mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

It's easy to point fingers, and play the blame game. But how many of us have really introspected on our own choices and agency?

Aren't we the ones who made mediocre star kids rule the roost? How many of us are really invested in talent and good movies?

I know that the advertising industry itself is corrupted by nepotism, in fact nepotism has conquered every nook and corner of the film and advertising industry. But we do have a conscious choice.

I believe we should introspect on our own shortcomings as an audience and how we have failed Sushant as a collective. I know it's not easy to do that, but I think it's the need of the hour.

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

I don't have problem with nepotism as much I have problem with bullying and mocking people just for your fun. I don't have problem with Masaan becoming a disaster and Student of the Year becoming a superhit as it's people choice who watch movies for their pleasure but I do have problem people putting down someone just because he or she isn't doing well in their careers despite making to that place on their own. Going with the blinds and PR articles and mocking and putting down someone on SM and national TV without having proper information, knowledge. It's not for Sushant, it's for every other sensitive person around us, who might be going through the same. It's about seeing everyone through the same lenses, we all are unique, we all need to understand, that not everyone takes things, mocking, and other actions in a same way. Mental Health issues like depression are to be taken seriously anywhere, any place. We need to talk about this regularly. We need to stop making fun of someone just because that person is different from us  but is harmless to us ,just for our pleasure . In a showbiz industry, it's more visible as we see them on screen. People get to know easily what people said behind your backs. 

Also, nepotism is an issue everywhere, giving work to you relatives, family isn't something new  but the main problem is forcing others to do the same, snatching someone's work who needs it the most, who deserves it the most it's wrong, and it's wrong everywhere. 

I don't know about others, that's not in my hands but I will try to bring a positive change in myself, take it as lesson and try to be a better person. It's not easy, but there is nothing wrong in trying. It starts from ourselves. 

Edited by Renee.Clare - 3 years ago
Unconventional thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

But then we go for a SOTY as well as a Dhoni(movie).It’s surprising that inspite of being an outsider most of Sushant’s movies have done well.Kai Po che,Chichore,Dhoni,Kedarnath.So audience did go to watch his movies.At the end of the day everyone needs a relaxation from their daily stress and so they will go to watch movies.Now if the movies have star kids only how can we be responsible.U can’t say they are taking star kids so boycott movies..that’s not the solution.

Plus there are talented star kids also.N I enjoy their movies anyways.Its wrong to pull the good ones down just becoz they are star kids.

But as Renee rightly pointed out the issue is the whole politics n manipulation that some of the people are involved in.That needs to stop.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I don’t even know if I’d watch more SSR films now. (As insensitive as that is having a conscience is new to me) His movies didn’t interest me. I can’t fake interest in something just like that. My life belongs to me and I shouldn’t waste my time watching some movie just cause.  An again this is me being nice 👍 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I have introspected a lot and decided I'm going to exercise my discretion in whom to support and whom not to. I'm going to raise my standards and not accept mediocrity any more.