Dhrubotara - Agni's gameplan

skar1984 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi All,

Does anyone understand Agni's character? I'm re- watching some of the earlier episodes and he claims to Love Tara but then doesn't take a hot second to turn on her and call her a traitor?!

I don't understand why or how he thinks Tara betrayed them? Tara has been handling the family business with her Bhalo baba, Agni was away, Dhrubo even said in one scene that it took him 5 years to bring the Chowdhury's down, because of Tara's presence/involvement in business. 

Agni is so obtuse that he can't see that the day Mr. Lahiri came and threw them out of the house as he was the new owner (i'll be making a separate post on this topic), Shekhar Chowdhury falls ill, they have no money to pay for his treatment and Agni tells Tara to arrange for the money. He tells her "get the money from where ever you can, even if that means selling yourself" I have so many issues with that statement - like how do you even think to say such a nasty thing to the person you claim to love?!  Clearly he doesn't love her as he says he does. 

Tara goes back to Mr. Lahiri to accept defeat and he puts forth a deal - he'll return everything he took on the condition Tara marries him. Seeing no other option to save her "family" she relents and sacrifices herself. HOW can Agni be this dull that he can't put 2 and 2 together?

Where is Agni getting the idea that Tara married DJ for money? Like how does that make sense? Lets assume for a moment, Agni's theory is accurate - Tara is hungry for money/power etc, if that's the case, why would Mr. Lahiri agree to marry his rival's daughter? This is all clearly Mr. Lahiri's doing... how does Agni not see that?!

Now - getting involved with Gunja - i really don't understand his game here. Yes, getting involved with Gunja is a personal attack on Mr. Lahiri - if Gunja claims to love Agni - he'd have to be mindful of how to deal with Agni - ok that part makes sense. Its another way to essentially torment/defame/bruise the ego. Outside of that i don't get his plan - he says he's going to use Gunja and have her stand up against her dad - she already hates her dad's guts, nothing new to add here... Then Agni says that when his involvement with Gunja comes out in the open - Tara will be accused/questioned. How? Gunja can't stand Tara so clearly Gunja wasn't out meeting Taras friends. Tara doesn't hang out with Agni - for Gunja to have any way to meet him. How does this fall on Tara?

Over all i really like how the show is progressing so far but i really hope the negativity doesn't hit the level as most shows typically do where the focus shifts from the core story and just turns into a saga of antics and antagonists plotting/scheming and succeeding with hardly any repercussions. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaon thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

That's Agni for you. 

He expects everyone to be perfect, and he can just do silly things and shake off all responsibility. In case something goes wrong, he will find someone to blame, mainly Tara. He is still holding on to Tubri's incident and labeling her a traitor at the drop of the hat. His faith in a person is like a broken vase put together with low quality glue. A feather-light touch can break it and the pieces will be everywhere. 

He loves Tara. He does. But his definition of love is very superficial, it is all sweet words and flowers and chocolates and then too, it depends on his mood.

He doesn't think before saying the things he says, he doesn't think before he does what he does. The things he did at the hospital, or at Tara's reception party.. Let's not go there or I will end up writing a long essay. 

Agni doesn't even care about his own family. His father is in coma, they might not be able to pay for his treatment, or the maintenance fees for the house, and he is busy playing petty games and manipulating Gunja, with no clear idea as to how he will use her against her father, or how it will help his current situation. He saw Dhruba's weak spot, and jumped at the opportunity to hurt Dhruba via Gunja. 

Also, I find it both hilarious and frustrating, that he cannot think that Tara has chosen Dhruba because she wanted to marry that guy. She never said anything about any compulsion, and in public, both Dhruba and Tara behave like a normal couple, but nope, it is all about money and power, why else would she choose Dhruba over the amazing Agni Choudhuri? If he thinks she is a traitor, why not think that she did it because she liked Dhruba? Why paint her as a gold digger? 

Because Agni is a spoilt, egoistic idiot, that's why. 

Sweetdream897 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The writer deliberately makes Agni negative for highlighting DT. There has no reason  of a high educated guy who has recently came  from abroad, acts like this. 

Now this time the cunning way he blames Tara for kidnapping, attempting to murder of DJ, I am done with this rubbish. If he is that much talented to escape from this, then how can he be still unemployed?