Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Gosh! That SPK storyline sounds downright ridiculous. Exceeded all bounds of a laughable fan fiction. πŸ˜†

I had a parody thread in that forum called 'The Priyamvada Chronicles', named after the fictitious maid who kept Kunti from spilling her guts out to Karna about his identity when he was young.  On an occasion or more, I was asked whether my parody post was the real episode πŸ˜† (Scarier answer: a part of it actually was 🀣)

Yeah, the part about Shon's and chacha-ji's torture was horrible, as was the edict that sutas had to live in caves.  Another ridiculous facet of the story: Vrushali (unnamed in the original epic) was a lifelong girlfriend of Karna's, who only married him shortly before his death and gave birth to Vrishaketu at around the same time as Uttara gave birth to Parikshit.  Putting age analysis of them aside, it was just as ridiculous that in Dwarpar Yuga Aryavarta, a woman would be allowed by society to stay unmarried for so long, assuming that she already had a suitor.  Heck, even in the 20th century, Indian women usually married in their 20s: it's only these days that we see more women pushing it out to the 30s

Edited by .Vrish. - 3 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

^^^ oh now I remember you after you mentioned Priyamvada Chronicles. 

I was there in that forum, in fact it was my first active forum and it was much more entertaining than the show

The show was completely a fan fiction to completely demonize Indian heritage

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I had a parody thread in that forum called 'The Priyamvada Chronicles', named after the fictitious maid who kept Kunti from spilling her guts out to Karna about his identity when he was young.  On an occasion or more, I was asked whether my parody post was the real episode πŸ˜† (Scarier answer: a part of it actually was 🀣)

Yeah, the part about Shon's and chacha-ji's torture was horrible, as was the edict that sutas had to live in caves.  Another ridiculous facet of the story: Vrushali (unnamed in the original epic) was a lifelong girlfriend of Karna's, who only married him shortly before his death and gave birth to Vrishaketu at around the same time as Uttara gave birth to Parikshit.  Putting age analysis of them aside, it was just as ridiculous that in Dwarpar Yuga Aryavarta, a woman would be allowed by society to stay unmarried for so long, assuming that she already had a suitor.  Heck, even in the 20th century, Indian women usually married in their 20s: it's only these days that we see more women pushing it out to the 30s

Oh! I remember Kunti's Priyamvada from Starbharat. πŸ˜…

@Bold - πŸ€£

These ridiculous adaptations lack even a silly wikipedia research. πŸ˜…

The content is seriously worse that that of a below average daily soap. I'm glad I didn't view SPK. 

Vr15h thumbnail

To be fair, the maid in SPK was unnamed, but still wielded undue influence on Kunti.  This was the same thing they did in ⭐️+ MB, except that there, they named the maid 'Priyamvada'.  In that forum, I had a field day, dragging Priyamvada's name into all sorts of CNAT discussions, and in the SPK forum, since the maid was unnamed, I just imported Priyamvada's name there πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

No, Karna and Balaram ended up not fighting!  (Phew, I was scared that Karna would defeat Balaram)

Karna died on day 17, but Vrushali posthumously gave birth to Vrishaketu at the same time that Uttara gave birth to Parikshit.  And when the Pandavas abdicated, both Vrishaketu and Parikshit were crowned king (don't remember which kingdom Vrishaketu got).

Gautam Rode, who played Karna, also played the role of Vrishaketu in that interval, thereby preserving the actor and making it look like Karna was alive.  And when Yudhisthir finally got to the end of heaven, the Pandavas and Kauravas all surrounded Karna, who was the center of their adulation (unlike in the original epic, where everyone ended up w/ his celestial father and wife, including Karna, who ended up w/ Surya dev)

One more factoid: the actors who played Karna and Draupadi in SPK did go on to marry each other: that's the closest thing to a Karna-Draupadi relationship that one could ever get πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

Is Vrishketu a real character though? Is he mentioned in any credible source or is he just a figment of imagination? I meant is he mentioned in any credible source or is he mentioned only in folklores

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Is Vrishketu a real character though? Is he mentioned in any credible source or is he just a figment of imagination? I meant is he mentioned in any credible source or is he mentioned only in folklores

The only description of Vrishaketu in Jaimenaya.  He did get killed by Babruvahana, just like Arjun got killed and he too was restored to life IIRCπŸ€”. 

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I'm waiting for ST's show on kunti, he should make one😈 but S(sid/sony)PK was only the show that went beyond war I wonder what stopped him from doing that in β­οΈBπŸ€”

Originally posted by: Sanskruthi

The only description of Vrishaketu in Jaimenaya.  He did get killed by Babruvahana, just like Arjun got killed and he too was restored to life IIRCπŸ€”. 

Is he mentioned in Jaimenaya?? Then most probably he is real. 

Jaimini was also a student of Vyas just like Vaishampayan. His Mahabharatha version is also as old as Vaishampayan. Just we do not have it in complete today only have it's parts so it's not that famous.

But it is considered pretty authentic, in fact probably more than even Srimad Bhagwatam or Harivamsapurana.

Great so Karna had a child left, good that his progeny didn't end like it happened for Duryodhan 

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

^^^ oh now I remember you after you mentioned Priyamvada Chronicles. 

I was there in that forum, in fact it was my first active forum and it was much more entertaining than the show

The show was completely a fan fiction to completely demonize Indian heritage

I didn't recall you either, but I went back to that thread, and finally saw your posts on pg 19

That show was bizarre from day 1, when it showed Radha behave like a step mother b'cos she had just given birth to Shon.  I didn't get why a serial celebrating Karna, even as a Surya-putra, had to defame the woman who the real Karna actually loved, and pretend that he had a special place in his heart for the witch who set him afloat on the river

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanskruthi

I'm waiting for ST's show on kunti, he should make one😈 but S(sid/sony)PK was only the show that went beyond war I wonder what stopped him from doing that in β­οΈBπŸ€”

Somebody's doing a show on Kunti?  Why, she's not been whitewashed enough?

Besides, how will a serial about someone who was a widow for the bulk of her life attract ratings, unless it morphs more into something about her sons - either Karna or the Pandavas?  Will they show us a secret affair b/w Kunti and Dhritarashtra?  Something along the lines of: 😈

• Kunti and Dhritarashtra are making out in secret before the game of dice
  • Vastraharan happens in Dhritarashtra's absence
  • Pandavas lose 2nd game of dice
  • Kunti enjoyed her first tryst w/ Dhritarashtra so much, she agreed to his request not to go into exile w/ the Pandavas
  • For those 13 years, she continues to have a secret affair, getting Duryodhan or Dushashan to divert Gandhari's attention elsewhere, so that she doesn't get caught
  • After the Pandava restoration in Hastinapur, she continues, this time having all her bahus serve Gandhari personally, so that the latter is too busy for her husband, leaving him to Kunti alone
  • For that reason, when Dhritarashtra and Gandhari leave for the forest, Kunti goes w/ them and keeps stealing time w/ Dhritarashtra while Gandhari ain't looking
  • Finally, when the forest fire breaks out, Kunti dies in Dhritarashtra's arms

Such a storyline wouldn't be much different from either SPK or KMHK 😈