Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

But nalayani is mentioned along with her past life

Yes that's mentioned for sure. 

I feel that this instance probably represents some of her pre adoption life

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: SarmaShru

Gaudiya Vaishnavas believe that Radhakrishna are the supreme dieties, who are superior to LakshmiNarayan, infact they believe that Krishna is the source of Narayan and Radha is the source of Lakshmi. So these, kind of stories where Rukmini is Chandravalli, Satyabhama is Radha, Krishna's wives are the expansions of Radha etc. are their sectarian beliefs. Radha being the incarnation of Niladevi or Rukmini&Radha being the same person  are pure folktales without no scriptural basis. 

Oh , d story which radhakrishan shown , mean sridama cursing radha to be seperate from krishna for 100 yr , is true , I thought frictional hai.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Oh , d story which radhakrishan shown , mean sridama cursing radha to be seperate from krishna for 100 yr , is true , I thought frictional hai.

Sridama cursing? I knew the story of Narad cursing him resulting in their Separation in Ram avtaar

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Sridama cursing? I knew the story of Narad cursing him resulting in their Separation in Ram avtaar

Is not narad but sage brigu who cursed lord Vishnu 4 wife seperation as lord Vishnu killed sage brigu's wife.

Narad cursed lord Vishnu to take help from vanar tribe as lord Vishnu made narad vanar when narad wanted to marry a princess who was mahalakshmi herself.

Both curse were instrumental in ram avtar.

In radhakrishan serial it was shown bin starting

Edited by deepikagupta9 - 3 years ago

Is not narad but sage brigu who cursed lord Vishnu 4 wife seperation as lord Vishnu killed sage brigu's wife.

Narad cursed lord Vishnu to take help from vanar tribe as lord Vishnu made narad vanar when narad wanted to marry a princess who was mahalakshmi herself.

Both curse were instrumental in ram avtar.

In radhakrishan serial it was shown bin starting

Yes he killed Khyati something which Bhrigu couldn't tolerate. Didn't know anything about Sridama

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail

Yes he killed Khyati something which Bhrigu couldn't tolerate. Didn't know anything about Sridama

Some people believe after narad curse only lord shiv decided to take birth as hanuman in vanar tribe to assist lord Vishnu

MoodyMaddy thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

He mentioned her like Saraswati not an incarnation of Saraswati

Anyhow Rukmini is nowhere mentioned for sure BORI removed the portions of her name

Do you mean Rukmini is not mentioned anywhere in BORI CE? Or are you talking about this particular part in Adi parva? 

However it makes perfect sense to me if Draupadi is Shachi who married Arjun who is amsha of Indra. Goddess Sri is mentioned as the ever inseparable consort of Narayana in the Vedas too. Vedas hold the highest authority than Ithihasas and puranas.

And I am not particularly fond of any critical editions.Its method is not applicable for Indic texts. It tries to reconcile multiple recensions to create one text which is meaningless.There is a reason there are multiple recensions. Each tradition can have its own. There is a reason Veda is also preserved and learned through multiple branches though the content is extremely similar between some of them. Afterall,the teachings from the text are more important than focusing on the story itself.

MoodyMaddy thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The story is mentioned in Brahma vaivartana purana. But the reason of curse is not as they shown in the serial.If I were to believe in the actual curse story mentioned there, I would leave this planet😆 🤣That serial is a complete mess with no relation to any scriptures, nothing. It's just a show to satisfy the fans of the lead actors😆

Originally posted by: SarmaShru

Do you mean Rukmini is not mentioned anywhere in BORI CE? Or are you talking about this particular part in Adi parva? 

However it makes perfect sense to me if Draupadi is Shachi who married Arjun who is amsha of Indra. Goddess Sri is mentioned as the ever inseparable consort of Narayana in the Vedas too. Vedas hold the highest authority than Ithihasas and puranas.

And I am not particularly fond of any critical editions.Its method is not applicable for Indic texts. It tries to reconcile multiple recensions to create one text which is meaningless.There is a reason there are multiple recensions. Each tradition can have its own. There is a reason Veda is also preserved and learned through multiple branches though the content is extremely similar between some of them. Afterall,the teachings from the text are more important than focusing on the story itself.

No she isn't mentioned as Lakshmi/Sri anyware in BORI Mahabharata. 

Coming to Arjun, Arjun is the son of Indra not a part of it. Going by just epic, he is the incarnation of Nara, and Nara is the incarnation of Vishnu. 

Could you tell me where Narayana n Sri are mentioned as inseparable in Vedas?

Coming to CE well they don't compile different versions, but different manuscripts. Obviously Vyas would have written only one text right? Vaishampayan would have only said one narration so would have been done by Ugrashrawa. Different versions are definitely due to Interpolations. They have tried to remove those interpolations

Definitely the text isn't meaningless

Vedas have been preserved to the core for years we don't have multiple versions of it

Sabhi ko Ramjanmasthan Mandir shilanyas ki shubhkamnaayein.

Jambudweepe Bharatkhande Aryavate Bharatvarshe ek bhoomi hai Vikhyat Ayodhya naam se. 

Yehi janmbhoomi hai Maryada Puroshottam Sri Ram ki