what the show should have been

Shananana thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

the show is ending. I loved the show when it first started because of the special effects and because I thought the storyline seemed well thought out. I was wrong. 

the show was being written and produced while it was on air. whilst this works for SaaS bahu dramas. for a supernatural show this shouldn't have been the case. the storyline should have been thought up in advance and the show should have been produced in seasons with a clear storyline. this was the harm of nazar. the writers were coming up with the stories under pressure and the acting and editing was filmed within a few days. 

in the show roshni and aman met and immediately got married and fell in love. this is what made me go off the show initially. we never saw them grow as a couple and I didnt understand how they fell in love when they literally had two conversations. their relationship should have been shown to grow. 

this is why I think the love story aspect of the show would have been better suited if we had seen roshni and aman fall in love, but thousands of years ago. the show should have had season one on roshni and aman first falling in love thousands of years ago. highlighting roshni as Ayana and aman as a normal guy whose family makes a deal with the jin. season 1 showcasing them falling in love, while the jin falls in love with roshni, the jin realising this and killing Aman. Ayana committing suicide while vowing that in her next life she would defeat him.

The show should have shown Roshni and Aman being born again and again each time falling in love again and again and each time trying to defeat the jin but failing. 

until we come to our present day Roshni and Aman. which is when season 2 comes in. 

Either each season could be a different incarnation of the two or there could be a montage of all their past lives falling in love through different historical events and the jin getting them everytime. 

and the jin never lets them get married. he always kills them before because the first time he killed them was on their wedding day straight after they got married. 

have the audience actually care and root for them as a couple and show us why they're perfect for each other. modern day roshni and aman should be trying to fight the jins helpers. each season focusing on them falling in love whilst defeating the jins helpers without remembering. 

and the last season should have been them going against the jin and eventually defeating him.

gul Khan keep the audience stuck in 1 house which makes the story feel like it's not moving. supernatural shows should invest in better settings. it pains me to see how hindi cinema is so far ahead whilst hindi tv is miles behind because of the obsession with trp and less of a focus on the content of the show.

gul khan has excellent ideas but a terrible execution. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Makers cant show rebirth as this show is based on Muslim background.

I had still enjoyed this show till 60 ep gives a Disney kind of feel.

Edited by magicalM - 3 years ago
zooni.blue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Reincarnation was never a possibility given the Muslim background but i really loved the story...  The whole arhaan entry was also very good...  Post leap they messed up by making Kabir n roshni married

magicworld thumbnail

True actually Jinn Fairies ka concept Muslim mein hota hai and they can't show rebirth as there is no concept of rebirth in Muslims, rebirth dikhate to wo wrong ho jata.

agar ye show Hindu pe based hota to rebirth dikha sakte the as Naagin 3 mein dikhaya tha.

But i loved the show till now beech beech mein thoda track se bahar hua but still it managed to attract my attention. GUL ke fantasy shows Ekta se to better hi hote hai, Nazar bhi Naagin se to better hi tha. GUL VFX is also superior to Ekta cartoon VFX.

Edited by magicalM - 3 years ago
magicworld thumbnail

Originally posted by: zooni.blue

Reincarnation was never a possibility given the Muslim background but i really loved the story...  The whole arhaan entry was also very good...  Post leap they messed up by making Kabir n roshni married

Kabir - Roshni ki kabhi bhi marriage nahi hue thi Aman ne Roshni ko bacha liya tha. Kabir baad mein total villain ban gaya tha Zehraal.

Daisy21 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

.......we can still enjoy the episodes left....i found this week story is progressing....hopefully rest will be good too...

kendra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

This sounds like plot of movie Dangerous Ishq starring Karishma Kapoor 😛

zooni.blue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: magicalM

Kabir - Roshni ki kabhi bhi marriage nahi hue thi Aman ne Roshni ko bacha liya tha. Kabir baad mein total villain ban gaya tha Zehraal.

I know...  But even a brother wanting to marry bhabi was off putting...  The whole brothers track fell off there...  They could have been great enemies with a slight soft soft but making Kabir black was bad..  He shud have been grey