty. It shows how she can't even wait for it do subside and wants it all back NOW. All while they're sitting in their posh mansions completely removed from where the rest of the world is. Simply can't buy Aloo's "courage" here.

I completely agree with you. Plus Alia doesn't have any option other than being silent at this time.  Even many others are silent,it's not only her. And come on people, she is 27 . Not a teenager that people have to bring her age everytime as an excuse , behaving like a kid doesn't make her a kid lol. 

Renee.Clare thumbnail

Originally posted by: lunalovegood5

I don't think anyone, in the entire history of Bollywood, has been mollycoddled to the extent Alia has been. She's surrounded by sycophants who keep telling her she's the best at everything she does when that's clearly not the case. For instance, no one has ever told her that she's a terrible singer. And frankly, I do think Kangana goes overboard and is too crass at times, but she's also not led an overprotected life where Bollywood biggies  hyped her up, killed her competition with blinds and snatched movies for her. It's so easy to be 'quiet' and 'dignified' when there are other people fighting your battles for you

Bold 👍🏼

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Aloo's silence is anything but dignified. Courage, to me, is someone who can confront their truth and behavior, accept their privilege and shortcomings and know where they stand in the grand scheme of things. Being tone deaf and putting your family up for shameful, petty "open letters" when they're all in the same house is pretentious and bratty. It shows how she can't even wait for it do subside and wants it all back NOW. All while they're sitting in their posh mansions completely removed from where the rest of the world is. Simply can't buy Aloo's "courage" here.

Having other people write letters for you and your sister to prove your articulation skills have improved isn’t exactly a dignified silence. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _._shibani_._

Kajol's "devi" still is in the list, and it was very much talked about when it was released (aeast on Insta) so I'll give her pass, but Madhuri?

Sorry your name and your DP! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Renee.Clare thumbnail

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Having other people write letters for you and your sister to prove your articulation skills have improved isn’t exactly a dignified silence. 

The word 'dignified' is so misinterpreted Here. In that way every coward person  is also Dignified lol. Kaha se Ye definition late hai that if she isn't speaking so she is dignified. When her relatives and parents are not leaving any moment to make mockery of others and self appreciating like anything. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Renee.Clare

The word 'dignified' is so misinterpreted Here. In that way every coward person  is also Dignified lol. Kaha se Ye definition late hai that if she isn't speaking so she is dignified. When her relatives and parents are not leaving any moment to make mockery of others and self appreciating like anything. 

Going by their definition the mom has been the most silence dignified. Whining on Social Media about one thing or the other. They are trolling my babies. Do your homework. We give outsiders chances in our R rated sleazy type movies. 

Their father, everything from his terrorist links to his unique affectionate pictures with his prodigy Rhea is so dignified.

Her brother and his connection to 26/11 triple dignified.

By this definition. Truly I have yet to see a more dignified family. 

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

The "texture of grief" post was regarding Rishi Kapoor's death. In all this hubbub, people have forgotten that he died somewhat prematurely in a very painful kind of cancer. By all accounts, Alia is pretty close to the family and her fiance was devastated at losing his father. There was a world before June 14th you know- as much as I am saddened by what happened that day- people are allowed their own private grief.

Also I dont think Mahesh Bhatt is criminally culpable at all in any way- if anything he has faced baseless insinuations about himself on national news for which I hope the Bhatts do sue for defamation. But even leaving that aside if you disagree, why should Alia face online bullying and trolling on his account? How is that tone deaf to call it out even subtly? Shaheen has struggled with mental health herself and has been an open advocate for anti bullying since a very long time. Her point is valid- you cant avenge someone's death and the alleged bullying they went through by bullying someone else. This way the cycle will never end! And sitting in a mansion doesnt inure you from pain and anxiety. How do you know she hasnt been affected by what happened or maybe her role in it indirectly through KJO's shenanigans?