Posted: 3 years ago

Pick a character and write down their talent or characteristics, you think is unique 

Arjun - his metrosexuality. I love his metrosexual characteristics ie his love for all activities associated with feminist tendencies aka dancing, singing and he also loved spending time with women. I know some analysis do state that Arjun chose to be an eunuch to protect Draupadi, but I don't believe this. As for everyone, he too chose what he loved. Y chose state politics, Bheem of course cooking and food and Arjun chose the activity generally associated with feminine qualities which is metrosexuality. This trait is unique to him

Coming to Arjun as a warrior, I am not sure if other warriors too had this quality but he got the name Savyasachi because of his ambidextrous nature. 

PS: my dad's name is also Sabyasachi :D 

Bhima, for his strength, his appetite, his mischievous sense of humor.  Things that drew me to him when I was a kid were

• Two poisons offsetting each other in his body, and him returning stronger than ever
  • Him setting off the fire in the house of lac before helping his brothers and mom escape
  • Him carrying Kunti and his brothers during the escape, while they were tired
  • Him eating up Baku's meal while waiting for him, totally unfazed by the fear everyone had of the rakshasha
  • Him killing an elephant named Ashwatthama, so that Yudhisthir need not 'lie' while telling Drona that Ashwatthama was dead
  • Him hitting Duryodhan on his thighs

Once I grew up and looked at it from the moral aspects as well, add to the above list

• Him killing Jarasandha
  • Him defeating Karna during the Rajasuya expeditions
  • Him exploding in the dyut sabha not only at Duryodhan and Dushashan, but also telling Yudhisthir that had he not been his elder brother, he'd have burned his hands that cast that dice (something he did in ⭐️MB 😈)
  • The incident b/w him & Hanuman during the exile
  • His activities as Ballava, including him first killing Keechak, and later, his 101 brothers
  • Him leading from the front during the war, and taking on just about anybody and everybody, and making progress in killing different #brothers of Duryodhan on different days.  Also killed other major warriors like Somadatta
  • When Ashwatthama released the Narayanastra and everyone else, as per Krishna's suggestion surrendered before it, the astra was still active, and Bhima decided to confront it, much to the chagrin of Krishna.  However, by doing that, that astra turned ALL its focus on Bhima and Bhima alone, and stopped hurting anyone else.  After that, when Bhima obeyed Krishna, the astra was quelled
  • His killing of Dushashan
  • Confronting Ashwatthama when he was pretty lethal w/ the Brahmashira, and finally extracting his jewel
  • Years later, within earshot of Dhritarashtra, insulting him after Yudhisthir had asked his entire family to take special pains to help Dhritarashtra and Gandhari forget the death of their sons
  • Him getting an explanation from Yudhisthir about why Draupadi and all his other brothers, including himself, died on the way

Originally posted by CaptainSpark

Arjun - his metrosexuality. I love his metrosexual characteristics ie his love for all activities associated with feminist tendencies aka dancing, singing and he also loved spending time with women. I know some analysis do state that Arjun chose to be an eunuch to protect Draupadi, but I don't believe this. As for everyone, he too chose what he loved. Y chose state politics, Bheem of course cooking and food and Arjun chose the activity generally associated with feminine qualities which is metrosexuality. This trait is unique to him

Coming to Arjun as a warrior, I am not sure if other warriors too had this quality but he got the name Savyasachi because of his ambidextrous nature. 

I firmly believe Arjuna chose the role to protect Panchali because:

1) She absolutely needed a bodyguard. This was right after Jayadratha, and the Pandavas would have been stupidly insane not to realize it.  Further, it couldn't be a man, and dishy men can more easily pass off as trans/eunuch/crossdresser. Bheema would never be believable in that role 😆. Plus, Arjuna knew how to dance, so he would fit in. 

2) During her encounter with Keechaka, she pushed him down and ran. Then comes the mention of a demon who had been charged with guarding her. Said demon whirled Keechaka around and threw him down. The only one who knew Panchali's identity IN the apartments (Bheema was in the kitchen) was Arjuna. Or else, she had a bodyguard no one knew of.

3) I'm sure Virat and gang were not nuts enough to let Arjuna into the ladies' apartments without checking his plumbing. We know he wasn't castrated. I'm of the opinion the Pandavas did let Virat in on their identities because otherwise, Arjuna being there makes no sense. Which is probably how the Urvashi story originated 😆. Now, knowing Arjuna's identity, if Virat let him live in the palace, it was only because it was needed.

IMO, it actually displays Arjuna in an extremely positive light than when assuming he took it for love of dance. How many men even in this day and age would renounce their manhood to protect a woman? I adore him.

Nice name of your father.. 🙂

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

I firmly believe Arjuna chose the role to protect Panchali because:

1) She absolutely needed a bodyguard. This was right after Jayadratha, and the Pandavas would have been stupidly insane not to realize it.  Further, it couldn't be a man, and dishy men can more easily pass off as trans/eunuch/crossdresser. Bheema would never be believable in that role 😆. Plus, Arjuna knew how to dance, so he would fit in. 

2) During her encounter with Keechaka, she pushed him down and ran. Then comes the mention of a demon who had been charged with guarding her. Said demon whirled Keechaka around and threw him down. The only one who knew Panchali's identity IN the apartments (Bheema was in the kitchen) was Arjuna. Or else, she had a bodyguard no one knew of.

3) I'm sure Virat and gang were not nuts enough to let Arjuna into the ladies' apartments without checking his plumbing. We know he wasn't castrated. I'm of the opinion the Pandavas did let Virat in on their identities because otherwise, Arjuna being there makes no sense. Which is probably how the Urvashi story originated 😆. Now, knowing Arjuna's identity, if Virat let him live in the palace, it was only because it was needed.

IMO, it actually displays Arjuna in an extremely positive light than when assuming he took it for love of dance. How many men even in this day and age would renounce their manhood to protect a woman? I adore him.

My point is your point no 1. He fit in correctly for that role. Can YBNS do it? No. Also he was the only one who knew dancing, singing etc. So it does prove that he did something which he had an affinity for and knew how to. Now if he would not be interested in such activities he would never learn them, had he not be having a love for feminine tendencies he would be the same as Y or B who could never fit into the role of a trans person/eunuch. This is what I mean. Whether he went for Panchali or not, his likings came to his benefit. 

About 2 and 3 - well these are your assumptions I suppose, can't be sure of them. 

I am just saying we aren't exactly saying contradictory statements. You are focusing on what his job was inside Virat, I am speaking what made him eligible there. That's all

Originally posted by .Vrish.

• Him exploding in the dyut sabha not only at Duryodhan and Dushashan, but also telling Yudhisthir that had he not been his elder brother, he'd have burned his hands that cast that dice (something he did in ⭐️MB 😈)

Was this part of the original text too? I don't think so but still confirming. 

StarBheem was superb, loved every bit of him, infact I genuinely loved even the Bheem in Dharmakshetra (in terms of looks too) 

Btw, IDK if you're Bengali or not, most probably no but Dr Bhaduri, an eminent Mahabharata scholar says similar things as you pointed out in Bheem's character analysis. Got reminded :D 

He is someone I genuinely adore too. 

My point is your point no 1. He fit in correctly for that role. Can YBNS do it? No. Also he was the only one who knew dancing, singing etc. So it does prove that he did something which he had an affinity for and knew how to. Now if he would not be interested in such activities he would never learn them, had he not be having a love for feminine tendencies he would be the same as Y or B who could never fit into the role of a trans person/eunuch. This is what I mean. Whether he went for Panchali or not, his likings came to his benefit. 

About 2 and 3 - well these are your assumptions I suppose, can't be sure of them. 

I am just saying we aren't exactly saying contradictory statements. You are focusing on what his job was inside Virat, I am speaking what made him eligible there. That's all

Oh, I agree re: his metrosexuality. I love men who can dance.

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

Oh, I agree re: his metrosexuality. I love men who can dance.

Haha and in such a day and age being this way was quite a thing because these activities are apparently "feminine" while war and killing and politics is associated with men. Also to note he wasn't very fond of the war bit. Hence my conclusion :D 

Good one 😋

Most dance academies have the idol of Natraja form of Lord Shiva, Arjuna was his devotee too so I guess the influence was there

What I am trying to imagine is how did he learn it? He didn't have sisters, generally dance masters are assigned for girls, it will be a good read to know where did he learn to dance 

Edited by NoraSM - 3 years ago