Mukesh Khhanna on the casting Mahabharata

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Mukesh Khhanna has given a proper detail on the casting of Mahabharata

Saying that I am now literally fed up of Mukesh Khhanna's "Main 15 filmo ka hero reh chuka hoon"

https://youtu.be/XY9hnAodmGg

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Mukesh-ji is too full of himself.  He slammed both the Mahabharat's - Ekta's and the ⭐️+ one for their inaccuracies, while happily ignoring that BRC pretty much wrote their own as well.  Like his character Bheeshma never swore blind loyalty to the crown, contrary to what Mukesh-ji portrayed in the serial.

Also, him slamming Sonakshi Sinha for not knowing the Ramayan and the basis on which her father and uncles were named - what was that?  Not everybody has the same interest in Hindu mythology that he apparently does

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Mukesh-ji is too full of himself.  He slammed both the Mahabharat's - Ekta's and the ⭐️+ one for their inaccuracies, while happily ignoring that BRC pretty much wrote their own as well.  Like his character Bheeshma never swore blind loyalty to the crown, contrary to what Mukesh-ji portrayed in the serial.

Also, him slamming Sonakshi Sinha for not knowing the Ramayan and the basis on which her father and uncles were named - what was that?  Not everybody has the same interest in Hindu mythology that he apparently does

Yes definitely tell me about it. He said Ekta Kapoor casted Ronit Roy as Bheeshm just because he was a star on TV. What the hell was that complain. Ronit Roy is great in serious looks and was hence casted as Bheeshm, Hiten Tejwani nailed in angry young man roles so was cast as Karna, Chetan Hansraz had already played Bheem(child) in BRC and she casted him in the grown up role. I never felt her casting was mismatch 

Maybe her Mahabharata didn't go at par with BRC in creating the atmosphere, yet I found hers to be the one trying to remove divinity and presenting in human form 

Sonakshi Sinha stuff I don't even want to comment. I don't like her as an actresses, but just because her house is named Ramayana doesn't mean she should know everything about it

The people were making fun of her like anything

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I did agree w/ Mukesh-ji on some things, like Ekta's Draupadi having a tattoo, or having Satyavati herself demand that Devarath be deprived of the throne.  And he is right that if one tries to 'modernize' culture, one destroys it.  However, he acts as though the serial he acted in was authentic

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I did agree w/ Mukesh-ji on some things, like Ekta's Draupadi having a tattoo, or having Satyavati herself demand that Devarath be deprived of the throne.  And he is right that if one tries to 'modernize' culture, one destroys it.  However, he acts as though the serial he acted in was authentic

Did they show Draupadi in it?? I was of the opinion that the magnum opus πŸ˜‰ended midway with Pandavas leaving for Varnavrat i.e before the entry of Draupadi. I knew that Anita Hansandani was the Draupadi only since they had a press conference.

Maybe though Tattooed Draupadi is beyond imagination. However Godna(Tattoo) is very much an Indian tradition. My grandmother (Nani) said that a woman was not allowed to visit her parents after marriage if she didn't get Godna

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Sonakshi Sinha stuff I don't even want to comment. I don't like her as an actresses, but just because her house is named Ramayana doesn't mean she should know everything about it

The people were making fun of her like anything

🀣

I didn't know the answer too πŸ€” my juniors were discussing it and I go 'it was for Rama' 😭🀧 

Horizon566 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

🀣

I didn't know the answer too πŸ€” my juniors were discussing it and I go 'it was for Rama' 😭🀧 

you in the way was correct as in valmiki ramayan at one day indrajit makes both ramji and lakshmanji unconscious and then jambvantji orders hanumanji to bring few herbs from Himalayas which included sanjivani too and then when at another day indrajit uses shakti on lakhanji then again he brings sanjivani.This whole sequence is not shown correctly on tv(may be they show it acc.to ramcharitmanas)

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Tattoos were very much part of ancient tradition.

Temp ones with mehndi and haldi are described in vedic litt. Permanent tattooing was supposedly started by Goddess Parvathi after a god mistook her for his wife and put his arm around her. Subsequently, she decreed all goddesses should wear distinguishing tattoos.

So a tattooed Panchali is not beyond realm of possibility. 

Also disagree re: problems with modernizing mythology. The current form we have is the result of multiple such modernizations we call interpolations. It's like cutting the trunk of a tree and finding multiple rings. Each generation leaves its mark on it. Such texts then become ongoing anthropological records in addition to telling the original story. What I would love to do is know what the core story was and understand how changes happened over time. 

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon566

you in the way was correct as in valmiki ramayan at one day indrajit makes both ramji and lakshmanji unconscious and then jambvantji orders hanumanji to bring few herbs from Himalayas which included sanjivani too and then when at another day indrajit uses shakti on lakhanji then again he brings sanjivani.This whole sequence is not shown correctly on tv(may be they show it acc.to ramcharitmanas)

Oh wow

So I wasn't wrong πŸ˜›