SLB claims he had to replace SSR in 4 movies due to dates

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I vividly remember Dibakar Banerjee's interview on his fab movie Byomkesh Bakshi, specifically when he mentioned he wanted to cast someone who was not a superstar yet, but on the verge of superstardom. And he picked SSR.

Over sometime I used to wonder why SSR couldn't cross that barrier to breakthrough. Well, come to think of it, he had 4 movies on the table from SLB. I now doubt it was really date issues at all. It is apparent that Half Girlfriend was snatched from him and given to (imo) talentless Arjun. It's quite possible the coterie pushed him out. Had he had these movies (and many more that we won't know) he could've had a shot at superstardom. Going by the blinds planted by KJo's salt and pepper haired chamcha, apart from these dirty games, he was also slandered. That could've impacted his confidence as well.

Article:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sanjay-leela-bhansali-tells-cops-why-he-replaced-sushant-singh-rajput-in-4-films-2258562

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

First of all who is your source when you are claiming he was offered 4 movies by SLB?

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

First of all who is your source when you are claiming he was offered 4 movies by SLB?

the same source that is pitting RS against SSR from the week it happened...........every article only shows in bold how RS got the movies that SSR was meant to do............

these are people who accused SSR of fake metoo allegations........what are the chances someone is not spreading fake articles pointing at their second most disliked star after SSR

Originally posted by: anjs

the same source that is pitting RS against SSR from the week it happened...........every article only shows in bold how RS got the movies that SSR was meant to do............

these are people who accused SSR of fake metoo allegations........what are the chances someone is not spreading fake articles pointing at their second most disliked star after SSR

That’s my point too...But clearly we haven’t learned any lessons from SSR’s tragedy!

Haiwan thumbnail

What do you mean by that?

I have inserted the link at the end, but in case you prefer another publication:

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/sanjay-leela-bhansali-was-planning-to-take-sushant-singh-rajput-in-four-of-his-films-police/articleshow/76830938.cms

I have clearly mentioned in the title that SLB claims he had to replace SSR due to date issues.

It is guesswork on my part that it might not just be date issues, especially with prestigious projects that SLB creates. Again mentioned in my post.

I said the projects were on the table, meaning offer was discussed. 

Originally posted by: tapori

What do you mean by that?

I have inserted the link at the end, but in case you prefer another publication:

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/sanjay-leela-bhansali-was-planning-to-take-sushant-singh-rajput-in-four-of-his-films-police/articleshow/76830938.cms

I have clearly mentioned in the title that SLB claims he had to replace SSR due to date issues.

It is guesswork on my part that it might not just be date issues, especially with prestigious projects that SLB creates. Again mentioned in my post.

I said the projects were on the table, meaning offer was discussed. 

All these articles were written after SSR’s departure....

In any of these links that you have posted, there is no direct quote from SLB claiming such a thing- though after learning a lesson about how these blinds work I wouldn’t believe in nothing less than a direct video link where he was shown saying this...

So I am asking you again, how did you know the projects were on table? 

Haiwan thumbnail

All these articles were written after SSR’s departure....

In any of these links that you have posted, there is no direct quote from SLB claiming such a thing- though after learning a lesson about how these blinds work I wouldn’t believe in nothing less than a direct video link where he was shown saying this...

So I am asking you again, how did you know the projects were on table? 

I'm not referring to blinds written by seedy publications. I doubt they'll release videos of the interrogation. I doubt SLB will ever own up to this in public

If you are skeptical that's okay. But stop questioning my knowledge.

These are sourced by quotes from Mumbai Police in news publications:

A day after director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali recorded his statement at Bandra Police Station in connection with Sushant Singh Rajput's suicide case, Abhishek Trimukhe, DCP (Zone IX), Mumbai Police said that Bhansali was planning to take the actor in four of his films.

"Sanjay Leela Bhansali was planning to take Sushant in four of his films. But due to unavailability of dates the films had other actors," Trimukhe said.

Originally posted by: tapori

I'm not referring to blinds written by seedy publications. I doubt they'll release videos of the interrogation. I doubt SLB will ever own up to this in public

If you are skeptical that's okay. But stop questioning my knowledge.

These are sourced by quotes from Mumbai Police in news publications:

A day after director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali recorded his statement at Bandra Police Station in connection with Sushant Singh Rajput's suicide case, Abhishek Trimukhe, DCP (Zone IX), Mumbai Police said that Bhansali was planning to take the actor in four of his films.

"Sanjay Leela Bhansali was planning to take Sushant in four of his films. But due to unavailability of dates the films had other actors," Trimukhe said.

Neither would they release the information to these  do kaude ke movie portals....

Again, these were all just he said she said...Where were the real quotes? Did the DCP make a statement to this effect? You do realize that anybody can make up any statement and attribute it to someone else, right?

I am not questioning your knowledge...But I am questioning the source from which you got this knowledge- see the difference?

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Half girlfriend wasn't snatched from him though.. he let go of it for Raabta because the dates were clashing

Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Of course slb had offered him some films, otherwise the police questioning would not have taken longer than 3 hours.

Or slb PR would have denied that he had ever offered anything sushant.

Some really need to calm down and stop jumping on other people just because they give their opinions about certain stars🤪