any Psychiatrist or anyone related to this field on the forum?

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

So what I have heard is that Sushant was not taking his medicines in the last few days.....so my question is ...how does this legally/technically work with the doctor/patient? When we go to a doctor ...they will always ask for the name of one person who they can contact in case of emergency or is authorized to get ur medical information...

I remember my husband had a a procedure done where they had to give anesthesia to him ...I was made to sign papers taking responsibility....and the most important thing was...that even after he woke up...the doctor said that it will be my responsibility to make sure he is taking his medicine, not driving or signing any papers...atleast for the next 24 hours...they assume that if the patient was under anesthesia they won't be able to use their minds properly for the next 24 hours..

My question is ...why didn't Sushant's doctor contact some one?? There must have been atleast one person who Sushant must have authorized for emergency purposes...why didn't he inform them...knowing very well that if patients of depression don't take their medicines they are fully capable of harming themselves because ur mind is not under ur control?? what happened here?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anubolly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

He simply cant check till the next apointment? And surely Sushant was not on suicide watch ir that extreme edge when they meet I guess.

Dye to corona they might have  miss the apointment. May be..

My general opinion. 

Edited by anubolly - 3 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Kuch Psychiatrists bas 1-2 med prescribe kr dete hai aur kehte hai sab theek hojayga.

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

I think because Sushant lived alone no one could keep an eye on him. He must've just stopped taking his medicine and no one can say anything or keep him reminded of that, he had a house help but she must have not known about his personal issue with depression and medication sadly. 

M.A.K123 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Having suffered from depression myself and was receiving treatment too ..the doctors are bound not to discuss the patient's detail with any one else ..on every appointment i had to fill in a form in which there were questions about suicide ...and the doctors take it from there ..if they see something alarming then they act according to that ..they do take information of next of kin ..

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sailor-Moon

I think because Sushant lived alone no one could keep an eye on him. He must've just stopped taking his medicine and no one can say anything or keep him reminded of that, he had a house help but she must have not known about his personal issue with depression and medication sadly. 

That is true.🤔

The doctor also said that the last appointment was cancelled due to lockdown.....lekin video call/skype/zoom kuchh kar sakta tha...I feel that the psychiatrists should be more alert and proactive because they are dealing with the mind.....the person may be very very sick and yet nothing might be visible on the outside.

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Sailor-Moon

Sushant picked up his sister from the airport a couple days ago so he wasn’t alone. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBbVugUHsk3/?igshid=1nq9btjjk5dej

Seems like he waited until she stepped outside of the house to do what he did. 

This picture is from soon after the news broke.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBavJnRARZS/?igshid=vbf30skyolue

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

That is true.🤔

The doctor also said that the last appointment was cancelled due to lockdown.....lekin video call/skype/zoom kuchh kar sakta tha...I feel that the psychiatrists should be more alert and proactive because they are dealing with the mind.....the person may be very very sick and yet nothing might be visible on the outside.

Absolutely. It feels like he shut everyone out and just stopped seeking any help at all. The day he committed suicide his house help gave him juice he drank it and then he just went to his room and hung himself. No one knows what's going on in someone's mind and what they will end up doing but his doctor could've kept a closer eye on him, but what can they do when Sushant himself stopped taking medication, it just sounds like he was done with life. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: M.A.K123

Having suffered from depression myself and was receiving treatment too ..the doctors are bound not to discuss the patient's detail with any one else ..on every appointment i had to fill in a form in which there were questions about suicide ...and the doctors take it from there ..if they see something alarming then they act according to that ..they do take information of next of kin ..

I am sorry to hear that and hope u are doing good now.

I totally get the confidentiality part....my point is that if at some point the doctor thinks that the patient may loose control over his mind...at that point shouldn't they be informing someone.....or taking some action?

Deviant_Pixel thumbnail

The question is was he going to a psychiatrist or therapist. If it’s the psych, no offense but many of them are just happy to prescribe pills and that’s the end of that. ESP in desi community, my sister suffers from anxiety to the point she will throw up in the morning out of sheer anxiety, the psych never even tried to listen to her kuch, bas straight pills.

Would be surprised that many of these docs don’t even listen to the patients, usually therapists do that and pick up on these signs as they actually have talk therapy with patient. Calibre also matters I guess, maybe he did not pick up on the signs.