Sona Mohapatra says Ram Sampath Was Targeted By 'Illiterate Gang"

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Singer Sona Mohapatra took to Twitter to reveal that her husband, composer and singer Ram Sampath was targetted by an "illiterate gang" in Bollywood and it took him two years to recover. This comes after music maestro AR Rahman took to Twitter to say that he was being targeted by a gang who was stopping him from getting good work.

Sona took to Twitter and wrote in a series of tweets, "This ‘illiterate self-important’ gang works against any genuine, classy, dignified, talented creative professional. Felt heartbroken seeing Ram Sampath go through hell, worse, finally plug out of this toxic biotope 3 years ago. The final straw was #Raees. Took him 2yrs to recover post."

She also took a dig at Farhan Akhtar and Sonakshi Sinha."Not just the low-brow film awards,even in music concerts headlining big international acts, stage is shared by musical greats like Sonakshi Sinha, Farhan Akhtar. The latter also ‘performs’ for the #CokeStudio on ground gigs, women’s orgs, commonwealth games. This is on you #India," she added.

"But plug out we must. Ram dealt with his depression & deep disappointment by blocking many of these bullies from his life & phone register,taking up martial arts,working with,archiving folk & classical musicians in our studio,finding solace in music,writing scripts. #MentalHealth," she concluded her thread.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sona Mohapatra Says She Never Got A Second Chance After 'Ambarsariya' Got Snubbed By 'Music Mafia'

Reacting to Zoya Akhtar's recent interview where she spoke about nepotism, Mohapatra stated that she doesn't agree with her stance. 

"Your privilege need not be ur guilt but it need not make you so glib,condescending & smug.Of course u cannot ‘change’ ur parents.But what u can do is recognise the fortune,opportunities u were born into.Use ur privilege to bring fairness & balance?No. ‘Will not share MY cake’," she wrote.

"Not very subtle.( FYI, Ambarsariya; both Javed & Farhan Akhtar were hostile/hated it.Only song Excel didn’t bother to shoot a music video for,montage got cut after much. Long story there but of course it’s no surprise why I never got a ‘second chance’. Stood up to the master,” she wrote. 

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Didn't she sing Rangabati in kaun kitne pani Mein.. Or did I get the timeline wrong? 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JackSparrowcraz

Sona Mohapatra Says She Never Got A Second Chance After 'Ambarsariya' Got Snubbed By 'Music Mafia'

Reacting to Zoya Akhtar's recent interview where she spoke about nepotism, Mohapatra stated that she doesn't agree with her stance. 

"Your privilege need not be ur guilt but it need not make you so glib,condescending & smug.Of course u cannot ‘change’ ur parents.But what u can do is recognise the fortune,opportunities u were born into.Use ur privilege to bring fairness & balance?No. ‘Will not share MY cake’," she wrote.

"Not very subtle.( FYI, Ambarsariya; both Javed & Farhan Akhtar were hostile/hated it.Only song Excel didn’t bother to shoot a music video for,montage got cut after much. Long story there but of course it’s no surprise why I never got a ‘second chance’. Stood up to the master,” she wrote. 

What the 😡😡😡

I LOOOOOOVE Ambarsariya. And was always pissed I don't have the full video for that. These wolves in sheep's clothing.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Was it sabotage ? 😆

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Why will anyone do anything to Ambarsariyaa. That song is ❤️

monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Damn the whole industry seems to be ruled by megalomaniacs needing ego boost from each n everyone who is not part of the gang.

Feel terrible about every artist who undergoes such mental paint for the love of their art. 

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I remember she was the judge in srgm on zee. But once #metoo movement started and she raised her voice on it, she was removed and replaced by Richa Sharma.

That's how it works

Originally posted by: tina59

I remember she was the judge in srgm on zee. But once #metoo movement started and she raised her voice on it, she was removed and replaced by Richa Sharma.

That's how it works

Naah it doesn't seem to be the reason.Sona is outspoken.By now all of us would have known it.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/singer-richa-sharma-steps-in-for-sona-mohapatra-as-judge-on-music-reality-show/articleshow/66591367.cms#:~:text=Singer%20Sona%20Mohapatra%2C%20who%20judges,her%20team%2C%20Sona%20Ka%20Gharana.