Taapsee in Game Over >> Taapsee in Thappad

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

For people who have praised Taapsee in Thappad, I would really recommend you watch Game Over. She is simply brilliant in the movie. Her performance is subtle, enigmatic, pure, and nuanced to a fault. I love the way in which she has portrayed an unhinged character whose turbulence is masked by a steely determination. I used to criticize her earlier, but this performance has won me over completely and I am now officially her fan. It's easily the BEST performance of last year, and she should have won an award.

I watched Thappad again and it's true that I missed out on a lot earlier. Taapsee, despite her limitations, has stepped into the shoes of her character and delivered an extremely sincere performance. She's not naturally gifted like Kangana or Vidya, but she is an actress who is taking chances and making a name for herself on her own terms.

I can say I'm glad I've changed my mind regarding her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY-R6NcnkbE

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I actually liked Pink the most. It hurts to admit that ðŸ˜†

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I actually liked Pink the most. It hurts to admit that ðŸ˜†

Yeah I always thought Pink was her debut😆

She was good in Manmarziyan too

It was in Badla that her weaknesses got exposed, but she redeemed herself in my eyes with Game Over😳

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Yeah I always thought Pink was her debut😆

She was good in Manmarziyan too

It was in Badla that her weaknesses got exposed, but she redeemed herself in my eyes with Game Over😳

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ9OliXgAR0

NO this was her Bollywood Debut