Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: msin

all Sardars wear this kara from time to time .. one of the Ks .. I think this was given by ishmeet in MSK . 

when a Sardar wears this they have to follow some rules ..

nothing like that, when a baby is born, it is the basic thing (karha) which his/her parents make baby wear it after 40 days may be. As it is identity too. Of course one "K" but otherwise too, it is just worn by mostly every sikh without any rules.

Edited by CatcherInTheRye - 3 years ago

I am not sure .. but one sardarni friend had told me .. when they wear Kara .. not indulge in vice .. It is showing your faith in Khalsa .. 

From wiki 

The Sikhs were commanded by Guru Gobind Singh at the Baisakhi Amrit Sanchar in 1699 to wear an iron bracelet called a Kara at all times. The Kara is a constant reminder to always remember that whatever a person does with their hands has to be in keeping with the advice given by the Guru. The Kara is an iron/steel circle to symbolise God as never ending. It is a symbol of permanent bonding to the community, of being a link in the chain of Khalsa Sikhs (the word for link is "kari").

Edited by msin - 3 years ago
iram510 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jyoti06

Sana is wearing that bangle off late ..even in her last live she was wearing that bangle 😳..

In earlier tik toks and pics that bangle was not there ..

there was a bangle given to her in MSK.....could it be that one?  Can someone cross check it? 

DeliciousDevil. thumbnail

Originally posted by: CatcherInTheRye

nothing like that, when a baby is born, it is the basic thing (karha) which his/her parents make baby wear it after 40 days may be. As it is identity too. Of course one "K" but otherwise too, it is just worn by mostly every sikh without any rules.

Right.  And,  I have been wearing same khara for 18 years. Mom bought from Amritsar. I watched it salt water twice so far just to clean it.  It turned slightly brown at one point. 

CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: DeliciousDevil.

Right.  And,  I have been wearing same khara for 18 years. Mom bought from Amritsar. I watched it salt water twice so far just to clean it.  It turned slightly brown at one point. 

rustic ho jata hai na, to clean krna pdta hai, I have changed mine. But never a day that my arm would not have carried it as far as I can recall. 

DeliciousDevil. thumbnail

Originally posted by: msin

I am not sure .. but one sardarni friend had told me .. when they wear Kara .. not indulge in vice .. It is showing your faith in Khalsa .. 

every Sikh has it ..some wear it regularly some Occasionally but never for a day .. it’s worn for a fixed period like 30-40 days at a stretch atleast .. 

Areh no such thing. 

They are two lifestyle of Punjabi,  Sikh.  One is amritari. They don't eat meat, no smoking, no drugs, no alcohol and  it's compulsory to wear these 5 things khara, kechara, kanga, kirpan and they can not cut hair. This come with a responsibility and dedication. Everyone can be amritari bit it's not easy to keep. Being an amritari means they have certain obligations to follow. Giani's (priest)  at Gurdwara are amritari.  

Second, people  like me. I'm not an amritari.  I eat meat. I don't wear the 5 things. I wear only khara bxs it's a symbol of our religion. Every Punjabi has it on their right wrist. 

Our last Guru said a sikh head should only bend in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. After Guru Gobind Singh Ji,  we do not have any Guru and we workship and belives only in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Guru Gobind Singh Ji asked shahidi of 5 people and gave them amrit. Make them wear the 5 things. If you see a Sikhism parade,  you will see 5 houses. Those 5 houses represent the 5 shahidi. 

Our Guru has never forced us to become vegetarian. He said, be an amritari when you're ready to devote yourself to God bxs it comes with responsibility. 

After a baby completed 40 days,  she / he will be given amrit jaal (holy water). The parents will make him wear khara. Some babies have sensitive skins so the parents will remove the khara. 

Conclusion, wearing a khara doesn't come with rules. It's a symbol of our religion and khalsa. 

wendy25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yes that was karha sana was wearing..

I visited Amritsar few years back and me and My bestie bought matching Karha for us and for our entire family and till now not a day went when I haven't wore it..

I am no sikh but don't know how, Its presence on my wrist soothes me, I just cannot not wear it now, That's quite unusual for someone like me who hates wearing any accessories for more than few hours...

Though I don't know about Guru Granth sahab Rules regarding it..Its just symbol of faith for me...

Sana should have worn karha in BB too..

Edited by wendy25 - 3 years ago