Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: ponymo

10k is average bill for middle-class? 

Our average bill is around Rs.1000-1500. What are we then?

That's good. I think area wise change hota hai, depending on who is supplying the power to you: govt ya private? I heard this from someone, I assume its true, baaki pata nahi.

I paid 10k this month, coz 2 ACs chalte hai around 8 hours a day atleast. Even in winters, without heater I pay around 5-6k per month (jabki I used to be in office the whole day).

Abhi to WFH ke chakkar me bill zyada ayega hi.

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

Just to put things into perspective here for those who don't know, this has been happening throughout Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane and not just for celebrities but normal people too. Even normal people are getting bills in the range of Rs. 10K-40K per month. This is mostly happening with people whose electricity is provided by Adani though people are also getting inflated bills from other companies but not as high as Adani. It's a huge scam and the whole city of Mumbai and Thane is shaken and raising their voice. Thankfully celebrities are voicing so hopefully it pressurizes them to stop the scam but yes it's horrible. My friend herself got a bill in the range of Rs. 25K in the month of April and May when her usual consumption was Rs.3K before lockdown. It's a horrible situation and absolutely shameless of the electric companies to fleece money in a time when the city is suffering so much from Corona and so many people losing their jobs. 

The ill effects of privatising basic necessities in this country.

Wow that's horrible😳

Sabke sab chor hai 😡

allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Just to put things into perspective here for those who don't know, this has been happening throughout Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane and not just for celebrities but normal people too. Even normal people are getting bills in the range of Rs. 10K-40K per month. This is mostly happening with people whose electricity is provided by Adani though people are also getting inflated bills from other companies but not as high as Adani. It's a huge scam and the whole city of Mumbai and Thane is shaken and raising their voice. Thankfully celebrities are voicing so hopefully it pressurizes them to stop the scam but yes it's horrible. My friend herself got a bill in the range of Rs. 25K in the month of April and May when her usual consumption was Rs.3K before lockdown. It's a horrible situation and absolutely shameless of the electric companies to fleece money in a time when the city is suffering so much from Corona and so many people losing their jobs. 

The ill effects of privatising basic necessities in this country.

Agree, my co-sister got a bill of 8K. Even in the peak of summer, our bills never have exceeded 3.5K. Could sense there is some issue.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: togepe30

That's good. I think area wise change hota hai, depending on who is supplying the power to you: govt ya private? I heard this from someone, I assume its true, baaki pata nahi.

I paid 10k this month, coz 2 ACs chalte hai around 8 hours a day atleast. Even in winters, without heater I pay around 5-6k per month (jabki I used to be in office the whole day).

Govt.

We have one AC which is on during afternoon and at night. But that's only during summer.

When we use AC the bill goes higher around 2.5k. But in seasons other than summer it rarely crosses 1000. That's why I said it's between 1-1.5k. And it's not like we take extra care in not spending more electricity. One side of the house doesn't get natural light, so lights are constantly on there even during the day. WiFi, TV, generator, all of these run 24x7, pretty much. But it still doesn't inflate the bill to 10k. That kind of a bill would be insane.

I don't think even the stars (who are rich) spend more than 10-20k. Middle class toh door ki baat hai.

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: togepe30

Same 

It's quite normal.

allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Hamare yahaan toh by design AC runs only for 15 mins for every three hours. Room ek baar thanda ho jaaye toh remote uthao aur band kar do.Upar se parents will start saying body is paining, band karde AC 😆

😆

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ZanduBaaM

Best CM apne PR ke liye diye hue paise vapaas le raha hai 🤣

Looks like it. My Mahavitaran bill is nearly thrice as much as that of the last few months when the usage hasn't gone up at all.

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Adani explains why Taapsee Pannu was charged a higher electricity bill of Rs 36,000

https://www.freepressjournal.in/entertainment/bollywood/adani-explains-why-taapsee-pannu-was-charged-a-higher-electricity-bill-of-rs-36000

👎🏼

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

'Rs 3,850 in May, Rs 36,000 in June: Unusual hike in electricity bill shocks celebs, Mumbai residents

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/trends/rs-3850-in-may-rs-36000-in-june-unusual-hike-in-electricity-bill-shocks-celebs-mumbai-residents/story/408342.html

😡

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Adani be like:

Baap ka, bhai ka, sabka badla lega re tera Adani🤣

Pichle 50 saal ka bill vasool lo. Jo dada, pardaada use karke gaye the.