Rukmini Krishna : Lakshmi Narayan of Dwapar Yug

Posted: 3 years ago

Lord Krishna is Vishnu and Devi Rukmini is Lakshmi. Lakshmi is Nityaanapayini. That is, she always follow him. She doesn't leave him in any incarnation. All other lady objects are part of her. This is the reason, Vishnu, Krishna or Rama can't live even one minute without her. He is Madhava. Ma (Lakshmi) + Dhava (pathi). He is Srinivasa. Sri (Lakshmi or Rukmini) + Nivasa (dwelling with her). He is Lakshmi Vallabha. He is Sridhara. Sri (Lakshmi) + Dhara (wearing on his Vakshasthala). He is Srivallabha. He is Lakshmi Narasimha.

Rukmini is Pattamahishi of Srikrishna. She is first and best wife. She stopped the hand of Krishna while he was taking the handful Chuduva (rice flakes) for third time, given by Sudama (Kuchelan). Because She is wealth. She indicated Him that it was enough for Sudama. Otherwise she would have to follow Kuchelan or he might change by seeing the wealth more than enough.

## Manorama C, Vishnu, Vedic Lord Root Cause of Sanathana Dharma (1990-present) . This post is taken from different platform , so all credit goes to this person.

## both bhagwat & Vishnu puran author is considered vedvyas .

Edited by deepikagupta9 - 3 years ago

I would answer this question part wise.

Let me start from the start,

• Who Was exactly rukmini?

mahabharat KMG edition )

Just look it by yourself, it is very clearly mentioned Rukmini was the incarnation of Sri. And on the top of it, she took incarnation just for Narayan. This is something very beautiful.

From Vishnu puran-

Raghavatway-abavat Sita, Rukmini Krishna janmani !

Anyeshu chavatareshu Visho-resha-yanapayinee !!

Goddess Lakshmi is forever united with the Lord. With Rama, Sri becomes Sita, when He is Krishna, she is Rukmini. In all the expansions of Narayan, Sri is inseparable from Narayana.

You know what I just love this phrase, specially the line sri is inseparable from narayana.

Bhagwat puran -

bhagavān api govinda
 upayeme kurūdvaha
vaidarbhīṁ bhīṣmaka-sutāṁ
 śriyo mātrāṁ svayaṁvare

O hero among the Kurus, the Supreme Lord Himself, Govinda, married Bhīṣmaka’s daughter, Vaidarbhī, who was a direct expansion of the goddess of fortune.

Now I don't think any question should be raised on this because this one is from Bhagwatam, the most respected text on Krishna.

And her beauty was just unmatchable on The earth.

(Vishnu parva - Mahabharat BORI CEjust read it, this is beautiful.

• Indeed her beauty was incomparable on the whole Earth.
    • Face even more beautiful than moon,
    • like Sri Herself
    • large outstanding eyes,
    • beautifully Formed eyebrows,
    • white Shining teeth,
    • beautifully Formed hips, breast and limbs.
    • Coppery red lips.
    • She was resembling goddess in her beautiful attire.
    • Curly Hairs having shades of blue and black (amazing)

Her beauty was so splendid that even gods find it difficult to look at her eye to eye, krishna Saw her in his mind (how cute).

Her beauty was so mesmerising, so spectacular that even Madhav (Who is known as Madhuradhipati, the lord of Sweetness) can't kept his eyes away from her. He himself recognised her As Lakshmi. He falls in love not only with her beauty but with her intelligence, behavior and more importantly with her.

He too wished to make her his wife. (and still people called this one sided love of Rukmini, feeling pity for them).

Bhagwatam -

SB 10.52.24 — Lord Kṛṣṇa knew that Rukmiṇī possessed intelligence, auspicious bodily markings, magnanimity, beauty, proper behavior and all other good qualities. Concluding that she would be an ideal wife for Him, He made up His mind to marry her

People too regard them as they were made for each other.

According to citizens of Vidarbh.

SB 10.53.37 — [The people of the city said:] Rukmiṇī, and no one else, deserves to become His wife, and He also, possessing such flawless beauty, is the only suitable husband for Princess Bhaiṣmī.

Statement from people of Dwarka

SB 10.54.60 — Dvārakā’s citizens were overjoyed to see Kṛṣṇa, the Lord of all opulence, united with Rukmiṇī, the goddess of fortune.

• Now coming to love Equation of Rukmini and Krishna.

It's a common thinking that Krishna abducted Rukmini out of responsibility not out of love or he don't love her. But that's not right.

He too was equally interested in Rukmini. They both were in love with each other, always wanted to be with each other but her brother Rukmi didn't gave approval to this. See, Krishna even asked for her.

KESHAV always admires her, respect her and loves her.

I found Rukmini's love for his Janardan the most beautiful. Just think about it, she hadn't even seen him, only heard about him. But still was madly in love with him. She had just devoted herself to his beloved, his Dwarkadhish.

Inspite knowing the rivalry between Rukmi and Krishna, inspite knowing that he wouldn't approve her marriage, she still didn't surrender herself over the situations. She didn't gave up her love just for sake of her kingdom.

She took a very strong decision. She wrote the world's most beautiful Love letter to her beloved. (just think by going in that time, keeping yourself at the place of Rukmini, how difficult would be that situation for her).

Just see How beautifully she expressed her love in letter. Just amazing, amazing words.

SB 10.52.37 — Śrī Rukmiṇī said [in her letter, as read by the brāhmaṇa]: O beauty of the worlds, having heard of Your qualities, which enter the ears of those who hear and remove their bodily distress, and having also heard of Your beauty, which fulfills all the visual desires of those who see, I have fixed my shameless mind upon You, O Kṛṣṇa.

Isn't this cute? , She addressed him as Bhuvan sundar (beauty of the world)

SB 10.52.38 — O Mukunda, You are equal only to Yourself in lineage, character, beauty, knowledge, youthfulness, wealth and influenceO lion among men, You delight the minds of all mankind. What aristocratic, sober-minded and marriageable girl of a good family would not choose You as her husband when the proper time has come?

She called him epitome of character, beauty, knowledge, youthfulness, wealth, influence.

SB 10.52.39 — Therefore, my dear Lord, I have chosen You as my husband, and I surrender myself to You. Please come swiftly, O almighty one, and make me Your wife. My dear lotus-eyed Lord, let Śiśupāla never touch the hero’s portion like a jackal stealing the property of a lion.

Look at the last 3 lines. This is lit. Let Sisupal never touch hero's portion!!!! This is called perfection.

SB 10.52.43 — O lotus-eyed one, If I cannot obtain Your mercy, I shall simply give up my vital force, which will have become weak from the severe penances I will perform. Then, after hundreds of lifetimes of endeavor, I may obtain Your mercy.

I just love the way she asked her lord to save her.

Her letter was so beautiful that even Krishna left mesmerised. See how he responded.

SB 10.53.2 — The Supreme Lord said: Just as Rukmiṇī’s mind is fixed on Me, My mind is fixed on her. I can’t even sleep at night. I know that Rukmī, out of envy, has forbidden our marriage.

Dude!! This is perfect!!! He himself admitted that his mind has been fixed upon her. He failed to get even a good sleep. Literally he was in deep thoughts of Rukmini.

And what is most beautiful in this, the way Krishna came to rescue his love. heroism overloaded. He fought a battle just for his girl. After all Narayan finally made his Lakshmi his own.

Now coming to political reasons. Then my take will be NO. Marriage is done to establish stable relationships between two kingdoms, but here by eloping with Rukmini, he developed some more enemies.

• Krishna's love for rukmini❤

When Rukmi got defeated, Rukmini pleaded Krishna to spare his life. Krishna agreed to this without thinking for a second.

He even embraced her and comforted her.

He loves to spend his quality time with Rukmini. After coming back to Dwarka from Indraprasth, he directly went to Rukmini’s apartment.

He also loves to tease her in very loving manner.

SB 10.60.9 — As He contemplated her, the goddess of fortune herself, who desires only HimLord Kṛṣṇa smiled. The Lord assumes various forms to enact His pastimes, and He was pleased that the form the goddess of fortune had assumed was just suitable for her to serve as His consortHer charming face was adorned with curling hair, earrings, a locket on her neck, and the nectar of her bright, happy smile. The Lord then spoke to her as follows.

SB 10.60.11 — Since your brother and father offered you to them, why did you reject the King of Cedi and all those other suitors, who stood before you, maddened by Cupid? Why, instead, did you choose Us, who are not at all your equal?

SB 10.60.25 — Seeing that His beloved was so bound to Him in love that she could not understand the full meaning of His teasingmerciful Lord Kṛṣṇa felt compassion for her.

And he too comforted her in very cute way.

SB 10.60.26 — The Lord quickly got down from the bed. Manifesting four arms, He picked her up, gathered her hair and caressed her face with His lotus hand.

SB 10.60.27-28 — Wiping her tear-filled eyes and her breasts, which were stained by tears of grief, the Supreme Lord, the goal of His devotees, embraced His chaste wifewho desired nothing but Him, O King. Expert in the art of pacificationŚrī Kṛṣṇa tenderly consoled pitiable Rukmiṇī, whose mind was bewildered by His clever joking and who did not deserve to suffer so.

He gathered her hair, caressed her facehugged her. Just look how lovingly he wiped her tears. Literally he was expert in art of pacification.

• Rukmini's love and devotion towards her Dwarkadhish.

She could do anything for her beloved husband. She too practised austerities or penance just like Krishna for her son pradyuman for 12 years (which is a very big time period).

Many times in mahabharata itself both of them are regarded as ideal couple or a perfect example of soulmates.

Here Vaishyampayan regarded Rukmini Krishna as siyaram and sachi sakra.

Here again as sita ram and others.

This is my most favourite verse from Bhagwatam.

SB 10.60.56 — When your brother, who had been defeated in battle and then disfigured, was later killed during a gambling match on Aniruddha’s wedding day, you felt unbearable grief, yet out of fear of losing Me you spoke not a wordBy this silence you have conquered Me.

This is just mesmering statement by Krishna. According to him, Rukmini has conquered him. She has conquered the conqueror of the three world (trivikramam) just by her silence. This shows the kind of bond they share with each other.

Just look these two phrase, these are just wonderful.

SB 10.60.57 — When you sent the messenger with your most confidential plan and yet I delayed going to you, you began to see the whole world as void and wanted to quit your body, which could never have been given to anyone but Me. May this greatness of yours remain with you alwaysI can do nothing to reciprocate except joyfully thank you for your devotion.

SB 10.60.58 — Śukadeva Gosvāmī said: And so the self-satisfied Supreme Lord of the universe enjoyed with the goddess of fortune, engaging her in lovers’ talks and thus imitating the ways of human society.

Govinda was thanking her beloved for her devotion. Madhusudan was enjoying his talks with his queen. They love each other's company. Inspite of being above this materialistic world, they were still imitating the ways of human society.

Now if all these are not called love then what the hell is love??

Even Adi Shankaracharya too had recognised them. For e.g.

• ACHYUTASHTAKAM for lord vishnu

विष्णवे जिष्णवे शाङ्खिने चक्रिणे
रुक्मिणिरागिणे जानकीजानये ।

3.1: I Salute You Who is Vishnu (the All-Pervading One), I Salute You Who is Jishnu (the ever Victorious One), I Salute You Who holds the Sankha (the Conch-Shell), I Salute You O holds the Chakra (the Discus),
3.2: I Salute You Who is Extremely Dear to Rukmini, I Salute You Who had Janaki as His Wife,

• KRISHNASHTAKAM ( here specially only Rukmini is mentioned )

रुक्मिणी केळी संयुक्तम् , पीताम्बर सुशोभितम्
अवाप्त तुलसी गन्धम् , कृष्णम् वन्दे जगद्गुरुम

Salutations to the teacher of the world, Krishna,
Who is engaged in playing with Rukmani,
Who shines in yellow silks,
And who is attracted by scent of ocimum.

This love saga has every thing from love to devotion, care, fear, Heroism everything and free from any kind of envy, jealously, lust, insecurity.

Rukmini was the best wife, best lover one could ever get. Krishna was plain lucky to have Rukmini as his wife. The same way Krishna was the most loving husband. Rukmini was so fortunate to have him. Krishna never let her down. He never made her feel inferior to any other. Such a beautiful life Partner he was.

I bow down to Goddess Rukmini who was the dearest of my Madhushudan, who was the mother of radiant warrior Pradyuman, who was brave by heart and gentle by nature, the one having no ego and no jealousy, the one who wholeheartedly shared her beloved with other without insecurity, who was there for Madhav in every situation. I bow down to you Maa Lakshmi who is eternal consort of Lord Vishnu.

## this post is taken by Kumari Ananya's post , all credits goes to her .

krishna-rukmini had a beautiful love story

yes rukmini is incarnation of maa lakshmi❤when vishnu takes birth his love maha lakshmi also takes birth to be with him❤️

Edited by Mages - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Mages

krishna-rukmini had a beautiful love story

yes rukmini is incarnation of maa lakshmi❤when vishnu takes birth is love maha lakshmi also takes birth to be with him❤️

Ya they indeed had a very beautiful lovestoy❤️.

😆

Edited by Poorabhforever - 3 years ago

The whole thing that poorabhforever posted is so freaking cute. They are such an adorable and sweet couple ❤️.

Originally posted by davis56

The whole thing that poorabhforever posted is so freaking cute. They are such an adorable and sweet couple ❤️.

I am sorry i think you mistook me for deepika 😆

I did not post anything. Deepika did. 

Well if i have to believe in divinity i will believe that in krishna and krishnaa s divinity. Because they live to that expectation. These two human beings actually better than anybody else.  They mostly echoes thr same thought process  Plus vyasa calls krishna vishnu and drapaudi laxmi. So that ends the discussion there.  Vyasa does not mention rukhmini 

But i would rather beileve in these two being two great human being and a human s ability to do the right thing. 

PS - in the original text drapaudi is only called sri/laxmi. Not any other goddess. 

Edited by Poorabhforever - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Poorabhforever

I am sorry i think you mistook me for deepika 😆

I did not post anything. Deepika did. 

Well if i have to believe in divinity i will believe that in krishna and krishnaa s divinity. Because they live to that expectation. These two human beings actually better than anybody else.  They mostly echoes thr same thought process  Plus vyasa calls krishna vishnu and drapaudi laxmi. So that ends the discussion there.  Vyasa does not mention rukhmini 

But i would rather beileve in these two being two great human being and a human s ability to do the right thing. 

PS - in the original text drapaudi is only called sri/laxmi. Not any other goddess. 

Sorry 2 disppoint u further Vishnu puran & bhagwat puran author is vedvyas , infact he is  d author of 18 purans, Upanishads & mahabharat which is considered as pancham ved itself. Look like a very busy person

Originally posted by deepikagupta9

Sorry 2 disppoint u further Vishnu puran & bhagwat puran author is vedvyas , infact he is  d author of 18 purans, Upanishads & mahabharat which is considered as pancham ved itself.

Vyasa is a title. And different puranas state different things. So its better when it comes to Mahabharata characters let us stick to the the text.  

Originally posted by Poorabhforever

Vyasa is a title. And different puranas state different things. So its better when it comes to Mahabharata characters let us stick to the the text.  

Yes vyasa is a title , I don't know how far it's true but I read ashwatthama is supposed to be came next vedvyas or one of sapt rishi as mahabali is supposed 2 become next indra.

But sadly when I searched who wrote 18 purans only vedvyas name came , so I mentioned..