Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

^^^^ Yeah, that's been my assumption as well!

I think they could have made a sensible comprehensive list of all the people that Krishna killed, and thrown him into Jarasandha's coalition:

• Shalva
  • Rukmi
  • Sishupala
  • Paundrak
  • Kashiraj
  • Dantavatra

That would have given them enough of a cast, w/o making people up

Vr15h thumbnail

Okay, my next question

Why do serials - including this one - not show the marriages of Krishna to Bhadra, Kalindi, Mitravindya, Satya and Lakshmanaa?

Granted, the only account of their marriages occurs in their conversations w/ Draupadi, while Jambavati's and Satyabhama's marriages are described in more detail in separate chapters.  But those 5 queens had more significance than Krishna's next 16,100 wives from Narakasura

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I have posted question in wrong thread. However I am giving link of my question

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153546798

Vr15h thumbnail

surabhi, I went there, but both places, you simply say you've posted in the wrong thread.  So what's your question?  The one about Ashwatthama and Krishna?

Edited by .Vrish. - 3 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

One thing about Krishna's childhood: how come the serial didn't describe the evacuation of Gokul and the migration of Nanda's people to Vrindavan?  The Govardhan mountain events took place at the latter

Vr15h thumbnail

Another point: in this serial, Sishupala was shown as much older than Krishna (particularly when Swapnil played the latter).  But it was clearly the other way around, if one recalls the story where Krishna visited his aunt in Chedi and Sishupala's 3rd eye and 2 extra arms fell off, and that was where Shrutashrava extracted from him the boon to spare him 100 times.

Also, Sishupala was not Jarasandha's adopted son, and wasn't in the line of succession in Magadh, as they showed in Rukmini's abduction.  He was the yuvraj of Chedi, and only entrusted in Jarasandha's care b'cos his father feared for him since Krishna was predicted to kill him.  But after his father died some time after the Rukmini incident, Sishupala returned to Chedi and became king

Other odd thing is that after Krishna's evacuation to Dwarka, when Jarasandha got the news of his survival, his allies - Rukmi, Shishupala, Shalya were all in his court, rather than back at their kingdoms.

surabhi01 thumbnail

Yes I want to ask about ashwathama and krishna but I have put posted that question in wrong thread that is swapnil at 

surabhi01 thumbnail

Actually late ramand sagar mix up or we can say he joined two incident together  like for eg there is scene  when balram heard that  Pandvavs died due to lakshgrah then balram become very sad and took plough to destroy whole earth 

First of all balram  never want to destroy earth 

Yes balram  want to destroy hastinapur with his plough when kaurav insult him before samb marriage 

So late ramand sagar mix lakshgrah grah and  balram getting angry on kaurav before samba marriage

I think now they are mixing two incident shisupal going to marry with rukmini and jarasandh battle with krishna 

In jarasandh battle with krishna , jarasandh allies were  king of vindya sena, king of Bengal  and king of yavanas( mlechha army) 

When krishna kidnapped rukmini    when rukmi fought with Lord krishna and balram  then at that at time   rukmi  allies were  jarasandh  , shalv  paundrak  shisupal 

So all  these jarasandh , shalv paundrak shisupal  fought with krishna during rukmini kidnapping  not when  jarasandh attack mathura 

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Another point: in this serial, Sishupala was shown as much older than Krishna (particularly when Swapnil played the latter).  But it was clearly the other way around, if one recalls the story where Krishna visited his aunt in Chedi and Sishupala's 3rd eye and 2 extra arms fell off, and that was where Shrutashrava extracted from him the boon to spare him 100 times.

Also, Sishupala was not Jarasandha's adopted son, and wasn't in the line of succession in Magadh, as they showed in Rukmini's abduction.  He was the yuvraj of Chedi, and only entrusted in Jarasandha's care b'cos his father feared for him since Krishna was predicted to kill him.  But after his father died some time after the Rukmini incident, Sishupala returned to Chedi and became king

Other odd thing is that after Krishna's evacuation to Dwarka, when Jarasandha got the news of his survival, his allies - Rukmi, Shishupala, Shalya were all in his court, rather than back at their kingdoms.

@red,

That's probably another reason why Swapnil wasn't kept as Krishna. All the other actors looked way older than him. ðŸ˜†

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

One thing about Krishna's childhood: how come the serial didn't describe the evacuation of Gokul and the migration of Nanda's people to Vrindavan?  The Govardhan mountain events took place at the latter

I used to wonder that too, but I think this show kind of used both places synonymously, because it's referred to as 'Vrindavan' and 'Vraj' during the Radha sequence when they never actually moved from Gokul and Nand-Yashoda still live in the same house.

There was actually a lot more uncovered material Ramanand Sagar could have shown but didn't, and that's mainly due to the budget issue he had. I'm sure if he had the budget like BRC did, he'd have covered a lot more material, but he wasn't as financially stable as he was during Ramayan, and we can see evidence of that especially later on in the show when certain scenes are shot with fewer characters and simpler sets. Also, the graphics and technology of the show was even lesser than Ramayan, as he had to make do with what he had. Compare the costumes of Sita and her sisters in Mithila, or Kaushalya, Sumitra and Kaikeyi in Ayodhya, to the royal ladies of Mathura. The Mathura ladies look a little shabbier in comparison. That's also one of the reasons the show took a hiatus during the dwaraka nirmaan phase. He had budget issues, health was ailing, and India was going through political issues that impacted the show.

So I think RS took a gamble and decided to omit the move to Vrindavan, as it wasn't hugely important in the grand scheme of things and wouldn't impact the storyline by omission.