Suvan Drabble- Rains in January

sambag thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I always enjoyed rains but today I really did not feel enthusiastic about the sudden burst of untimely showers. I was on my way to the army staff canteen a few meters away and was dressed in casuals. I rushed to nearby huge peepal tree to save myself from getting embarrassed as the water seeped through my tee and I knew if I was there for some more time, I will leave nothing for imagination to the onlookers. As I turned around the corner to save myself from the gusts of wind that seemed to be intent on drenching me head to toe, I saw HIM trying to dodge the droplets. As our eyes met, we could feel the longing, the pain still raw and bleeding. His eyes spoke volumes and probably mine too as the pangs of separation hit us. I looked away as he inched closer to me probably trying to keep me warm as I rubbed my palms on my naked arms.

Suddenly there was a very loud thunder and on instinct I hid in his chest. It seemed like after a long nomadic journey I had finally found home in his arms and his warm chest. I soaked in the musky woody smell and tried to memorize every inch of his skin as he wrapped his arms around drawing me close. He softly whispered, “Sumo you still are afraid of loud thunder, your stint in the armed forces does not seem to have changed that”. Realization hit me that I was in HIS arms and I stepped back and investigated his black orbs which showed hurt at my movement. I turned my back to him and closed my eyes as his breath fanned my shoulders. I felt his lips graze my shoulders and heard him say “Fight as much you can Sumo you cannot deny that you still love me and only me”. I then felt him wrapping his jacket around my shoulders. I opened my eyes to see the sun peeping back amongst the clouds as I saw Shravan break into a jog. I now noticed a beautiful rainbow spreading across the sky and I realized Shravan was right and its time to fill our lives with colours of love and push the grudge and egos to distant oblivion. I think I am in love with the rains in January.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Isabel thumbnail

Hi Sam! This is Isa...we may not have ever interacted yet.......but somehow I was able to recognize one of your drabbles....not this one the other one...but both of them are nice...by any chance...is this drabble's name...at least...has any inspiration from one of the Hindi movies...?  I don't know Hindi...but one of my friends from India...he told. me that...it reminded him...some sequences from one of the Hindi movies...

sambag thumbnail

Originally posted by: Isabel

Hi Sam! This is Isa...we may not have ever interacted yet.......but somehow I was able to recognize one of your drabbles....not this one the other one...but both of them are nice...by any chance...is this drabble's name...at least...has any inspiration from one of the Hindi movies...?  I don't know Hindi...but one of my friends from India...he told. me that...it reminded him...some sequences from one of the Hindi movies...

Hey Isa..yes we have not interacted but nice of you to post this comment. Nice to know that you could recognize my drabble. Not sure though if its any Hindi movie but now that you say I probably need to look up.

I wrote it because I hate if it rains during January.We have the flower show at Lalbagh in Bangalore in Jan and I remember it was such a bummer when it rained and the trip with my friends was messed up. We spent most of the time below huge trees around the place saving ourselves from the rain.

Isabel thumbnail

Originally posted by: sambag

Hey Isa..yes we have not interacted but nice of you to post this comment. Nice to know that you could recognize my drabble. Not sure though if its any Hindi movie but now that you say I probably need to look up.

I wrote it because I hate if it rains during January. We have the flower show at Lalbagh in Bangalore in Jan and I remember it was such a bummer when it rained and the trip with my friends was messed up. We spent most of the time below huge trees around the place saving ourselves from the rain.

yeah...rain is not fun when you're outdoor....Please...no worry...sometimes similar things can happen even unknowingly...my friend was just wondering...I don't understand Hindi....so sometimes...well many times... I do ask my friends...to translate and or...explain...things...guess...the movie he said in HumTum...

So you're from.....Bangalore....I went to  IISC...& Kalpakkam...atomic center...a couple of years back.......I've had quite a few trips in southern India...there are many beautiful places...there...

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Your stories always leave a soothing touch behind! Like someone's giving you an nice, warm hug! Loved it!👍🏼

sambag thumbnail

Originally posted by: Isabel

yeah...rain is not fun when you're outdoor....Please...no worry...sometimes similar things can happen even unknowingly...my friend was just wondering...I don't understand Hindi....so sometimes...well many times... I do ask my friends...to translate and or...explain...things...guess...the movie he said in HumTum...

>>yeah I guess so, Bollywood has covered so much ground in romance that we will find some or other similarities here and there. Now that you say I might watch Hum Tum but frankly speaking I don't like watching Saif on screen because I feel he is there just because of his connections and I was horrified when he was awarded Padma Bhushan just because his mother was the chairman of CINTA that time. I have been anti-nepotism since long .

So you're from.....Bangalore....I went to  IISC...& Kalpakkam...atomic center...a couple of years back.......I've had quite a few trips in southern India...there are many beautiful places...there...

>> Nice to know you have been to Bangalore. Next time you come message me I can show you lot of places and famous food joints and also the infamous traffic. Btw Kalpakkam is in TamilNadu neighbouring state. Come during Independence Day or New Year you can see the flower show in Lalbagh, its beautiful and then you can have food at MTR originals or Vidyarthi Bhavan to give you a taste of Bangalore.

Just wondering how do you watch EKDV then..subtitles!!! I admire then your perseverance.

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Beautiful Drabble

loved how Shravan knows her well ❤️

ending was cute

thanks for writing 👍🏼

Isabel thumbnail

Originally posted by: sambag

Just wondering how do you watch EKDV then..subtitles!!! I admire then your perseverance.

That's so nice of you...Sam...Thank you...yes...indeed...I will message you if I plan to visit again...Bangalore...I would love to see the places you mentioned....you're correct...Kodaikanal is in TN...I actually covered as Southern part of India...

Yes...you're correct...I use...subtitle...to watch...EDKV2...that was one of the reasons also...I joined this forum...what helps me to understand the subtle...of the story....everyone here has been so helpful...