Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Good one 😋

Most dance academies have the idol of Natraja form of Lord Shiva, Arjuna was his devotee too so I guess the influence was there

What I am trying to imagine is how did he learn it? He didn't have sisters, generally dance masters are assigned for girls, it will be a good read to know where did he learn to dance 

This was during his trip to Indralok, when he met Chitrasena.  If you're meaning when on earth did he learn to dance, no idea.  Maybe during his 12 year exile: he wasn't restricted from anything, so he could have danced anywhere.  Like w/ Uloopi, Chitrangada...

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Bhima's strength is his main character arc, can you tell me more about his sense of humor? 

These 2 bullet points that I mentioned had it

• Him eating up Baku's meal while waiting for him, totally unfazed by the fear everyone had of the rakshasha
  • Him killing an elephant named Ashwatthama, so that Yudhisthir need not 'lie' while telling Drona that Ashwatthama was dead

Eating up a meal that was meant for somebody else was definitely naughty, and something he thought of himself.  Also, killing the elephant so that Yudhisthir would have some basis for what he told Drona was purely Bhima's idea, and something that would only occur to someone w/ a sense of humor.  (This is contrary to what the serials show, where BRC showed Krishna, and Ramanand Sagar showed Drupad, as suggesting it to him)

Those are the documented evidence: ⭐️+MB Bhima was a pretty funny character as well, particularly chota Bhima (no, not that one, the other one).  The one that pushed Nakul around 😆  and chuckled on how funny it was to have Duryodhan serving him during his shradh was to die for, in a manner of speaking 😆

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Nirsingha Prasad Bhaduri is one of THE authorities on ancient Indian texts. He is creating an encyclopedia of the epics which I've been waiting to see for years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nrisingha_Prasad_Bhaduri

Hope it's available on Nook, whenever it's complete.  I no longer read slaughtered trees nowadays: not only do the pages get yellow over time, but those things are hard  to move when shifting.  All my reading is on Nook and Kindle (more so the former)

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Hope it's available on Nook, whenever it's complete.  I no longer read slaughtered trees nowadays: not only do the pages get yellow over time, but those things are hard  to move when shifting.  All my reading is on Nook and Kindle (more so the former)

http://www.purankosh.in/

NoraSM thumbnail

These 2 bullet points that I mentioned had it

• Him eating up Baku's meal while waiting for him, totally unfazed by the fear everyone had of the rakshasha
  • Him killing an elephant named Ashwatthama, so that Yudhisthir need not 'lie' while telling Drona that Ashwatthama was dead

Eating up a meal that was meant for somebody else was definitely naughty, and something he thought of himself.  Also, killing the elephant so that Yudhisthir would have some basis for what he told Drona was purely Bhima's idea, and something that would only occur to someone w/ a sense of humor.  (This is contrary to what the serials show, where BRC showed Krishna, and Ramanand Sagar showed Drupad, as suggesting it to him)

Those are the documented evidence: ⭐️+MB Bhima was a pretty funny character as well, particularly chota Bhima (no, not that one, the other one).  The one that pushed Nakul around 😆  and chuckled on how funny it was to have Duryodhan serving him during his shradh was to die for, in a manner of speaking 😆

Oh, Yeah 

I watched that Bakasur incident and it was funny how he didn't care about the Rakshas who terrified everyone and started eating food meant for him

NoraSM thumbnail

Krishna - Sarcasm (Made a post about it) 

Bheema - Cooking (A man who can cook is a dream)

Arjun - Comfortable with his masculinity (Rare to see men who would wear clothes of women and not feel insecure) 

Edited by NoraSM - 3 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

Bhima was rarely shown as obese, in what I have seen.  Praveen Kumar was a giant, Saurav Gujjar was pretty muscular, Jay Mathur (of DBSK) was pretty even... Any other Bhima's I missed?

NoraSM thumbnail

Bhima was rarely shown as obese, in what I have seen.  Praveen Kumar was a giant, Saurav Gujjar was pretty muscular, Jay Mathur (of DBSK) was pretty even... Any other Bhima's I missed?

They don't fit the Bheema in my head

I didn't intend to offend anyone but I am yet to find a Bheema, I like on screen

Maybe use of the word was tactlessness on my part

Edited by NoraSM - 3 years ago