Ek Duje Ke Vaaste 2

Spellwork- A Drabble Competition! Note on PG 5!

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Scriptina Regularis a magical practice involving creating spells, especially new enchantments which are intricate or complex.

Today we are here to vote for the best drabbles out of the lot!

It gives me immense pleasure to announce that we have a total of 9 entries. The writers have created beautiful creations with their imagination and hard work. Their work deserves to be cherished! So don't forget to vote for them!

Rules for voting are-

You can vote for maximum 3 drabbles

You cannot vote for your own drabble/s

The writers will be allowed to post their beautiful creations in the Main Forum after the competition, do not comment on their pieces under this thread!

Newbie's votes won't count, sorry!

Voting can be done till 12.00 PM IST, 7th August 2020!

Do not advertise your own piece!

Do not edit you post once you have voted!

You have a whole week to vote hence take your time, read all pieces and then vote!

I expect all drabbles to have a similar 'like' structure as all writers deserve the praise!

In case of a tie there will be a separate thread for voting!

To support unbiased voting my votes won't count!

While voting do mention the piece's correct name!

Anyone can vote for this competition irrespective of the thing whether you have been to the forum earlier or not!

Writers if you find some mistake in your drabble please inform me as soon as possible via PM and I ask for your forgiveness beforehand itself!

There will be a guessing game on 7th August once the voting period ends where you all will get to guess the writers of each drabble!😉

And yes you can ask me any queries under this thread!

Happy reading!❤️

Edited by Pranushka_723 - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Broken Hearts

Suman clenched her jaw to stop her tears from spilling out as Shravan whispered, “I never loved you”. He bit his lip and looked away. His heart couldn’t bear to see the pained expression on his Sumo’s face. Shravan promised to himself â€œI will never love anyone the way I love you”. 

He looked up with shock when Suman whispered back, “I know”. Suman closed her eyes and thought to herself, â€œWas it really all just an act, Shravan? Was I really stupid enough to believe that you actually loved me?” 

Shravan looked down trying to hide his tears. He remembered their beautiful moments together. â€œYou never felt my love when we were together? Didn’t you see it in my eyes?” There was an awkward silence between them, hiding their love. 

Suman sighed, “I guess we aren’t made for each other”. 

Shravan nodded in agreement but his heart said, â€œFor me, no one is more perfect than you”. 

Suman forced a smile on her face and stuck her hand out. “I wish you all the best for your future”. Without me...The second Shravan held her hand, they felt a spark go through their bodies. They both knew they were making a mistake by letting each other go. Suman pulled her hand back but Shravan didn’t let go.

He gulped, “Can I...hold you one last time?” Suman blinked away her tears and shook her head. Shravan pleaded, “Please?”

Her voice broke, “Why? You never loved me”. 

Shravan gave a broken smile and said, “I always cared about you...as a friend. I know we won’t meet again”. He thought to himself, â€œI want to feel your heartbeat again”.

Suman stepped towards Shravan, allowing him to embrace her. His hold tightened around her as they deepened their hug. She thought, â€œHold me and don’t let go, Shravan”. They got lost in each other’s touch until Shravan gently brushed his lips on Suman’s neck. Suman gasped and shot her eyes open. She whispered, “Friends don’t hug like this”. 

Shravan moved back realizing what he had done and said, “I should go now. Goodbye Sumo...sorry, I meant Suman”. He turned to leave and thought to himself, â€œPlease stop me, Sumo. Don’t let me go so easily. I need you”. 

Suman watched her Shravan walk away. He was leaving her life forever. â€œPlease don’t go, Shravan. How will I live without you?”

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Becoming Shravan

The air was crisp, the feeling was warm as I rode pillion with Shravan. I closed my eyes as the light wind blew against my skin and Iinched closer to Shravan wrapping my arms around his chest and I think I sensed a slight sway of the bike as if Shravan was caught surprised. I smiled and threw my head back a little reminiscing my thoughts. It was not so long ago that I had said he was coward and that notion was broken when he came by and told my entire family that he had not organized Dabbu’s birthday. I had called him fraud, but he broken that too by trying to redeem himself by serving at the canteen. I had called him insensitive, but he proved me wrong by jumping in to ride me late in the night to the cantonment. I called him show off, but he proved me wrong by bending down to clean my shoes at the party. He made me break discipline, but I never regretted as he upheld my happiness always. I know he loves me but this time I hope he will himself brave. I opened my eyes to look into the rear mirror to see his dreamy eyes just for me.

Its payback time and today I have lied to my family by saying I am again going to meet Dad at the cantonment but truth to be told Iwanted to spend some time with Shravan. I do not regret it because I think Iowe this to Shravan and us. I have finally told him that Papa has already left so no point going to the cantonment but from his lopsided smile I guess he has understood my intentions. I will now let him take me on this ride to overwhelm my heart and my being. He has not failed me as we stand close to each other looking at the moon and its embers reflecting in the lake. Finally, he whispers huskily near my ears setting my nerves on fire “So you wanted this as much as I. I must say with me you have started being a little carefree, a little naughty, a little romantic and a little Shravanish”. I smiled and interlaced my fingers with his recollecting what he said “Am I becoming a little more Shravan, as he becomes Sumanish”.

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Warmth of Love

Suman was packing her bags. It's time for her to join the regiment after holidays.

Kanchan came in the room and turned the music player on.

Thodi der played.

The song  played.

Dil charkhe ki ik tu dori
Sufi iska rang haaye

Isme jo tera khwaab piroya
Neende bani patang

Dil bharta nahi Aakhe rajjti nahi
Chaahe kitna bhi dekhti jaau

Suman felt a stir of emotions in her. Somehow she could connect this song with her, yes, only her Shravan. Shravan Devraj Malhotra, her lost love. Lost years ago...

Waqt jaaye main rok na paau
Tu thodi der aur theher ja

soneya

She quickly wiped off the year that threatened to fall from her eye, before Kanchan or anyone could see that.

How she wished to see her Shravan again!

Suman was in the train.

When it's gone, you'll know what a gift love was.

A lone drop of tear fell down from her eye. A vendor was selling aloo tikki in  in the compartment. She looked at him and smiled to herself. Her Shravan loved to eat aloo tikki. She remembered those golden days she spent with him in Bhopal. 

' 2 tikki please.'

Suman was startled. The voice was so close to Shravan's! Can this be Shravan? She looked around. No this can't be him. Never. She controlled the sob and waited for the journey to end, so that she can immerse herself in her duty and try to forget his memories.

As Suman came down of the train at the platform, she waited for her nee colleague, who she hadn't see yet. She was supposed to go to the regiment with him. She wondered how to recognise him when a voice shook her.

' Excuse me, are you Major Tiwari!'

Suman was shocked. Like a robot, she turned around and saw him. Shravan Malhotra

' Suman?'

' Shravan?'

At that moment only, in a shop, the song Thodi der played.

zaalima
Tu thodi der aur theher jaa
zaalima
Tu thodi der aur theher ja. (theher ja)

Both of them prayed for the moment to never end as they hugged and cried out, all the feelings the had buried deep inside their hearts.

zaalima
Tu thodi der

Bas thodi der aur theher ja

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Indefinite Proposal

One fine morning of a dull day, Shravan woke up determined to have his heart spoken to the love of his life. Ever since his mentor and neighbour Vijay had come to praise his efforts at the group study sessions, Shravan had begun taking decisions a rather too impulsively. Even if it meant chasing the pizza delivery guy for his change of 2 Rs.

Bunty was done informed with where he seemed like a contestant on a game show depleted of options and a thinking hat. Jibbing yet finally turning to go ahead with whatever lied in front.

Multiple scenarios were tried out mentally and rejected. ‘Google Miyaan is useless!’, was all Bunty had to declare after a thorough scan through “How to propose to a girl” 's search results. Ultimately it was decided on Shravan taking Suman out on a movie and both boys prided themselves for not having another wasted afternoon.

Suman took a little while to be convinced, with her firing away a barrage of questions for the most part and then on the mentioning of it being an army based movie, unwillingly snapping a yes.

“Tomorrow 8?”

“Okay. I’ll book the tickets.”

Shravan took to the best shirt to be worn for the D-day, eventually settling on a camouflage green shirt and matching green pants. Bunty marvelled at the theme his best friend had chosen and how fittingly it complemented Suman and the movie. His lines were well rehearsed into the night that day and he found his abandoned school play’s lines coming to use at last. Sleep was a sweet baby had willingly hopped into his arms as an overly amazing day awaited him. He snuggled the tickets and kissed them a good night.

What could go wrong after all?

The next morning dawned and Shravan had a few missed calls, well if 20 counts in the category. Perhaps Murphy was right with his law all along.

“Hello SUMO!”

“What Sumo! Where are you!”

The ticket that still fitted snugly in his palms, drenched with overnight saliva displayed a little A.M to the right of the number 8.

Army kids and their love for mornings I tell you!

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Mayfly!

Shravan pinched his forehead and called Captain Tiwari in his cabin. Suman came infront of his cabin with a smile and knocked on his door to which Shravan replied, "You need not knock, right?" Suman saluted him and stood in front of his table, "Your girlfriend doesn't have to but your junior has to!" She looked at Shravan's stiff posture and tried scrutinizing the emotions behind the dark brown orbs. She called Shravan, "Everything all right? You look tensed?"

Shravan came near Suman and with a soft voice spoke, "I have to go to XYZ, terrorists have covered the area"

The sudden news made fear crawl in Suman's senses, she held the chair nearby "The one where Major Singh and Captain Chopra martyred!"

Shravan nodded, "Yes! I'll have to go right now, don't worry for me!"

Suman looked down and with a quivering voice spoke, "That's so easy to say! Do you even know the possibilities?"

Shravan took her hands in his, "I know and that's why I called you! Even if I come wrapped in tri-colour, don't cry! Remember me as your mayfly...." Shravan felt a hot liquid drop on his hand, "the one who loved you for a day" 

Suman couldn't take it any more and spoke with trembling voice, "The Mayfly's partner too doesn't last long without it."

Shravan pulled her cheeks, "Mayfly? You are my cutipie"

Suman gave a sad smile, "That's lame!"

"But it still made you smile"

"Why does it always happen with us Shravan? It's been just a day to our confession and today this came up! "

He continued, "I don't know Sumo, fate will play it's game"

"AND THAT'S WHY I AM WORRIED, Shravan! I never liked this game of fate, earlier it cost me my father...I can't trust it again..." Suman sat back on the chair and looked away hiding her tears!

"Is this how you send off your boyfirend? I had high expectations Captain!"

"Irrespective of my feelings you have to go for our country But remember you HAVE TO COME BACK!"

"I will, for my nation, for you! Walk me till the gate!"

"I won't Major! I fear....I fear my emotions won't let you go! I can't keep them in for a long time! You should go before they consume me." 

Shravan nodded understanding her situation and walked away, maybe for the day or maybe for a lifetime!

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Kaise Hua

Suman held Shravan’s hand and said, “Go Dev...the country needs you”. Shravan turned her around and Suman gave him a smile. She gently poked his ribs to cue him to say the final line. 

Suman grew confused as the dazed Shravan looked deeply into her eyes and gently kissed her hand. This wasn’t part of the scene. He sighed, “I will always come back to you because I love you, Sumo”. Suman’s eyes widened hearing Shravan say her name instead of Heer. Gasps and murmurs were heard throughout the audience. Hearing the loud whispers and seeing Suman’s shocked face, Shravan realized what he said and quickly corrected himself but the damage had been done. 

After the play, Suman quickly left and Shravan didn’t have a chance to explain himself. She wasn’t even picking up his calls in the evening. Suman experienced mixed feelings. Why did he say her name? Suddenly, Suman heard something near her window. She turned around to see that Shravan had climbed into her room. Seeing her angry expression, Shravan stuttered that he came here because he wanted to talk to her and she wasn’t picking up his calls. After an awkward silence, Suman asked, “Why did you say that?”

Shravan looked away and murmured, “Sorry...It slipped out by accident”.

Suman held Shravan’s face and made him look at her. “You’re lying. You are a good liar but I know your eyes don’t lie, Shravan”. 

Shravan nodded, “Yes, you’re right. I don’t know when or how...but I’m in love with you, Sumo”. Suman stood there stunned hearing his confession. Shravan held her hand but let go when she flinched. He sighed, “I promise I won’t let my feelings get in the way of our friendship. You don’t need to feel the same way about me”.

Suman looked away and absorbed in what Shravan had kept inside him. She whispered, “I...need time”. Shravan bit his lip trying to hide his sadness and started to leave. Suman called after him and asked, “Shravan, did your friendship have any ulterior motive?”

Shravan smiled, “No, I don’t need anything besides your friendship”. He turned to leave but Suman stopped him again.

She surprised him by placing a soft peck on his cheek and said, “This is a new start for us, Shravan. I was waiting for the perfect moment to tell you that I love you too”. 

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Rains in January

I always enjoyed rains but today I really did not feel enthusiastic about the sudden burst of showers. I was on my way to the staff canteen, a few meters away and was dressed in casuals. I rushed to nearby huge peepal tree to save myself from getting embarrassed as the water seeped through my tee and I knew if I was there for some more time, I will leave nothing for imagination to the onlookers. As I turned around the corner to save myself form the gusts of wind that seemed to be intent on drenching me head to toe, I saw HIM trying to dodge the droplets. As our eyes met, we could feel the longing, the pain still raw and bleeding. His eyes spoke volumes and probably mine too as the pangs of separation danced in our eyes. I looked away as he inched closer to me probably trying to keep me warm as I rubbed my palms on my naked arms.

Suddenly there was a very loud thunder and on instinct I hid in his chest. It seemed like after a long nomadic journey I had finally found home in his arms and his warm chest. I soaked in the musky woody smell and tried to memorize every inch of his skin as he wrapped his arms around drawing me close. He softly whispered, “Sumo you still are afraid of loud thunder, your stint in the armed forces does not seem to have changed that”. Realization hit me that I was in HIS arms and I stepped back and investigated his black orbs which showed hurt at my movement. I turned my back to him and closed my eyes as his breath fanned my back. I felt his lips graze my shoulders and heard him say “Fight as much you can Sumo you cannot deny that you still love me and only me”. I then felt him wrapping his jacket around my shoulders. I opened my eyes to see the sun peeping back amongst the clouds as I saw Shravan break into a jog. I now noticed a beautiful rainbow spreading across the sky and I realized Shravan was right and its time to fill our lives with colours of the love and push the grudge and egos to distant oblivion. I think I just fell in love with the rains in January.

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Boon and Bane

I must have been starring into the mirror for eternity cause the shiny surface seemed blotched with my heavy breaths. No. I wasn’t crying. How stupidly hilarious is the disproportion of things working in this universe? While my family and I believe in rules, the world we live in likes to muddle in doldrums and chaotic traditions. 

I rubbed the mirror trying to have a better look at myself and the plain surroundings around me. My eyes looked red and it perfectly complemented the green eye shadow that Kanchan had insisted on me. In the mirror, my vision fell on a distant table kept near the entrance of my bedroom. A bridal lehenga kept perched on it, its hem almost camouflaging the existence of the table.

I looked away to study the lehenga directly, without a second screen. Green and a shade of purple, just as I had envisaged for the day once.

I sinfully looked at my hands as I rubbed them on my face trying to let go of the thoughts with the moment. The time was  drawing near. But they returned with a bang all the more. My ring finger donned a beautiful emerald ring. It was simple, the gems were placed as if resembling a feather. Well that’s what I had thought initially but Shravan had a different thought behind, when he had proposed.

“Sorry, that was the closest I could find that would remind you of the army”, had been his modest reply at the bond marker and I became an even firm believer of the future that followed. We were engaged two months back and he had been quick to decide on a wedding. 

“Let’s skip the engagement ceremony altogether”, he had said and I had burst into a laughter at his silliness. Being a Major in the army had been unsuccessful in taking away his childlike personality. “The funnest and the bravest officer we have worked with”, I used to hear my and his colleagues alike, say. And I never doubted. He was always so good in roles, his lines, his timing.

“He’s here”, I heard Kanchan stutter and call out from the bedroom door which took a minute for me to realize that I had been summoned. Shravan was arriving. But ditching the silver horse for our nation’s Tiranga.

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Wounds

Suman was seating in a dimly lit tent cleaning her gun. As she was intently cleaning the gun she heard the tent door open in a single action and as a protective reflex she stood up and hit the person with her gun's grip. "Crazy woman" came the voice on being hit. Suman could have recognized that voice in any corner of the world, she instantly regretted her action, it was Shravan, Major Shravan Malhotra!

Suman said a quick sorry and went to fetch the torch at the corner of the tent where she was seated earlier. Shravan meanwhile touched his collarbone as he felt some blood ooze out, his fingertips instantly got covered with the shining red liquid. Suman came with a small torch and got worried seeing the blood on Shravan's fingertips. She splayed the torch light on his collar and gasped, the uniform had absorbed some of the blood. A lump formed in her throat as she wanted to say a sorry.

Shravan saw her shocked as well as guilty expression and spoke, "The dinner is served early today, come on time"

"I am sorry Shr...Major, I was just alarmed by the sudden intrusion"

"I should be the one thanking you Captain, I am alive here, all at your mercy or had you known it's me I am sure you would have fired a bullet" Shravan spoke sarcastically!

Suman got offended at his remark, "What do you mean? After the sudden terrorist attack we had yesterday I thought it was again an attack. Moreover you should have announced that you are here, I didn't even hear your footsteps. You came in like a thief and are blaming me now!"

"A properly lit tent wouldn't have you alarmed and me wounded!" Shravan spoke ignoring her accusations 

"My torch wasn't working! Anyway, wait a minute "

"Excuses!" Shravan whispered while Suman went to bring the first aid box 

"Sit here and stay still Major till I bandage your wound"

"I'll do it myself"

"You didn't know it earlier!"

"I DO NOW" and the three words somehow pierced Suman's heart!

Shravan continued "Circumstances change a person and trust me Captain I had the best!

Suman just hummed in response, thinking of their previous cordial talks she said, "I thought wounds heal with time"

"But the scars remain"

"And they haunt you reminding about the wounds" Suman completed his words.