Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I was feeling masochistic, so I actually read that blog post 😆.

Manyumayo = wrath or resentment 

Manyu = Passion, rage, anger, spirit (not spiritual)

He's trying to pass off spirit as spiritual. 

The 1st sentence in poisoning episode mentions Karna, but the 2nd sentence which actually contains the plot does not. Poor Vyasa. 😆 

Re: Panchali episode. She was wearing one garment. Forget the fact he wouldn't know if women went topless in "those days," stripping the one garment meant she was made completely naked. I don't understand where he is getting the impression Karna didn't order that assault.

Thankyou dear it explains pretty well.

Whichever versions I read had Karna's involvement in major Duryodhan's conspiracies excluding Lakshagriha where his name isn't mentioned (removed by BORI) so this blog had come as a shock to me. 

They generally try to make random excuses 

In another blog someone said that human staking didn't happen in DyutSabha. That is an interpolation 

I guess I should write a blog explaining that Dusshashan never dragged or tried to disrobe Draupadi

HearMeRoar thumbnail

@FP

For the dice hall assault, people say it wasn't mentioned elsewhere, so could be interpolation. BORI NEVER says this and should be considered weird if they did say it 😆 Because their own texts mention it after. KMG does, too. The citations are from both places because I never bothered looking up corresponding parts of CE, not imagining even this would have to be proved.

Bheema mentions Panchali's nakedness, and Suyodhana says she was disrobed. Krishna uses whitewashed words like "outraged" and made to "suffer indignities." Also clear from the enemies' words (not included here, and I have a long list) is what duties were meant for her as slave

🤢

DURING THE SCENE

CE, Volume 2, 285 (60)

He entered the house of thosemaharathas and told Princess Droupadi, “O Panchali! O Krishna! You have 

been won by us.Look upon Duryodhana without any shame. O one with eyes like long lotus petals! You 

willnow love the Kurus. You have been won in accordance with dharma. Come to the sabha.” 

But he forcibly grabbed her by her black hair and told Krishna, “Pray to Krishna and Jishnuand Hari and 

Nara.201 Cry out for help, but I will take you. O Yajnaseni! This may be thetime of your menses. But 

whether you are clad in a single garment or in no garments at all,you have been won at the game and 

are now a slave. One can sport with a slave as onedesires.

Her hair was dishevelled. As she was pulled around by Duhshasana, her half-garment had come loose.

She burnt with shame and mortification.

(same scene from KMG)

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m02/m02066.htm

But Dussasana dragging Draupadi forcibly by her black locks while she was praying piteously unto 

Krishna and Vishnu who were Narayana and Nara (on earth), said unto her--'Whether thy season 

hath come or not, whether thou art attired in one piece of cloth or entirely naked, when thou hast been 

won at dice and made our slave, thou art to live amongst our serving-women as thou pleasest."

AFTER THE SCENE

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m03/m03182.htm

When the population of Kuru-jangala beheld Krishna outraged in the assembly hall, who but yourself 

could brook that conduct, O Pandu's son, which was so repugnant both to virtue and usage? No doubt, 

you will, before long, rule over men in a praiseworthy way, all your desires being fulfilled. Here are we 

prepared to chastise the Kurus, as soon as the stipulation made by you is fully performed!

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m05/m05029.htm

Look once more at that vilest of all their acts,--the conduct of the Kurus in the council-hall. That those 

Kurus, at whose head stood Bhishma did not interfere when the beloved wife of the sons of Pandu, 

daughter of Drupada, of fare fame, pure life, and conduct worthy of praise, was seized, while weeping, by 

that slave of

p. 50

lust. The Kurus all, including young and old, were present there. If they had then prevented that indignity 

offered to her, then I should have been pleased with Dhritarashtra's behaviour. It would have been for the 

final good of his sons also. Dussasana forcibly took Krishna into the midst of the public hall wherein were 

seated her fathers-in-law. Carried there, expecting sympathy, she found none to take her part, except 

Vidura. The kings uttered not a word of protest, solely because they were a set of imbeciles. Vidura alone 

spoke words of opposition, from a sense of duty,--words conceived in righteousness addressed to that 

man (Duryodhana) of little sense. Thou didst not, O Sanjaya, then say what law and morality were, but 

now thou comest to instruct the son of Pandu! Krishna, however, having repaired to the hall at that time 

made everything right, for like a vessel in the sea, she rescued the Pandavas as also herself, from that 

gathering ocean (of misfortunes)! Then in that hall, while Krishna stood, the charioteer's son addressed 

her in the presence of her fathers-in-law saying, 'O Daughter of Drupada thou hast no refuge. Better 

betake thyself as a bond-woman to the house of Dhritarashtra's son. Thy husbands, being defeated, no 

longer exist. Thou hast a loving soul, choose some one else for thy lord.' This speech, proceeding from 

Karna, was a wordy arrow, sharp, cutting all hopes, hitting the tenderest parts of the organisation, and 

frightful. It buried itself deep in Arjuna's heart.

CE, Volume 4, 721 (58)

‘“Vasudeva said, ‘O Sanjaya! In the presence of the foremost among the Kurus and inDrona’s hearing, 

speak these words to the intelligent Dhritarashtra. “Offer a large number ofsacrifices and donate 

stipends to the brahmanas. Enjoy yourselves with your sons and wives.A great danger confronts you. 

Distribute your riches among deserving ones. Have sons bornout of love. Do good deeds towards those 

you love. The king132 will soon be victorious. Thatold debt is still impaled in my heart, because I have 

not repaid it. When I was far away,Krishna cried out, ‘Govinda!’133

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m09/m09005.htm

While clad in a single raiment and in her season, the princess Krishna was treated cruelly by Duhshasana 

in the midst of the assembly and before the eyes of all. Those scorchers of foes, the Pandavas, who still 

remember the naked Draupadi plunged into distress, can never be dissuaded from battle.

"'"Then again, Krishna, the daughter of Drupada, is in sorrow, undergoing the austerest of penances for 

my destruction and the success of the objects cherished by her husbands, and sleepeth every day on the 

bare ground, intending to do so till the end of the hostilities is attained. Abandoning honour and pride, 

the uterine sister of Vasudeva (Subhadra) is always serving Draupadi as veritable waiting woman. 

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m09/m09059.htm

Having attained to the other shores of those fierce hostilities, Vrikodara once more laughingly said these 

words slowly unto Yudhishthira and Keshava and Srinjaya and Dhananjaya and the two sons of Madri, 

"They that had dragged Draupadi, while ill, into the assembly and had disrobed her there, behold 

those Dhartarashtras slain in battle by the Pandavas through the ascetic penances of Yajnasena's 

daughter! Those wicked-hearted sons of king Dhritarashtra who had called us 'Sesame seeds without 

kernel,' have all been slain by us with their relatives and followers! It matters little whether (as a 

consequence of those deeds) we go to heaven or fall into hell!"

HearMeRoar thumbnail

In fact, I'm going to look up that "outraged" word used by Krishna rught now. My guess it will translate to something less civil like assaulted.

Thanks for the complete citation

This is so unrealistic to state that disrobe or Human staking didn't happen

I mean if the Human staking didn't happen and Pandavas were still free were they seriously madmen to let assault on Draupadi.

Why do people want to justify the wrongs

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Thanks for the complete citation

This is so unrealistic to state that disrobe or Human staking didn't happen

I mean if the Human staking didn't happen and Pandavas were still free were they seriously madmen to let assault on Draupadi.

Why do people want to justify the wrongs

I'm not sure why there is even a question of the assault happened when both Bheema and Suyodhana mention it, and Krishna mentions it actually several times except not so bluntly. Problem is it was an emotionally and socially iffy thing to openly talk about then and now. Even so, other characters mention it. So yeah, not sure why people would imagine it didn't happen. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Hello😊

Ardi had KZK moment with that  red dupatta😆

Edited by deepikagupta9 - 3 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

You are a Drauholic as well😊

Hi sabhyata

Remember we met in bigg Boss 13 & MSK forum

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

This is drapaudi s AT. Appreciation thread are supposed to be used for praising and discussing the particular person. 

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

I definitely know but I wanted to share something related to draupadi only . I don't think u cant mentioned d scene in which draupadi herself is present 

Happy friendship day all